Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AwakeDreaming has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 33

After exercing for 4 days straight, I decided to take a rest day since I felt a bit tired today. Just went for a long walk. Will go to the gym tomorrow though. Food-wise, I had 1421 kcal, which is fine.

Day 34

Back into the gym today for a back & biceps workout (1h10) - it feels good to lift weights again. Food-wise, I'm not really sure since I wasn't the one cooking once again. I tried to keep moderate portions though.

Day 35

Went to the gym today as well - chest & triceps (1h10). I don't know why but my weight training sessions are getting shorter even though I'm doing the same exercises. Food-wise, I'm not sure since I wasn't the one cooking once again...I'd estimate it to be around 1500 kcal though.

Week 5 - Recap

Starting weight: 70.0 kg
    Week 1 weight: 69.1 kg (-0.9)
    Week 2 weight: 68.9 kg (-0.2)
    Week 3 weight: 69.3 kg (+0.4)
    Week 4 weight: 68.7 kg (- 0.6)
    Current weight 68.7 kg (+- 0.0)

No change on the scale this week, which is a bit depressing since I exercised 6 times (3x2-3h of tennis & 3 weight training sessions). However, to be honest, I had 3 days during which I wasn't cooking and, hence, I wasn't able to have an accurate calorie count on these days and probably ate a bit more than usual. I never binged or ate excessive portions though, so I'm still disappointed :/
    Also, I got bloated again, which is annoying. I'm still not sure what kind of food triggers that, guess I'll have to try different things to know.

On the positive side, I found an old size 2 jeans and surprisingly I was able to fit in it. It's super duper tight but at least I can wear it, which I haven't been able to do for years. Hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to fit in it comfortably.

My goals for the coming week are:
    - Eat no more than 1400 kcal a day (I need to be stricter on that!)
    - Exercise at least 4 times
    - Less snacking
    - Seeing some weight loss on the scale (ideally getting under 68.0)

Day 36

Played tennis today for 2h15 - it was a bit more intense than usual since I played with a better player, lots of running. I also went for a long "shopping walk" in the afternoon so it was quite an active day. Food-wise, I ate 1344 kcal, which is good. I could've eaten more proteins though.

I feel a bit tired after the two weight training sessions + tennis so I'll see whether I'm doing a rest day tomorrow or hitting the gym.

Day 37

Went to the gym with a friend today - we did chest & triceps (I already did that a couple days ago but I wanted to train with him). It was a good session but quite tiring. Food-àwise, I ate 1411, which is slightly above my goal (1400) but still fine.

Day 38

Had a bad day because of some unexpected, and I ate too much because of that. Also had to cut short the outside cardio session because of the rain. So yeah, just a s**** day both sports- and calorie-wise. Anyway, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Day 39

Played tennis for 3 hours (1 hour of exchanges and 2 hours of playing points). It was pretty fun but I was quite tired afterwards, especially the legs and lower back. Food-wise, I had 1397 kcal, which is on target. Tomorrow is gonna be a day out with friends so it's gonna be difficult food-wise :/

Day 40

Day out with friends. It was pretty active since we walked a lot, so not too bad even for a rest day. No precise calorie-count since we ate out but I think I ate reasonable amounts so it should be no more than 1400-1500.

Not a really good day emotionally. I feel really fat and am tempted to go back to eating 600-800 kcal a day to lose weight quickly, but I know that it wasn't a good period of my life when I was like that so I won't go back. Still, it's hard some days, especially since my weight hasn't gone down for the past few weeks ><

Day 41

Back in the gym today for a shoulders & abs session (1h15). Food-wise it was a good day - I ate about 1277 kcal, which is on point. Had too much carbs and too little proteins though.

Day 42

Rest day purely due to laziness (still exercised 5 times this week so it's not that bad). I spent the afternoon with a few friends so at least we walked around a bit. The food was on point though (at least if the restaurant's calories indications were correct), I had around 1377 kcal, which is fine. Weekly weight-in tomorrow morning, I'm hoping for some progress *fingerscrossed*.

Transf0rmMe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi just been reading your posts. Looks like you are doing well. Good look on your weigh in tomorrow. I wouldn't give in to the tempation to cut down too much on the calorie intake to try and speed up the loss. As you say, you will be less happy, have less energy to work out and be more likely to lapse/cheat as your body will crave more. Keep doing what you are doing... it's working!

Originally Posted by Transf0rmMe View Post
    Hi just been reading your posts. Looks like you are doing well. Good look on your weigh in tomorrow. I wouldn't give in to the tempation to cut down too much on the calorie intake to try and speed up the loss. As you say, you will be less happy, have less energy to work out and be more likely to lapse/cheat as your body will crave more. Keep doing what you are doing... it's working!
    Hello! Thanks for passing by. Yeah, I'll probably just persevere as I'm doing now, getting an ED is not ideal. I've read your post as well, good luck on your journey! Will watch the videos when I got some free time

Week 6 - Recap

Week 5 weight 68.7 kg (+- 0.0)
    Current weight: 68.1 kg (-0.6)

Overall, it was a good week - I exercised 5 times (3 times 2-3h of tennis and 2 weight trainig sessions). Food-wise, it was good albeit not perfect - I still ate out a few times and had more carbs than I wished.
    I was pretty happy to see some progress on the scale! The moving weekly averages are also trending downwards so it's great. Even though my weight loss is pretty slow, I'm fine with it as baby steps are better than nothing + I fit better in my clothes and my muscles seem a bit more toned.

For next week, I am aiming to keep staying consistent with my workouts (at least 4 times per week) and try to stay within 1400 kcal a day since it seems to work for me (even though there is 1-2 days per week I might go over due to eating out). Hopefully, I'll get to 65.0 kg soon enough, it would be the first milestones.

Anyway, gotta go play tennis. Have a nice week y'all!

Day 43

Played tennis for 2h30 today at a moderate pace - it was a nice workout. Afterwards, I ate at the tennis club's restaurant with a friend so the total amount of calories for the day is uncertain but it probably is a bit higher than usual :/

Day 44

Went to the gym for a back & biceps session today - trained for about 1h20, which is good. Food-wise, I went a bit over calories at 1456. I really need to find a way to snack less but it's so hard when the whole house is full of sweets :/

Day 45

Just did one hour of pretty chill tennis today due to a lack of available court. Ate a bit over 1400 kcal.

Day 46

Rest day - I stayed pretty inactive the whole day. Ate 1386 kcal.

Day 47

Forced rest day - I went to visit some relatives and they are not really active people so yeah. Tomorrow is probably gonna be the same since I'm spending the whole weekend there
    Food-wise, I had no choice but to eat what they cooked, but at least I had reasonable portions. Not a really good week so far but we'll see.

Day 48

Same as yesterday, I'm still at my relatives' place so pretty inactive (due to their lifestyle) & no control over food. Going back home and to the gym tomorrow if everything goes as planned.

Day 49

Back home finally so back to the diet/sports lifestyle. Ended up going hiking with a friend instead of going to the gym, which is still fine. Food-wise, I had below 1400 kcal, which is good. I hope tomorrow's weight-in won't be too bad despite this week being pretty overcalories + not too active.

JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100) JinxViper is not very well liked. (-100)
    Best of luck on your journey! I had an eating disorder history as well although it was more complicated than that it seems. I find that a lot of people who go through recovery end up with a healthier mentality than with they began though - moderation is key.

Originally Posted by JinxViper View Post
    Best of luck on your journey! I had an eating disorder history as well although it was more complicated than that it seems. I find that a lot of people who go through recovery end up with a healthier mentality than with they began though - moderation is key.
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    Yes I’m being much more reasonable now even if the weight loss is slower. It’s not worth it to ruin my health for a few kilograms.
    I’m glad you won against your ED! All the best for what’s to come

Week 7 - Recap

Week 5 weight 68.7 kg (+- 0.0)
    Week 6 weight: 68.1 kg (-0.6)
    Current weight: 67.9 kg (-0.2)

It really wasn't a good week - I only exercised 3 times (2 tennis sessions and one time weight training) and had 3 days, where I was completely sedentary. In addition, I also ate over calories a few times since I was visiting relatives and hence had no control over the day's activities & food.
    I'm pretty surprised to still see the weight go down, and even though it's only by a small amount, I'm pretty happy. I haven't been below 68.0 kg for a few years now so it's a small victory . Hopefully the week to come will be back to normal diet and exercise-wise. Still a long way to go!

Day 50

Played tennis for close to 3 hours - it was a lot of running so quite a good workout. Pretty tiring though, especially due to the heat. Calorie-wise, I'm not sure since I wasn't the one cooking for dinner, but I believe I had a reasonable amount of food.

Day 51

I was feeling pretty tired today but still went to the gym for a short 1 hour session. Food-wise, it's the same as yesterday - no exact calorie count since I wasn't the one cooking for dinner.

Day 52

Rest day today, just went shopping with a friend. Food-wise, I'm not sure since I had lunch outside. I tried to choose a healthy option though.

Day 53

Today, I played tennis for 2 hours - the first one was at a moderate pace and the second one was pretty intense (playing sets at a good level). Food-wise, once again no precise calorie count since I ate out with friends for dinner...

This week is really not the best food-wise because I'm meeting a lot of friends for lunch/dinner and it's hard to keep track of calories/eating low calories :/

Day 54

Day out with friends once again - no sports but quite a lot of walking. Food-wise, I don't have a precise calorie count but I'm probably a bit over calories.

Day 55

Played tennis for close to 2h30 today at a fairly good pace - it was a nice workout. Food-wise, it's the same as the past few days - I ate out with friends so no precise calorie-count.