healthx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I too fat to bulk?

Here's a very condensed version of journey:

I started lifting a few years ago. I was around 145 pounds and got to around 175 pounds. I tore my pec bench pressing about two years ago (at my peak of around 175). I had surgery, lost quite a bit of weight, and started rebuilding to my current weight of 162 pounds. I believe I have more fat now at 162 than I did when I was 175 (not a lot more just a little). I've always been thin but I've never been very lean. The size of my gut is my main concern as it's where I tend to hold the majority of my fat. It's more prominent in my side profile.

Am I lean enough to continue trying to add muscle? I definitely need more muscle but I'm not sure if my body fat is too high to continue.

All pictures are relaxed.
    Last edited by healthx; 07-10-2018 at 04:39 PM.

tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tommydamic68 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are not fat, lift some weights and get your protein in as well as good fats.
    "Once you see results, it becomes an addiction."

Defcicer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Look, man, maybe im not super buffed but ive been lifting for quite a while now, and it all depends on what you want, if you want to go bear mode(have a lot of mass) youre fine with bulking i mean afterall what you want is to be bigger, if you want to be toned though and have a sixpack and etc etc then you need to lose pretty much all you fat and then start a "small" bulk of about 5-6 months i mean, it really is about what you want for your body m8

Again, I am NOT DJ Khaled RetroVirus's Avatar
    RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RetroVirus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It seems to be more of a posture problem than actual fat tbh
    There are two types of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and those that have been on the moon