Transf0rmMe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My Weight Loss and Transformation Journey - Please join me!

Hi All,

I am new to the board and I am just embarking on my transformation journey. I plan to record and update progress both here and on a new Youtube channel I have created, updates will be a couple of times per week. I am hoping that a number of you may be interested in following along either to offer support, which would be amazing, or, because you are on similar journeys yourselves and we can keep each-other motivated and held to account.

A bit about me:
    I am a 40 year old Dad, married with two kids
    Stressful full time job, so limited 'free' time
    I enjoy beers and junk food. As a result of not managing this very well recently I have gained a lot of weight.
    Due to a busy life I will not become a 'gym fanatic' or suddenly complete hours of cardio... but I will improve both and get the sensible weight loss results over the coming months
    This is not my first time at this, so I know I will be successful

The journey has only just started for me this time around and I have recorded a couple of videos to introduce myself, what I will be doing, and my first weigh in. Please check them out and follow along both on Youtube and here.

I really hope you will join me!

Cheers

Neil

GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GeofGolden has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Goodluck on your journey bro

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    We see this constantly hence why you're getting an offensive welcoming. Youtube spam is bannable because it provides nothing of value here. I'm not going to ban you for what I've read as it seems there is a chance your posts are genuine and simply have a desire to improve yourself. I just wanted to post to welcome you to the forum and briefly explain why you're receiving criticism.
    Experience, not just theory

BreezyJHeezy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck man, will be following along.

Week 1 Update!

After starting to workout and control diet again on the 6th August, I feel I have had a good first week. Tough to get back into training weights again after a long lay off and I can clearly feel a big reduction in what weights I am capable of doing on each exercise vs previous, but hopefully muscle memory will kick in and I will close the gaps over the coming weeks.

I have been using a new gym set up for the first time this week, a home gym! I have always gone to a local gym in the past but decided to kit out our ex dining room with gear to help me along. This includes free weights, a functional trainer/cable machine and a elliptical trainer (more for the wife!).

I have trained 5 days this week and kept good control of my food logs. Recording in MyfitnessPal I look to be well well under my calorie goal of 1800 but I have always felt that, either through me missing or underestimating food, it's always best to add on c20% to the levels reported. I still think I need to increase my intake though... views?

From now I must start taking my protein shakes daily, I haven't done this so far so my macros could have been a bit better across the week.

Please see attached sheet I created in the attached image. I will do one of these each week to track exercise and food. Would be good to get your feedback and suggestions... I may get bored of sweet potatoes and brocolli!

Next update will be the weigh in, which will be at the weekend. Time to smash week 2!

For those interested:

Cheers

Neil
    Attached Images

Just realised picture was crap... too small.. better to do as excel attachment
    Attached Files

Week 2 - Weigh In and Progress Update

Hi all, having reached the end of week 2, it's time for a weigh in and update as to how things are going. The good news is that progress has been good so far. After 2 weeks I have lost almost 5lbs, which is faster than my expected loss. I put this down in the main to the 'beginning of journey' losses. I expect this to slow to around 1lb to 1.5lb per week.

In terms of food and exercise, things have gone generally well. I think I need to work on my variety of foods so that I do not get bored. So would appreciate any tips for substitutions to the meals I posted in the excel in last update. Exercise consisted of 5 days resistance training but still easing my way back into it. Muscles are aching the following day, so clearly feeling the workout, but I am not pushing too hard given I am just back into it.

For those interested in the video weigh in update:

Week 3 Progress Update

Start: 181.1lbs
    Week 3: 173.6lbs - 7.5lbs loss
    Progress in Week: 2.6lbs loss

Hi All

I can hardly beleive it but that's 3 weeks under my belt already and I am even more determined now that at the start. Progress has been good and steady. While I am eating less than I had planned I feel satisfied, I do not feel it is compromising my training yet and clearly the weight loss is good! I am going to keep going like this but start to increase training intensity and also I must get better at the supplementation. I have taken protein shakes but not regularly enough, same with multivitamins etc. I will fix that for week 4.

For those interested in the video weigh in it's below. I don't think I can see much difference visually yet but I am starting to feel it!

Thanks for looking in:

Last edited by Transf0rmMe; 08-27-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Week 4: 173.2 lbs - 7.9 lbs loss
    Progress in Week: 0.4lbs loss

Hi All

Week 4 done. I feel the weight dip on the scale hide the progress made this week. I have pushed it harder in the gym, ate well and achieved better than my target calories and achieved my macros. I have also been better at taking my supplements in terms of fish oil, vitamins etc. I really feel like my body is changing even if the scale doesn't show too much change. Maybe there is a bit of recomping going on?

Regardless I know I am doing the right thing and I just need to stay consistent. I am coming for ya week 5!

For those interested in the video weigh in it's below.

Thanks for looking in:

Week 6 Weigh In

Week 6: 168.0 lbs - 13.1 lbs loss
    Progress in last 2 weeks Week: 5.2lbs loss

Hi All

Good progress on the scale these past couple of weeks with a further 5.2lbs lost. I need to step up my gym workouts which have been lacking over the last couple of weeks. Diet and other cardio, mainly walking, have been good. I know this is working and the weight is coming off at a decent pace. I think I will reach a decent weight and body fat percentage in the next couple of months to then start to think about pushing for bulking.... but one step at a time..

I rekon I am approximately half way through the fat loss process. Happy to have achieved that in just six weeks.

For those interested here is my video update: