Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Intermitent Fasting???

Trying to cut, performing IF as well as I can. But I work out at 0300 in the morning, right now I do not eat prior to weight training, but I have Whey post workout. Is there a way I can lengthen my IF? Is it really important to get in some protein right after working out, or can I stretch it to around 1100, or 1200 (noon)?
    Trying to get myself back into shape, wanting to compete in Physique. Loving the transformation my body has gone through to this point. Feeling better, looking better, and all around much more healthy than I was.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Mykdiver View Post
    Trying to cut, performing IF as well as I can. But I work out at 0300 in the morning, right now I do not eat prior to weight training, but I have Whey post workout. Is there a way I can lengthen my IF? Is it really important to get in some protein right after working out, or can I stretch it to around 1100, or 1200 (noon)?
    it doesn't matter how you long fast all that matters is that you eat less read the stickies

Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mykdiver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VandelVy View Post
    it doesn't matter how you long fast all that matters is that you eat less read the stickies
    Yes, I know that. I guess I did not word my question correctly. I am interested in IF for the HGH/Test that the body produces while sleeping. I want to carry that further into my day to help build muscle better, or at least maintain more muscle during my cut. Does that make more sense?
    Trying to get myself back into shape, wanting to compete in Physique. Loving the transformation my body has gone through to this point. Feeling better, looking better, and all around much more healthy than I was.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, I know that. I guess I did not word my question correctly. I am interested in IF for the HGH/Test that the body produces while sleeping. I want to carry that further into my day to help build muscle better, or at least maintain more muscle during my cut. Does that make more sense?
    HGH is released during a fast to mobilise glucose into your bloodstream - it has absolutely nothing to do with muscle growth - at least not in that situation. Hormones have many functions in the body - it's not a simple case of HGH = moar gainz.

IF doesn't affect test - although it could depress it slightly as shown in studies. You may be referring to another old myth about test release during big compound lifts like squats. Again, the hormone is not around for long enough and will not do anything for muscle growth in that context.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    HGH is released during a fast to mobilise glucose into your bloodstream - it has absolutely nothing to do with muscle growth - at least not in that situation. Hormones have many functions in the body - it's not a simple case of HGH = moar gainz.

IF doesn't affect test - although it could depress it slightly as shown in studies. You may be referring to another old myth about test release during big compound lifts like squats. Again, the hormone is not around for long enough and will not do anything for muscle growth in that context.
    So me taking a preworkout, working out, then taking BCAAs and Whey post workout is fine? Is that a good plan? It has been working for me very well so far in my cut. I am down about 21lbs and feel pretty good about not loosing too much muscle. My abs are now visible all the time, but still under a little layer.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    This thread......again?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    This thread......again?
    Sorry, I looked around and did not see a thread that was about this. I did try though, I am a veteran of forums, just not this one. I apologize for this, but I appreciate the help.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    So me taking a preworkout, working out, then taking BCAAs and Whey post workout is fine? Is that a good plan? It has been working for me very well so far in my cut. I am down about 21lbs and feel pretty good about not loosing too much muscle. My abs are now visible all the time, but still under a little layer.
    Probably. If you are fasted then taking protein straight after working out is likely a sensible thing to do. You don't need BCAA by the way - 25g+ of whey already contains enough amino acids and it's cheaper.

Probably. If you are fasted then taking protein straight after working out is likely a sensible thing to do. You don't need BCAA by the way - 25g+ of whey already contains enough amino acids and it's cheaper.
    Got it, thanks. I should take BCAAs later on in the day though right? To support my muscle during my cut???

Got it, thanks. I should take BCAAs later on in the day though right? To support my muscle during my cut???
    I wouldn't

You should be getting adequate from your regular protein intake. Remember - BCAAs are just a fraction of regular protein and cost a lot more.

I prefer to get my protein mostly from wholefood source so that I also get other important nutrients at the same time.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is not true at all. It is just like the folks that come in and say they squat for the HGH/test boost, it is not real.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

I wouldn't

You should be getting adequate from your regular protein intake. Remember - BCAAs are just a fraction of regular protein and cost a lot more.

