Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PTzFree has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Army moving from APFT to ACFT by 2020 (new Fitness Test)

The previous 3-event Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) scored you based on age and gender:
    -Pushup
    -Situp
    -2 mile run

The new 6-event Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) is gender and age neutral:
    -Deadlift: 3-rep max
    -Standing power throw: 10lb medicine ball backward for distance
    -Hand-raised pushups: chest to ground, hands off the ground
    -250-meter sprint, drag, carry: sprint 25m out and back, drag 90lb sled 25m out and back, carry two 40lb kettle bells out and back
    -Leg tuck: hang from pullup bar, back to the support post, raise knees to elbows
    -2 mile run: self-explanatory, but without age/gender differentiation

I hope I don't end up eating my words, but...

Practically:
    It weeds out those that were able to meet the standards of their age/gender but couldn't carry their own gear into combat - don't laugh, I've actually seen 90lb females who could max the APFT, but couldn't carry their own duffle bag or rack a 240B.

It also weeds out those that have been riding profiles for their entire career, eating up a rank and unable to deploy.

Politically:
    This preemptively solves any issues caused by any future social experiments Congress or future POTUS could pull in regards to transgenders or females in combat roles.

The only issue I have is they released this info without some of the finer details of how the events are graded, ie - what does 3-rep max deadlift mean? Three continuous reps at one weight? Three attempts? What happens if you go big and only get two reps versus someone who sand-bagged it, went light, and got all three?

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ness-test.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...test-2020.html
    “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful.”
    ― Eric Thomas, The Secret to Success

hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I actually like it. I'd love to have done this when I was in.
    Romans 3:23
    Romans 6:23
    Romans 10:13

TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrickHenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if i was to make the tests it would be something like this.

Core circuit
    200m sprint, 5 shots at target x 10.
    Weighted March
    Sandbag drag trough terrain

but honestly the tests doesn't matter, just have a continuous standard of fitness and health and don't be afraid to lay people off for not living up to the expectations of being a soldier. (i.e. don't want any of these fat bums abusing the system).

not american though but i bet it's likely the same.
    I laugh I rep crew
    always picks 5 crew
    LTC and proud.
    No teddies, small ass and wide shoulders.

Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Beararms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cot damnit why wasnt this implemented when I was in. Jealous of people who get to take this. srs.

They are def going to have to train soldiers for about a year before they jump into something like that. It def looks like a fitness test but a lot of people are going to bomb it big time.

I never understood why the army stayed with the apft for so long. Anyone with any type of fitness background new the test was stupid and didnt really do anything except show you can be a pretty good runner. Pushups really have no real world use unless you're a linebacker and sit ups are chit for core strength and will tear your back, and hips up more than anything.

stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000) stevebec is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll believe it when I see it. Too many females will be WAY below standards and they'll either lower the standards for everyone to the point that they'll be meaningless, or they'll fall back to separate male/female standards. Happened right before I enlisted in 1987. Too many females were failing the APFT, so they just lowered the female standards to get enough passers.
    "Bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars" - Evel Knievel

FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by stevebec View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Too many females will be WAY below standards and they'll either lower the standards for everyone to the point that they'll be meaningless, or they'll fall back to separate male/female standards. Happened right before I enlisted in 1987. Too many females were failing the APFT, so they just lowered the female standards to get enough passers.
    got friends in infantry, hes posted pics of fat ass girls in the infantry, like unfit and disgusting. **** isn't what it used to be.
    *Combat veteran crew*
    *US Army crew Abn11B*
    *Knee Draggers Unite*
    *Chocobo crew*

BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The only thing I think is dumb is hand raised push ups, simply because you know some people are gonna mess up their dainty wrists attempting that

InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PTzFree View Post
    The previous 3-event Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) scored you based on age and gender:
    -Pushup
    -Situp
    -2 mile run

The new 6-event Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) is gender and age neutral:
    -Deadlift: 3-rep max
    -Standing power throw: 10lb medicine ball backward for distance
    -Hand-raised pushups: chest to ground, hands off the ground
    -250-meter sprint, drag, carry: sprint 25m out and back, drag 90lb sled 25m out and back, carry two 40lb kettle bells out and back
    -Leg tuck: hang from pullup bar, back to the support post, raise knees to elbows
    -2 mile run: self-explanatory, but without age/gender differentiation

I hope I don't end up eating my words, but...

Practically:
    It weeds out those that were able to meet the standards of their age/gender but couldn't carry their own gear into combat - don't laugh, I've actually seen 90lb females who could max the APFT, but couldn't carry their own duffle bag or rack a 240B.

It also weeds out those that have been riding profiles for their entire career, eating up a rank and unable to deploy.

