Reply
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Results 571 to 584 of 584
  1. #571
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    As far as morning food goes, it's strange. Some days I'll wake up really hungry, ready to get in my small pre grub immediately. And there are some days I'll wake up and force it down just because I've been doing this long enough to know that if I don't I'll burnout and regret it. It's a good thing I love bananas and almond milk, because even when I force it down it's still delicious ha
    Yup, same... for me it depends on the night before, even the day before, and certain food choices I guess.

    x2 on the bananas/almond milk. I've had my best training sessions and feeling of energy when I do a simple banana, spinach, flax, protein, and almond/cashewmilk smoothie before the gym... something like 300-400 calories depending on the day, so it's perfect for about a 60-75min session without having to actually digest it for a long time... I also think the potassium in the banana and spinach can help with endurance, but who knows. I'm been toying with the idea of adding some sea salt to aid with pumps, but haven't tried that yet.
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #572
    Surfing Chia Seed Dude SOJA's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Posts: 17,666
    Rep Power: 80307
    SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    SOJA is offline
    When I wake up I end up taking a 1-2 minute long nonstop piss. The **** you guys doing?
    “To finish the moment, to find the journey's end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom.”

    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Live your life how you want it and not to appease others.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #573
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    Another awesome workout today. Had to deviate from my usual upper/lower due to weekend plans (won't be lifting this weekend and I usually lift on sunday) and instead to push today and pull tomorrow.

    Squats

    165x5
    165x5
    165x5 (+5lb)
    160x6

    OHP (progress here was how much more controlled and balanced the reps were, lock out was easy)

    4 sets of 5 with 80lb

    Leg Press

    250x10 (+1 rep)
    250x9
    250x10 (+1 rep)

    Inclined BB Press

    100x8
    100x7
    100x7

    Seated Calfs

    80x15
    80x14
    80x14

    Skullcrushers

    60x9 (+1 rep)
    60x9 (+1 rep)
    60x8


    Feels good to love the gym again
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #574
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    Ended up doing a very simple upper-body only push workout... so, just chest and shoulders/triceps.

    My only real goal today was to add at least SOMETHING to my bench... and I did.

    I only added 5lb to the first set of my 4x5. However, i'm pretty happy with this, because I had a really active weekend with my double-day golf match (where I took 2nd place, won a big chunk of money too which is awesome), and my body is kind of sore still.

    So, this week i'll have kind of an unusual lifting schedule with legs tomorrow, then back+biceps on Wednesday.... picking back up with upper-body on Friday.
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #575
    Registered User Nicksosure1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 398
    Rep Power: 3527
    Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nicksosure1 is offline
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Ended up doing a very simple upper-body only push workout... so, just chest and shoulders/triceps.

    My only real goal today was to add at least SOMETHING to my bench... and I did.

    I only added 5lb to the first set of my 4x5. However, i'm pretty happy with this, because I had a really active weekend with my double-day golf match (where I took 2nd place, won a big chunk of money too which is awesome), and my body is kind of sore still.

    So, this week i'll have kind of an unusual lifting schedule with legs tomorrow, then back+biceps on Wednesday.... picking back up with upper-body on Friday.
    Atta kid! On both the golf and the 5lbs.

    Oddly, I don't mind having to change my schedule up from time to time. It actually brings a bit of new life if you've been on the same program for so long.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #576
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Atta kid! On both the golf and the 5lbs.

    Oddly, I don't mind having to change my schedule up from time to time. It actually brings a bit of new life if you've been on the same program for so long.
    Yeah it's kind of nice. Sometimes I split my chest/back days because the shoulders get worked on both types of movements, so at times it can be a lot of fatigue on those joints in a single session.

    Today was just 4 sets of 5 on bench, 3 sets of 9 on hammer incline, 3 sets of 8 for DB shoulder press, and skullcrushers.
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #577
    Registered User Nicksosure1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 398
    Rep Power: 3527
    Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nicksosure1 is offline
    I remember you mentioning weird weight fluctuations despite energy output and intake remaining constant in the past. This had been happening to me the past two weeks. Down .5lb for two weeks straight. Haven't changed a single thing up, if anything I've eaten a bit more these past two weeks than normally. Surely just one of those weird water retention/flush cycles. Fully expect to have a net gain of 1.5-2lbs next week.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes I really just hate that pesky scale.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #578
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    I remember you mentioning weird weight fluctuations despite energy output and intake remaining constant in the past. This had been happening to me the past two weeks. Down .5lb for two weeks straight. Haven't changed a single thing up, if anything I've eaten a bit more these past two weeks than normally. Surely just one of those weird water retention/flush cycles. Fully expect to have a net gain of 1.5-2lbs next week.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes I really just hate that pesky scale.
    Yeah dude the scale sucks sometimes....

