Ricky613AZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help, I've fallen into a habit of mediocrity & I can't get up

For the last few years, I always considered myself a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of guy, and I was proud of it. I recently realized that I just settle for mediocrity in a lot of things. My job requires a high level of physical fitness & high cognitive capacity, but I often struggle to put myself in uncomfortable situations that benefit me. I have plenty of goals & aspirations as to what I want to make out of my job but staying motivated to work towards & eventually accomplish those goals is extremely difficult for me. If you've been in this situation & overcame it, what are some of the methods you used? What advice would you give to someone in my position?

DPCP20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thinking about being homeless because I'm doing a piss poor job at work normally gets my ass in gear. LOL...

FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000) FarisArial is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Lord have mercy on me.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ricky613AZ View Post
    What advice would you give to someone in my position?
    Pick something to work on, and do so consistently.

When it becomes a habit you miss if you stop, add another thing.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl