Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 44 plan.

pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50)

44 plan.

Hello.

So I’m not in horrible shape. Back isn’t the best. 5’10”, 180 lbs, dad bod. I eat healthy. Married, two little boys. But I do have space for a gym and some time! I have used gyms in the past so I know somethings I like but I feel that having equipment on hand is far more accessible given everything I’m juggling.

I’m basically looking for two things to become more clear so I’ll describe what I’m thinking and basically would appreciate your feedback! Nutrition and equipment/exercises.

Nutrition.

I don’t have time to eat ****loads of food but I do eat well. I eat lots of meat and vegetables. I will be training in the evenings so again I don’t want to be eating huge meals right before bed. I was thinking maybe supplements could help out in this respect? I can up my food intake somewhat. I want results but I am 44 so i want an appropriate but somewhat aggressive strategy. I would seriously consider supplements for post and pre workout.

Equipment and exercises.

In terms of equipment I would love to be able to buy exactly what I wanted but I’ve tried to be realistic. I want full body workout with maybe slight preference for upper body and core. I’m not looking to be Arnold. But I do want to bulk up some. I do want to protect my back. And I do want to look better too. There’s always a little vanity isn’t there?

From previous gym experience I have to say I really liked free weights and benches and cable machines, floor work and power tower. There are so many machines but I just kind of felt they isolate too much.

So current plan was to buy a good bench and rack so I can press and do flys, decline pullovers, single arm rows and squats with the tower. I’d also like a power tower for dips and knee ups. I’d also install a bar for chin ups and pull ups. I’d get a mat and a ball for core stuff like planking, curls, push ups. I’d love a cable machine but don’t think it’s affordable. I already have most weights and barbells and dumbbells so in a nut shell I’d like to buy a bench, rack and power tower.

Another way to look at it is by muscle group.

Back and core.
    Plank, curls, single arm rows, wide grip pull ups and decline bench barbell pullovers. Dead lifts I would approach carefully.

Arms.
    Barbell and dumbbell curls for biceps. Palm up and down barbell wrist curls. Lying tricep press and close grip barbell presses.

Shoulders.
    Military press standing, dumbbell overhead presses, lateral raises, shoulder pull ups.

Chest.
    Bench presses flat, incline, decline with both dumbbells and barbells. Dips and incline dumbbell pullovers.

Legs.
    There are so many. Please recommend. I don’t want chicken legs!

Cardio.
    I walk my dog and bike so I think cardio is ok.

These are the exercises I tried and liked while at the gym. But I’m open to suggestions. I want focus, to not waste time.

1. Can I get away with this just buying a power tower, multi position bench and rack to go with the weights I already have?

2. What kind of weight ranges and reps?

3. Nutrition and supplements?

I know there are a million plans out there and I’ve looked at a lot of them. I’m hoping that with this personal detail you can help me focus in on something so I can decide with certainty. Excited to start this new chapter!

Thank you!

Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take a look at the workout programs forum. There are stickies with great novice programs. Vikings Bare Bones, AllPro and Fierce 5 for example all offer the full body routine you are looking for. The sets and reps are all clearly written out. They all contain exercises you wrote down in your list and are tested by a lot of people on here.

If you want to bulk up you need to be in a caloric surplus. Take a look at the nutrition forum and the stickies. There is a lot of information out there about calculating your calories and macro's.
    Nutrition is the most important part. Supplement are extra's. You don't really need fancy pre- or post workout things.

pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50) pz2z will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Celf View Post
    Take a look at the workout programs forum. There are stickies with great novice programs. Vikings Bare Bones, AllPro and Fierce 5 for example all offer the full body routine you are looking for. The sets and reps are all clearly written out. They all contain exercises you wrote down in your list and are tested by a lot of people on here.

If you want to bulk up you need to be in a caloric surplus. Take a look at the nutrition forum and the stickies. There is a lot of information out there about calculating your calories and macro's.
    Nutrition is the most important part. Supplement are extra's. You don't really need fancy pre- or post workout things.
    Thanks Celf. I am parousing here. So much to sift through. I did look at those workout prg’s though. I the three day routine with weekends off. So many different approaches to reps and weights though.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Celf View Post

^^^^ 100% this. Keep it simple. You don't need a huge amount of equipment, and you don't need fancy supplements. Everybody takes something, but you really don't need much more than a multivitamin if your diet is balanced and nutritious, which it should be.

I do recommend CoQ10 supplements for older people, since the body mostly makes its own, but that ability declines as we age. I don't know what "older" really means here, but mid forties might be a good time to start. If you need more protein, a basic whey supplement can help. It doesn't have to be expensive. I've tried several, and I like the cheap Kroger brand the best. The others are just marketing scams.

Other than that, a bench and rack with safety bars are important, a barbell with enough plates for what you expect to be capable of in the near term, the pullup bar you mentioned is good, and a selection of not-too-heavy dumbells for accessory lifts.

And maybe a good music collection...
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

So I’m getting a little lost with the hoarders of info here.

I’ve figured out my tdee is 2400 calories. If I’m working out and want to add muscle mass I should up that. Like maybe 300-500. And then see how it translates on the scale and in the mirror. Losing weight you would take less than tdee calories I think?

So I’m a bit flabby. Should I cut the fat first then build? Or will building reduce the fat? I’m only like maybe ten-fifteen pounds fat?

Looks likes you guys eat many meals a day. Easier for the body to get the energy on hand I guess. Lots of protein. There are ratios of protein/carbs/fat. I have to figure that out. Some help here. Like what’s a good ratio to try to start with? Also, what do the meals look like? I’m looking everywhere on here. I just want to see 44 year old muscle building diet broken down into possible meals lol! I see lots of protein shakes, chicken, brown rice, oatmeal, chicken, turkey.....and how long to wait after a meal before working out in the evening?

I know this stuff is here so where but my heads swimming.

Thanks

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    All of your questions are answered in the posts you'll find in the links provided in this thread, which should be the first stop for every beginner/forum noob:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168581133
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cutting first or bulking first... Everybody will probably give you a different answer.
    I'm no pro. I suggest listening to other people for this

You don't have to look at ratios for your macros. 'Calculating Calories and Macros - How To' in the nutrition forum explains it really well:
    Macronutrient Intake

Make sure that your diet meets the minimum protein and fat intake.

Protein minimum: 0.7 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).
    (for optimal body building purposes and during energy deficit higher intakes may provide additional benefits.)

Fat minimum: 0.4 gram per pound of bodyweight (or target/ideal weight in the obese).

Remaining caloric budget: whatever mix of macronutrients you prefer and/or allows you to perform and feel well. Some people do better on a higher carb intakes while other people do better on moderate or lower carb intakes. It is not necessary to set a specific numbers for each macro, what matters is that the total calories, minimum fat and protein are achieved.
    I suggest you track you macro's for what you are eating right know (MyFitnessPal is an amazing app for that). You will then learn what macro's your food contains and what you need to change in order to reach your goals. It is really something you figure out while doing it.
    You can eat anything you want, as long as you are within your goal. No need to only eat chicken and broc**** with rice, but it's just a meal with great macro's. Just try different things out and try to eat decent foods (not only junk food).

How long you have to wait to work out after a meal depends on the individual. I really need more then an hour, but I know someone who can work out immediately without any problems.

You say like you feel your head is swimming. Be careful not to get lost in the details like post-work out meals etc. Like ElrondHubbard said: keep it simple. Good program, good rest and good nutrition in general. I find the details for the pro's with lots of experience.

So I’m just mulling things over but before I spend I have a dilimna. While I trust the programs recommended are bulletproof it looks like I can’t do them all with weights, bench, rack and power tower. Are there ways I can tweak the program with alternatives without losing out?

Alternatively I was looking at the exercises I used to do that I put in the beginning of the thread and was wondering if it’s possible to build from that? This is probably more work.

What I’m really looking for is a full body workout without the full gym. I liked the Viking bare bones program but I’d need some alternatives.

For example. How do I do seated leg curls, wide grip pull downs, leg presses, ab/calve supersets, face pulls and close grip pull downs with just the equipment I want to buy?

If there are good alternatives I’d like to know but if it’s too much of a compromise I guess I could buy a cable machine....

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some programs assume you are using a commercial gym, but as long as you have

* Flat bench
    * Power cage with adjustable pins and J hangers
    * Barbell, standard olympic bar
    * Some weight Plates
    * Pull up bar (or suitable doorframe etc, maybe the cage does this too?)

Optional... Some rubber mat/sheet for floor, maybe the stuff for horses/stables is both cheapest and best
    Optional... theme music from the Rocky films, played loud on continuous repeat

Then you can do many truly great programs with nothing more than the above
    Enjoy...

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by pz2z View Post
    For example. How do I do seated leg curls, wide grip pull downs, leg presses, ab/calve supersets, face pulls and close grip pull downs
    Nordic Ham Curls, wide-grip pull-ups, squats, single leg dumbell calf raise or calf raise on block with squat bar, rear lateral raises, chin-ups.

Most machine excercises are just variations of good-ol free weight excercises. Some are a little easier, some are a little better, some aren't worth much at all.
    Last edited by grubman; 07-03-2018 at 09:51 AM.

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like you are overthinking things a little to me. Just make sure you're getting enough protein as mentioned already and if you are only 10 or 15 lb flabby then eat near maintenance calories. Find a routine or create your own that focuses on the core compound lifts. That's all you really need to get started and then you can research and make tweaks as you go. But the important thing is getting started and sticking with it and that's bigger than all of the little details.

You mentioned an emphasis on core and upper-body but your back will start to feel better if you do the core lower body exercises like deadlifts and squats. At least it did for me.

d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So I’m just mulling things over but before I spend I have a dilimna. While I trust the programs recommended are bulletproof it looks like I can’t do them all with weights, bench, rack and power tower. Are there ways I can tweak the program with alternatives without losing out?

Alternatively I was looking at the exercises I used to do that I put in the beginning of the thread and was wondering if it’s possible to build from that? This is probably more work.

What I’m really looking for is a full body workout without the full gym. I liked the Viking bare bones program but I’d need some alternatives.

For example. How do I do seated leg curls, wide grip pull downs, leg presses, ab/calve supersets, face pulls and close grip pull downs with just the equipment I want to buy?

If there are good alternatives I’d like to know but if it’s too much of a compromise I guess I could buy a cable machine....
    As long as you can do squats, overhead press, bench press and deadlifts you are good.
    All the "accessory" moves can be changed up/swapped out to work with the equipment you have. Lots of little hacks out there too.

Leg presses can be done by shoving a barbell into a towel in the corner of a wall/floor, holding the other end loaded with plates and squatting up and down.
    Instead of wide pull downs, do wide pull-UPS. Get a weight belt so you can add plates as you progress.
    Calf raises can also be done in a rack with the bar on your shoulders and standing on a raised platform.
    Face pulls... get the cable pulley system from GetRXD and hang it from the pull up bar on your rack.
    -dennis
    my "GYM IN A SHED" build thread
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175140521

Thanks guys.

Appreciate all the feedback.

Ok just tried to post some links of items i was checking out but only have five posts....need fifty to post links.

Was looking at northern lights equipment on fitness depot.

bench 200
    power rack 200
    dip/knee up station 300

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok just tried to post some links of items i was checking out but only have five posts....need fifty to post links.

Was looking at northern lights equipment on fitness depot.

bench 200
    power rack 200
    dip/knee up station 300
    Just replying because I find myself in your position at times (a bit confused). Listen to others who've said don't overthink it, and don't worry about 10 exercises per muscle group. Stick with the basic stuff (again, as mentioned).

I just bought a cheap rack/bench from SprawlMart.

Fuel Pureformance Power Cage with FID Bench
    $189.99

It's not Tier 1 equipment by any means, but it'll do what I need it to do, for the weight to do it, and it didn't break the bank.

I’m going to get some gear this morning!

Was curious if you guys have preferred apps for calorie and food intake? I tried my fitness pal but not sure I want to share all that info with them as they just had a big hack. Maybe I’m over reacting...

Just want a tool to simply monitor the gas in my tank.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I’m going to get some gear this morning!
    Ha ha, you should probably know...”gear” is often used as slang for steroids.

OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    All of your questions are answered in the posts you'll find in the links provided in this thread, which should be the first stop for every beginner/forum noob:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168581133
    Don't neglect the obvious.. IronWill sticky is good.

You can lose fat and build muscle at the same time.. but only at first.. so make the most of this situation as it won't last concentrate on a good quality diet, you know fresh vegetables, eggs, fish etc (not scoops of powder from big tubs), and work your azz off following a good program. It doesn't need to be complicated, or should I say.. it's not complicated.

Be careful you'll get this thread shut down, when Elrond said "everyone's on something" I *think* he meant COQ10, fish oil, etc (Do we need to send the juice police round to his house? Those cannonball delts and wild rages, you're busted!). Then you said you were out to "get gear"?? Change the subject quick

TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000) TonyM78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    These guys pretty much covered everything, I think. From your posts it really does seem like you're putting a lot of thought into it, and that's cool at some point and does have its uses, but in the beginning, less is more. As was said, the important thing is getting started.

If time is a concern at all, I will tell you that this stuff can get ridiculously meticulous. I think the best approach is to start with the very basics, and just build from there.

You don't know whether to cut fat or to bulk? Don't make any changes to your diet and just start a good, basic beginner program. Just pay attention to what you are eating and try to get a basic idea of how much protein you think you're eating on a daily basis. If it isn't enough to meet your requirements, just supplement with a couple servings of protein powder.

Also don't worry about doing a ton of different exercises right away. It's better to build a foundation with the core compound lifts (Bench, Squat, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Bent Rows). Just get a power cage and some weights and focus on increasing your strength in a reasonable progression with a well laid-out program.

If you're working out in the evening, do it an hour or two after dinner and have a protein shake before bed. Then eat a good breakfast. Nutrient timing is important, but not as important as the actual amounts you take in. If you eat like a normal person (i.e. 3 reasonably-sized meals per day), then I think the most logical thing would be just to add a couple protein shakes in between those throughout the day, unless you want to take the time to prep all your meals ahead of time and all that.

Anyway this is kind of my minimalist take on it, and some might call it a little lax, but tweaks can always be made later on when you find out where you might be lacking. I work 60+ hours a week, go to school and do some home-based business stuff on the side, so I go for the biggest bang for the buck.

I think this helps a lot with adherence, too, as when you find that even after you leave the gym, it ends up taking all of your time, it almost seems like too big of an investment for what you're getting out of it. Don't get me wrong, because you can get so many benefits from it, both seen and unseen. But you sound like someone who is excited to give it a go but also has a normal busy life like most of us.

Anyway I'm getting a little long-winded here, just got off a 12-hr shift and it's past my bedtime lol. Let me just add that if any of my friends, male or female, asked me about getting in shape, whether that be getting big, getting lean, or whatever, the first thing I would say is that if you do nothing else, just start lifting and your body will change for the better. Once you start seeing these changes, then you can worry about all the other stuff.

Good luck!

Not referring to steroids...

Picked up “equipment”. 😜

Psyched!

My new quite space.
    Attached Images

My new quite space.
    Nice! Powertec? Are those dip bars on the side?

Fit505. Dip bars, yes.

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My new quite space.
    Nice rack! That's a great start.

Great rack. You are a lucky man.
    From the pic, all you need now are some sheets of plaster board, joint tape, and get skimming some multifinish plaster. That'll work your right shoulder

reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) reignman76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I second what d2mini said. As long as you do your big 4 Sprinkle in some accessory exercises. You’ll be good.

What’s the latest before sleeping you guys allow a work out?

d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats on the rack! Very nice.

As for your sleep question, I get up at 5am and I'm in the gym by 5:15. I like to get it out of the way first thing and I know nothing later in the day will interfere.
    Haven't missed a single day since I started in January.

If it was the evening, I don't think I'd go later than a couple hours before bedtime.
    -dennis
    my "GYM IN A SHED" build thread
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175140521

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd just think about what exercise are 100% necessary and the optional ones you can tailor to what equipment you have.

So long as you can do
    -Squats
    -Deadlifts or a variation like Romanian DL
    -Bench
    -Overhead Presses
    -Rows
    -Pullups/Chinups
    -Dips

You're pretty much set.

Originally Posted by HYMENATOR View Post
    I'd just think about what exercise are 100% necessary and the optional ones you can tailor to what equipment you have.

So long as you can do
    -Squats
    -Deadlifts or a variation like Romanian DL
    -Bench
    -Overhead Presses
    -Rows
    -Pullups/Chinups
    -Dips

You're pretty much set.

I totally get that. And d2mini said something similar earlier.

What I’m wonder is how important are the seated leg curl, lying leg curl and leg press in the Viking bare bones program if your doing everything else? Ideas on alternatives?
    I’m trying Nordic curls to replace the seated curls as I didn’t get that bench option.
    Lying curls I can do with what I have.
    Leg press alt I’m trying dumbbell squats or barbell squats.

There’s a reason the prg is popular. Maybe I should have gotten the other bench with the leg curl ext.!