    This weekend for me was a perfect example. When I go golfing, my vegetable/food volume goes way down because I don't want a stuffed stomach while i'm out on the course. So, I eat PBJ Sandwiches, Granola, etc instead, and the rest of the day I just don't have enough time left to get in meals with similar volumes to my 'normal' mix.

    That, coupled with more walking, movement, etc, and I end up flushing out water and probably a lot of other things, so on Monday I was down .5lb. But like you said, it's something that seems to come back after a few days. Definitely makes tracking a pain.

    I also have a big shift in water retention because I eat a decent amount of carbs... i'll wake up looking like my skin is thinner than tissue paper but by the end of the day my abs are a blurry mess ;o)

    Not something I care too much about at all, but it's the measuring of progress that gets tough.
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #579
    Registered User Nicksosure1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 398
    Rep Power: 3527
    Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nicksosure1 is offline
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Yeah dude the scale sucks sometimes....

    This weekend for me was a perfect example. When I go golfing, my vegetable/food volume goes way down because I don't want a stuffed stomach while i'm out on the course. So, I eat PBJ Sandwiches, Granola, etc instead, and the rest of the day I just don't have enough time left to get in meals with similar volumes to my 'normal' mix.

    That, coupled with more walking, movement, etc, and I end up flushing out water and probably a lot of other things, so on Monday I was down .5lb. But like you said, it's something that seems to come back after a few days. Definitely makes tracking a pain.

    I also have a big shift in water retention because I eat a decent amount of carbs... i'll wake up looking like my skin is thinner than tissue paper but by the end of the day my abs are a blurry mess ;o)

    Not something I care too much about at all, but it's the measuring of progress that gets tough.
    Oh man I know. Some mornings I'll wake up looking incredibly lean and think to myself "Yep, probably need to eat a bit more today." Then, by the night time after a day full of carbs I'll think to myself "Nah, definitely eating enough." lol

    None of it really bothers me either. Just focusing on getting stronger and I have confidence that the rest will continue to follow. But like you said, things like that muddying the tracking waters can a bit of annoyance though.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #580
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Oh man I know. Some mornings I'll wake up looking incredibly lean and think to myself "Yep, probably need to eat a bit more today." Then, by the night time after a day full of carbs I'll think to myself "Nah, definitely eating enough." lol

    None of it really bothers me either. Just focusing on getting stronger and I have confidence that the rest will continue to follow. But like you said, things like that muddying the tracking waters can a bit of annoyance though.
    I think part of it is just being so lean where we can tell the difference. When you're closer to 15% bodyfat and not 10% or lower, you probably don't see the same kinds of shifts... but for us, when your baseline is super-ripped even the smallest blur on the midsection seems extreme.
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #581
    Registered User Nicksosure1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 398
    Rep Power: 3527
    Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nicksosure1 is offline
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I think part of it is just being so lean where we can tell the difference. When you're closer to 15% bodyfat and not 10% or lower, you probably don't see the same kinds of shifts... but for us, when your baseline is super-ripped even the smallest blur on the midsection seems extreme.
    No you're right. When I was huge, I didn't even realize water weight existed. Couldn't tell a difference after a carb heavy meal, besides the fact that my stomach was just bigger from my fat*** eating so much food at once.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #582
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    No you're right. When I was huge, I didn't even realize water weight existed. Couldn't tell a difference after a carb heavy meal, besides the fact that my stomach was just bigger from my fat*** eating so much food at once.
    It's just hard to know... water weight can make me look like I gained 5pounds of fat overnight. haha.

    I get excited that i'm finally gaining and then boom, scale goes back down.
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #583
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    Ended up doing a deload leg workout today... I needed it.

    Basically I just bumped weights down by about 20%, did a little extra core work, was very focused on form and speed, and made sure I got a nice pump and practice my movement patterns. Lower back was just too shot from the weekend and my quads felt like they needed more time.

    So, plan is to do an upper-pull session tomorrow, Thursday off, and back in on friday for a full-body Push session (squat and OHP focus).
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #584
    team ketchup AdamWW's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
    Posts: 16,821
    Rep Power: 80744
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AdamWW is online now
    And today... more gains.


    Pendlay Row

    155x6
    155x7 (+1 rep)
    155x7 (+1 rep)
    155x7 (+1 rep)

    Weighted Pull Up

    +25 x 7 (all time PR)
    +25 x 6
    +25 x 6

    Weighted Back Extension

    +45 for 3 sets of 12

    Barbell Curl (added 5lb)

    55x10
    55x10
    55x10

    Lateral Raises

    3 sets of 10 with 20lb

    Hanging Leg Raises

    3 sets
    Strength is never a weakness, weakness is never a strength.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts