UncleLemmon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UncleLemmon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bodyweight conditioning and training program help needed

I had a bit of an accident a while back which finished in broken ribs among other things. i still dont feel ready to hit weights yet but i've got to do something. bikings ok now and i managed a very slow jog the other day. id like to do some bodyweight training but i dont have a clear complete structured routine.

can anyone point me in the direction please.

Thanks

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why do you want to do bodyweight workouts?

You want to use bodyweight because that's your style, what you enjoy and what you aspire to? Good... go for it.

You want to use bodyweight because you think it's an easy option while you recover and weights are always hard? Wrong... Do things for the right reasons.

Weights are scalable - so as hard or easy as you like (so is bodyweight when you adjust variations and leverages).

Recovery is important, don't start whatever it is you decide to start, before you are recovered.

Enjoy...

mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mikey32905 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looking up "body weight fitness" on reddit is a good place to start. Also, look into the book, "Convict Conditioning" by Paul Wise. I am currently working through the routines there.

UncleLemmon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UncleLemmon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Why do you want to do bodyweight workouts?

You want to use bodyweight because that's your style, what you enjoy and what you aspire to? Good... go for it.

You want to use bodyweight because you think it's an easy option while you recover and weights are always hard? Wrong... Do things for the right reasons.

Weights are scalable - so as hard or easy as you like (so is bodyweight when you adjust variations and leverages).

Recovery is important, don't start whatever it is you decide to start, before you are recovered.

Enjoy...
    Not sure i totally agree. example i was going some stretches after a workout. got on to rolling V sits and the first 3 went fine. 4 hurt but at least i could stop there its not like i was holding 60kg over my chest..

its not about being "easier" i feel there is less overall risk. i went through some tabata today and found things i could do without pain, thinks that hurt and things that felt fine to begin with and suddenly not so fine. but in neither case did i have to suddenly figure out what to do with a barbell, i could just stop.

cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by UncleLemmon View Post
    Not sure i totally agree. example i was going some stretches after a workout. got on to rolling V sits and the first 3 went fine. 4 hurt but at least i could stop there its not like i was holding 60kg over my chest..

its not about being "easier" i feel there is less overall risk. i went through some tabata today and found things i could do without pain, thinks that hurt and things that felt fine to begin with and suddenly not so fine. but in neither case did i have to suddenly figure out what to do with a barbell, i could just stop.
    If you are just coming back from injury and/or still recovering, why would you be benching 60kg the first session?

That is not what he meant.
    Read the fukcing stickies!

S/B/D/P
    565/385/600/270

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175988921

Originally Posted by cornman99 View Post
    If you are just coming back from injury and/or still recovering, why would you be benching 60kg the first session?

That is not what he meant.
    it was just an example. the point is with bodyweght excercise theres no equipment to worry about.

cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) cornman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by UncleLemmon View Post
    it was just an example. the point is with bodyweght excercise theres no equipment to worry about.
    A pushup is probably more difficult than benching just the bar, plus if you bench in a rack you have nothing to worry about, and can continue to train the motor pattern.
    Read the fukcing stickies!

S/B/D/P
    565/385/600/270

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175988921