I prefer to get my protein mostly from wholefood source so that I also get other important nutrients at the same time.
    Even if I only use chicken and turkey for my meats? My family and I only eat those for our meat sources. Does that matter. I totally agree, I would much rather get the stuff I need from whole food sources. I just thought that I should use BCAAs to ensure I lost the most fat and retained the most muscle during my cut. Thanks for clarifying.

It's probably OK. You might also get protein from eggs, beans, wholegrains, nuts, dairy, peas, lentils, some vegetables in small amounts - these things don't have as much as meat does but it all adds up.

anonymous
    Even if I only use chicken and turkey for my meats? My family and I only eat those for our meat sources. Does that matter. I totally agree, I would much rather get the stuff I need from whole food sources. I just thought that I should use BCAAs to ensure I lost the most fat and retained the most muscle during my cut. Thanks for clarifying.
    Unless I go out to eat I only cook with ground turkey and chicken breasts and I go to the gym fasted and may not eat for hours afterwards

It's probably OK. You might also get protein from eggs, beans, wholegrains, nuts, dairy, peas, lentils, some vegetables in small amounts - these things don't have as much as meat does but it all adds up.
    Good point, thanks. Yes I do eat eggs also.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, to first briefly answer your question, if your primary goal is weight loss, don't worry about the constant need for protein consumption, worry about the fasting and feeding windows, just ensure you are hitting your macros when you do feed. That's my opinion.

The problem with asking this question on these forums is everyone is going to try and push their own diet plan onto you. I've now seen people trash IF again and again for the wrong reasons on these forums, mostly the same guys over and over. And to some extent I get it, I went 20 years of my life with the old bodybuilding mentality that constant eating and constant protein consumption are needed to stay lean and make muscle gains. It's a hard mentality to break. But from my research I've come to the conclusion that IF is surely not the best for maximum muscle gain but is a tremendous option for weight loss and lean bulking as your main goals.

With that said, my advice would be to do your own research and come to your own conclusion that you are comfortable with. Remember anyone can post anything on these forums and it might not be the best information. Google is your friend, a couple links from this site even come up with a search, just avoid the forums for solid advice, lol

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...d-to-know.html
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...t-fasting.html
    https://myfitregimen.com/7-reasons-t...youre-bulking/

Originally Posted by VandelVy View Post
    Unless I go out to eat I only cook with ground turkey and chicken breasts and I go to the gym fasted and may not eat for hours afterwards
    Doing it right
    12-5-23

PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The point is why would you isolate yourself catching some stupid time frame window when you can eat when you want/can and have same and/or even better results.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PhantomLancer View Post
    The point is why would you isolate yourself catching some stupid time frame window when you can eat when you want/can and have same and/or even better results.
    This

Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    worry about the fasting and feeding windows,
    Not this

While there is nothing wrong with things like IF, touting it as superior to a more regular eating pattern is incorrect. For many goals the lack of a more consistent protein intake can be sub optimal.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

I just look at IF as a tool in my toolbox, I don't think it is the end all be all, but I think there is a place for it in my plan.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just look at IF as a tool in my toolbox, I don't think it is the end all be all, but I think there is a place for it in my plan.
    Yes it can be great for calorie adherence. I do IF when I need to lose a few lbs. Basically skip breakfast and eat a nice dinner at 6. I prefer my calories later than earlier and when you're in a deficit the lower calories must be engineered into your diet structure for adherence.

A larger meal at night tends to assist with that for many. Your weekly calories determine the results and your feeding window does not
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Agreed, thanks for the input.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PhantomLancer View Post
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    This

Not this

While there is nothing wrong with things like IF, touting it as superior to a more regular eating pattern is incorrect. For many goals the lack of a more consistent protein intake can be sub optimal.

https://translational-medicine.biome...967-016-1044-0

That is the correct way to look at it. I've seen too many people do IF without calorie restriction and expect to loose weight. BRB, skipping breakfast so I can eat a gallon of ice cream for dinner. MindBlown.gif
    12-5-23

Thanks for that reply mgftp, good point also.