Thread: Accountability

ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ambercox821 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Accountability

Anyone have any suggestions for keeping yourself accountable? I am so bad to talk myself out of going to the gym. I feel like if I had someone to keep me accountable I would do so much better.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ambercox821 View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for keeping yourself accountable? I am so bad to talk myself out of going to the gym. I feel like if I had someone to keep me accountable I would do so much better.
    The only kind of 'motivation' that sticks is that which comes from within. External means of staying with your program (relying on someone else, or trying to 'get in shape' for someone else) are short-lived. About the best I can offer is that those few people who are truly driven to achieve a goal always find a way to do so. Everybody else, not so much.

You have to decide which camp you're in, and then abide by your own decision.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Registered User NoGainNoPainBro's Avatar
    NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Set yourself clear goals and work towards them. In the short term that usually works better for strength numbers than for aesthetics. If you have a clear program and know when and what your next PR will be, you will be motivated to work towards that.

For me also having a daily routine helps a lot. During the week it's not problem to go, it's already in my head that I go before work. I don't put gym days on the weekend because I know that I would be much more likely to skip those days.