Politically:
    This preemptively solves any issues caused by any future social experiments Congress or future POTUS could pull in regards to transgenders or females in combat roles.

The only issue I have is they released this info without some of the finer details of how the events are graded, ie - what does 3-rep max deadlift mean? Three continuous reps at one weight? Three attempts? What happens if you go big and only get two reps versus someone who sand-bagged it, went light, and got all three?

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ness-test.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...test-2020.html
    If the run is now gender neutral it'll weed out about about 98% of females.
    "That boulder is too large. I could lift a smaller one."

-Hercules

Starting Weight (July 2018) - 362
    Current Weight (July 2019) - 268

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    inb4 80% of the military has hernias from **** deadlift form

ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ayyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that's actually really interesting

inb4 female/trans fail out at a higher rate therefore the military is biased towards men
    Official LTC representative

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wisdommaster1 View Post
    this lol

sounds like lifters will have a solid edge if they haven't been skimping on cardio
    Vincit Omnia Industria

Go Canucks Go!

Manlet with Credentials Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good. Equality, be careful what you wish for girls. One thing that made all of us rage was how the females had such lower standards they had to meet and yet they got to carry the title US Marines. Don't get me wrong, there are some kick ass leatherneck chicks out there that could stomp 99% of the Misc but they aren't that common.

The reason for the hard training and the standards you have to meet is because in a combat situation you will need those to survive. To give someone a pass is not doing them any favors and is actually setting them up to be killed, along with others. The pussification of the military has been going on for a long time and it's about time for that to stop.

InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    Good. Equality, be careful what you wish for girls. One thing that made all of us rage was how the females had such lower standards they had to meet and yet they got to carry the title US Marines. Don't get me wrong, there are some kick ass leatherneck chicks out there that could stomp 99% of the Misc but they aren't that common.

The reason for the hard training and the standards you have to meet is because in a combat situation you will need those to survive. To give someone a pass is not doing them any favors and is actually setting them up to be killed, along with others. The pussification of the military has been going on for a long time and it's about time for that to stop.
    I'm pretty sure the APFT standards for women in the Marines is (supposed to be) the same as the men. Other branches differ.. the Army for example has much lower standards for women.

-Hercules

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    Also curious how they are going to do the pushups. Will they just use those handles?
    dont think so, I think you just go all the way down so your chest is resting on the ground and have to pick up your hands like this

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am curious about deadlift form, what if you are better at sumo due to leg length etc?

Overall though a lot more close to what the tests we had to do in fire fighting, the whole 'CPAT' test, it was actually really legit to filter people getting in, but usually people didnt have to take it after they were already in.

The test was 75lb stairclimb for 3:30, a bunch of drags/pulls, crawls, raises etc all in 10 min. It wiped a lot of people out.

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InstantLoser View Post
    If the run is now gender neutral it'll weed out about about 98% of females.
    Or the standards will be lower to the point of being totally pointless 'cuz equality

Exotic Game Hunter NuggzTheNinja's Avatar
    NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like it but I don't think it's going to become the new standard in testing...running a company through it would take all day, and you need special equipment. The old PFT could be administered in a morning and didn't require any equipment.
    A professor of the world's second oldest profession.

Originally Posted by dcbone30 View Post
    Or the standards will be lower to the point of being totally pointless 'cuz equality
    Yeah I was assuming they'd remain roughly as they are now for males, but applied across the board. You're probably right.

-Hercules

FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FreedomPenguin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    da fuq is that? thats a push up? dont see the point either
    Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    You might be right, didn't know that was a thing, and doesn't make any sense to me as to why they would use that in the test.
    *Combat veteran crew*
    *US Army crew Abn11B*
    *Knee Draggers Unite*
    *Chocobo crew*

Snap necks, cash checks Sarevoke75's Avatar
    Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Sarevoke75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    brb time to bump up my VA disability rating
    US Navy Corpsman 09-current "Motrin, water, take a knee"

6'4" @ 231 lbs. Scandinavian super master race

IG: @classy_harvey

*Boston Crew*

Biggest loads in the NW IlChosenOne's Avatar
    IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How the fuk are you supposed to do pushups with your hands off the ground?

brb running with my feet never touching the ground
    brb doing pullups without touching the bar
    * Rawdog crew * Creampie crew * Poverty crew *

Haven't worn a condom since middle school crew

* HTC crew *

* Teacher crew *

DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoctorKazama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not sure why everyone's getting excited. If it's gender neutral, the test is going to be a fuking joke. Lmao, you ccould probably max the run with a 15 minute two mile...

mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DoctorKazama View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone's getting excited. If it's gender neutral, the test is going to be a fuking joke. Lmao, you ccould probably max the run with a 15 minute two mile...
    Nah brah. Max time is like 11 now. I don't have access to work computer right now or I'd pull up the PDF with proposed scores.
    US Army - OIF/OND/OEF/OIR

mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This. But I think in the long run this will serve to benefit overall fitness within the service versus the antiquated 3-event PFT.
    *** Extreme OCD crew *** (brb bench press not parallel to the ceiling beams)
    *** Always pick #7 crew ***
    NYG // NYR // NETS // NYY
    [ ] Bulking [x] Fap
    [x] Cutting [ ] No Fap

Originally Posted by mikebutry View Post
    Nah brah. Max time is like 11 now. I don't have access to work computer right now or I'd pull up the PDF with proposed scores.
    I think 11 was already pretty much max. When I was in (in 98-2001) the minimum was 15:54 for an 18 year old male (for 60 points). I'm "guessing" that since there will now be 6 events, that assuming they weight them evenly we'll see each event with a maximum possible score of 50 (not counting the extended scale if they're going to still do that). I know that I often finished my run around 15 minutes (I was never fast even before I injured my hip) and I'd barely pass... then 4-5 minutes later the girls would show up and magically they'd all get high scores.

-Hercules

Everydang u do is balloon 20Mavs11's Avatar
    20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So if you want to join the Army National Guard, they have you come to an armory and workout for the weekend. If you're waiting to go to MEPs and chit you get paid.

one of these events they test you on before you leave for basic is a trap bar deadlift.

HORY CHIT! I've never seen so much lack of mobility and uncoordinated individuals in my life. I'm talking about full Halloween cat raised back while lifting 115lbs. One dude even deadlifted on the side of his shoes, because he couldn't maintain the weight with flat feet. A lot of dudes on their tippy toes deadlifting. It was a **** show.

I am all for this change. It will weed out like 60% of the current enlisted and then they will revert back to the old test, because they need numbers.
    [Dallas Cowboys][Dallas Mavericks][Texas Rangers][TCU*NCAA][DFW Crew]
    [Law of Attraction Crew]

Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kev1972 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I really think they should split the army into 2 groups. Combat arms and non-combat support.

They waste a lot of money on combat readiness for a bunch of pogs.

Let in a bunch of fat ass couch potatoes and make a bunch of jobs non-deployable civilian type jobs. No basic. No field training. No deployments. I'm sure they could save a ton of money and get the troops who need it more training and better pay.

Why does an office clerk or mess hall cook need a slot for airborne school? Or need to pass a fitness test?
    Motorcycle crew
    Army veteran crew
    One Meal a day crew

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No need to do this for every career field, just the ones that deploy in combat roles. USAF looking at doin the same for cops and spec ops. It’s good but I would be worried about massive paperwork from ppl that can’t pass and now you have an even worse manning problem. Do it for the people that need to get dirty, not the ones riding desks.
    USAF
    LEO

Operation Inherent Resolve ~ 2019

Everydang u do is balloon 20Mavs11's Avatar
    20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 20Mavs11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kev1972 View Post
    I really think they should split the army into 2 groups. Combat arms and non-combat support.

They waste a lot of money on combat readiness for a bunch of pogs.

Let in a bunch of fat ass couch potatoes and make a bunch of jobs non-deployable civilian type jobs. No basic. No field training. No deployments. I'm sure they could save a ton of money and get the troops who need it more training and better pay.

Why does an office clerk or mess hall cook need a slot for airborne school? Or need to pass a fitness test?
    Cause they trick non-combat jobs into being combat. A big example of this are cooks. 92G get deployed like crazy even though they aren't even utilized to cook. They just patrol and go out with 11b and chit. But I agree 100000% with what you're saying. It's a waste of time and resources.
    [Dallas Cowboys][Dallas Mavericks][Texas Rangers][TCU*NCAA][DFW Crew]
    [Law of Attraction Crew]

Originally Posted by 20Mavs11 View Post
    Cause they trick non-combat jobs into being combat. A big example of this are cooks. 92G get deployed like crazy even though they aren't even utilized to cook. They just patrol and go out with 11b and chit. But I agree 100000% with what you're saying. It's a waste of time and resources.
    Never seen this happen. Only infantry guys went out in my unit, like one medic. there was one chic medic and when she came, she never left the vehicle and only came on mounted patrols. cooks never left the fob, no one left the fob.

I do know, infantry got thrown into every job though brb. need truck drivers, brb need supplies, brb need help cooking. hey you. go do this ****. annoying as fuk.
    *Combat veteran crew*
    *US Army crew Abn11B*
    *Knee Draggers Unite*
    *Chocobo crew*