Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sup ya'll?

Well hot damn, near-fasted training this morning, trying a new thing where I have coconut water for carbs instead of water and it's working great. Just 10oz plus some EAA powder and it seems perfect to avoid reflux from solid foods.

Hit a GREAT session...

Barbel Rows

135x10
    155x8
    155x8
    145x9
    145x9

Weighted Pull Up

+10 x 8 for 4 Sets

DB Curls

4 sets of 10 with 27.5lb

Laterals

3 sets of 12 with 20lb

Hanging Leg Raise

3 sets to failure

Been really focusing on nailing my surplus lately and it's been showing great results. Really pleased with my rate of gain right now.
    The power of carbs compels me!

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Finally... FINALLY... hit 200x5 on squats this morning, along with other PRs for this bulk =o)

Squats

175x6
    195x5
    195x5
    200x5 (PR)

Romanian DL

155x10 (PR)
    155x9
    155x8

Pendulum Squats

100x12 (PR)
    100x12
    100x11
    100x11

Seated Ham Curls

115x12
    115x11
    115x11

Standing Calf Raise

180x18
    180x18
    180x18

Cable Crunches

3 stes of 15

Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Finally... FINALLY... hit 200x5 on squats this morning, along with other PRs for this bulk =o)

Squats

175x6
    195x5
    195x5
    200x5 (PR)

Romanian DL

155x10 (PR)
    155x9
    155x8

Pendulum Squats

100x12 (PR)
    100x12
    100x11
    100x11

Seated Ham Curls

115x12
    115x11
    115x11

Standing Calf Raise

180x18
    180x18
    180x18

Cable Crunches

3 stes of 15
    Dasitmane! What do you think it was that changed with your diet &/or mindset toward bulking?

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Dasitmane! What do you think it was that changed with your diet &/or mindset toward bulking?
    In terms of hitting new PRs or just the commitment change?

I think the PRs are a combination of my body accumulating enough underlying repairs from the ED over the last several weeks/months that it can finally dedicate more of the energy I'm taking in to repairing muscle and not just fixing my CNS, hormones, organs, bones, etc... I'm now sleeping better, feeling happier, less stressed... it's EVERYTHING else that needed fixing before muscle growth could become a priority at all.

In terms of mentality, one big, BIG thing that switched was a desire to stop wasting time.

Once I finally started to see strength progress, any day I would have restricted before now seems like an insult to my training, because going into a session I now feel obligated to be over-fed in order to do the work. For example, now if it's an off-day, I have zero desire to restrict or lower calories because I know that tomorrow I NEED the energy to lift big. I had become so used to this fatigued, sore, tired feeling that I just thought that's how everyone felt.

Now that I finally OVER-fuel myself on purpose, I realize that training can actually GIVE me energy and not just drain my body into nothing. After a huge meal now, in my mind I'm not thinking "uh oh, the fat gain!".... instead, i'm thinking, "hell yes, imagine the crazy pumps I'll have tomorrow!".

It just started feeling good to feel strong... it took a lot of repeated exposure to get there though.. for sure.

One last thing that comes to mind is that I simply started valuing feeling happy and energetic over feeling in control of my leanness. Again, it took repeated exposure and time for my body to sufficiently repair in order for the happiness/energy to really kick in, but now that I see how much better it feels, I would NEVER consciously choose feeling lean/in control over feeling happy, energized, and focused.

I think one of the major genetic components to those who develop ED's from restriction is that starvation triggers the release of cortisol and adrenaline which gives us this tunnel vision, much like anyone who has experienced the profound fight or flight response from a stressful event. That focus/tunnel vision can be addicting, it kind of pulled me in, because you feel in control from all those hormones circulating and blocking out the real world... it takes away the feelings of hunger and desire and your whole life becomes an enslaved reality wherein you just want to cling to the control. Then, when you finally start feeding yourself, that focus and control goes away, and it feels wrong, un-hinged, and out-of-control... it can be really scary.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 02-12-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In terms of hitting new PRs or just the commitment change?

I think the PRs are a combination of my body accumulating enough underlying repairs from the ED over the last several weeks/months that it can finally dedicate more of the energy I'm taking in to repairing muscle and not just fixing my CNS, hormones, organs, bones, etc... I'm now sleeping better, feeling happier, less stressed... it's EVERYTHING else that needed fixing before muscle growth could become a priority at all.

In terms of mentality, one big, BIG thing that switched was a desire to stop wasting time.

Once I finally started to see strength progress, any day I would have restricted before now seems like an insult to my training, because going into a session I now feel obligated to be over-fed in order to do the work. For example, now if it's an off-day, I have zero desire to restrict or lower calories because I know that tomorrow I NEED the energy to lift big. I had become so used to this fatigued, sore, tired feeling that I just thought that's how everyone felt.

Now that I finally OVER-fuel myself on purpose, I realize that training can actually GIVE me energy and not just drain my body into nothing. After a huge meal now, in my mind I'm not thinking "uh oh, the fat gain!".... instead, i'm thinking, "hell yes, imagine the crazy pumps I'll have tomorrow!".

It just started feeling good to feel strong... it took a lot of repeated exposure to get there though.. for sure.

One last thing that comes to mind is that I simply started valuing feeling happy and energetic over feeling in control of my leanness. Again, it took repeated exposure and time for my body to sufficiently repair in order for the happiness/energy to really kick in, but now that I see how much better it feels, I would NEVER consciously choose feeling lean/in control over feeling happy, energized, and focused.

I think one of the major genetic components to those who develop ED's from restriction is that starvation triggers the release of cortisol and adrenaline which gives us this tunnel vision, much like anyone who has experienced the profound fight or flight response from a stressful event. That focus/tunnel vision can be addicting, it kind of pulled me in, because you feel in control from all those hormones circulating and blocking out the real world... it takes away the feelings of hunger and desire and your whole life becomes an enslaved reality wherein you just want to cling to the control. Then, when you finally start feeding yourself, that focus and control goes away, and it feels wrong, un-hinged, and out-of-control... it can be really scary.
    Damn that was very well-said & I completely agree with that last part. I'm still that way outside of exercise & diet. The way I throw myself into work in general gets those hormones running and I block the world out. I've just had to learn over time to respect that I need to "jump off that ride" of stress hormones so-to-speak & actively choose to disengage or even force myself to relax.

It also makes sense that your body prioritized organ/CNS repair over gains for quite some time, & I'm 100% with you on how good it feels to be in a surplus when you know it's gonna lead to an amazing workout.

Damn that was very well-said & I completely agree with that last part. I'm still that way outside of exercise & diet. The way I throw myself into work in general gets those hormones running and I block the world out. I've just had to learn over time to respect that I need to "jump off that ride" of stress hormones so-to-speak & actively choose to disengage or even force myself to relax.
    Dude same here... this is likely also a big reason folks with ED's tend to be of higher intelligence and also somewhat obsessive/compulsive in different aspects of their lives... I know that's true for me.

Dude same here... this is likely also a big reason folks with ED's tend to be of higher intelligence and also somewhat obsessive/compulsive in different aspects of their lives... I know that's true for me.
    Yup. It takes a lot of work for people like us not to get complete tunnel vision in pursuit of things. This isn’t all bad, though, because many if not most people tend more towards losing sight of their goals because they’re unable to tune everything out & focus on what they want.

Yup. It takes a lot of work for people like us not to get complete tunnel vision in pursuit of things. This isn’t all bad, though, because many if not most people tend more towards losing sight of their goals because they’re unable to tune everything out & focus on what they want.
    Totally. You see similar traits in people who develop other mental disorders as well... we tend to live in extremes within certain aspects of our lives, vs others who have a very easy-going or fluid approach to life and their ambitions. I'm a perfectionist, a clean-freak, a worrier, and have had both generalized anxiety and panic disorders... if the problematic aspects of our brains can be managed, we can do some pretty awesome stuff.

Hit 205x5 on squats today for my last 2 working sets. Felt LIGHT!