TwinkumToes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Examples of weekly workout regiments

I have two questions:

First I was hoping some of you guys could post your day-to-day workout regiment, like what specific exercises (by name) do you do, how many sets for each, how long is your total workout, and what days do you rest. The more detailed the better, whatever I like I may try to incorporate it into my own regiment.

Second question, is how do you figure out how many sets to do with a particular exercise. For example, lets say I am starting to bench press a new amount of weight, lets say 110lb (don't know how much I do, its just an ex) and I only get to 5 lifts as the very maximum before I can't do any more, does that mean I should do like 3 sets of 5 or should it actually be less than 5 lifts? The reason I ask is because by the second time I'd try to lift I may actually be too tired out to reach 5 not to mention by the 3rd lift. So how do ppl typically figure out how many to do?

ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatOneStudent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    From what I can gather, it seems like you're trying to create your own workout regiment. If this is the case, I would advise reading the stickies under Workout Programs and following a program there that is set up for beginners.

If that's not the case and you're not a beginner, disregard this.
    Bare Bones Series Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176784551

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TwinkumToes View Post
    I have two questions:

First I was hoping some of you guys could post your day-to-day workout regiment, like what specific exercises (by name) do you do, how many sets for each, how long is your total workout, and what days do you rest. The more detailed the better, whatever I like I may try to incorporate it into my own regiment.

Second question, is how do you figure out how many sets to do with a particular exercise. For example, lets say I am starting to bench press a new amount of weight, lets say 110lb (don't know how much I do, its just an ex) and I only get to 5 lifts as the very maximum before I can't do any more, does that mean I should do like 3 sets of 5 or should it actually be less than 5 lifts? The reason I ask is because by the second time I'd try to lift I may actually be too tired out to reach 5 not to mention by the 3rd lift. So how do ppl typically figure out how many to do?
    Since you are obviously new to lifting - follow ThatOneStudent's advice and go over the top of the Workouts forum. Fierce 5 Novice Routine is a great option. It tells you what to lift, when to lift, and how to add weight as you go along.