Valyria is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to focus the lower traps instead of the lats in compund and isolation exercises?

Hello guys. I am trying to focus lower traps but lats do most of the work in compound exercises. I can feel scapula depression but lats overwork. For example pull up.

The reason isolating the lower traps is my upper trapezius is genetically strong and tend to overwork.I need to strong lower traps that can be balance upper traps.But my lower traps cannot get enough resistence in compound exercises.

I tried lower trap isolation exercises such as lower trap raise.But I doesn't feel only scapular depression in this exercise.When I lift my arm and try to depress my shouder blades I feel like my lats engaged but after controlling my scapula wit other hands I notice my scapula have depressed.How can isolate my lower traps properly instead of lats.(Any advice or video in online appreciated)

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz

Eat the damn yolk.

Valyria is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post

Thanks.I have a question about inverted Y. Why we try to pinching our shoulder blades at the beginning of the movement?