GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Shoulder bursitis, Can it go away?

I injured my shoulders back in January after overtraining the chest for two weeks straight.
    Bench press started to feel uncomfortable then became unbearable so I stopped.
    Did an MRI and doctor confirmed it was bursitis.
    I've tried resting (Avoiding all activities completely and staying at home) then stretching, which were enough for me to get back to my work (I work as a cashier) but the two times I felt confident about getting back to training and did full body with light weights I had severe pain that made me stop working for one month each.
    Doctors insist surgery is unnecessary and say I should continue working as arm movement as a cashier is a form of pt but they all tell me that I should forget training for now
    I'm very depressed atm and has stopped all activities and socializing outside of work because I feel like **** after losing my whole gains and having all my clothes become baggy on me.
    Has anyone got back to gym after shoulder bursitis? How long did it take? And how did you beat it?

GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlassShoulders has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you looked into any supplementation to possibly help?

I'm not gonna bore you with my story, as I have a few issues myself. What I will tell you is this... don't set around feeling sorry for yourself, because before you know it, 15 years of your life will have passed you by, and you'll never get them back.

So, in the meanwhile, why can't you work other body parts, use lighter weights, cardio, etc?

You best keep the fire lit, because no one else is going to come along and relight it for you.

Good luck!

Thx allot for the reply srs appreciate it.
    Well new update! I tried moderate stretching and the pain came back like a Faucking train. Can't even get the store at the end of the street to buy food. Surely a surgery for each shoulder is the reasonable move right now. Sure It's sucks but I'm actually glad that I did aggregate it again so I can start to actually do something about it instead of the rest/reinjury loop.
    Would love to read anyone's experience with the surgery.
    Last edited by GlassShoulders; 07-21-2018 at 03:08 AM.

Going to start cortisone treatment this week.
    13 days of constant mental breakdowns and increasing boredom has passed. To say I feel like Sh!t right now is an understatement.

Registered User NoGainNoPainBro's Avatar
    NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hang in there bro. I wish you good luck for your treatment.

Update for future shoulder bursitis/tendinitis sufferers.
    It's healed! I couldn't believe it when the doctor told me I was cleared to get back to training!
    But It's my second week now and my shoulders feel faurking great.
    No I didn't undergo any surgeries like my stupid PTs told me, no I didn't take cortisone shots. I just rested and rested.. And rested. For straight 10 weeks.
    All you gotta do is hold on through the frustration and and fight the urge to train until it's 100% healed or it never will.

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are a ton of shoulder exercises you can do to maintain healthy shoulders. My shoulders used to hurt a lot. I've had no more problems since I started doing a lot of shoulder accessory exercises. The shoulder is a complex joint. A variety of exercises helps a lot.

Face pulls are great and should be done regularly.

Then there are shoulder dislocations. I do those between warmup sets when benching.

And don't forget pull-ups.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

Registered User TroydonAnabolic's Avatar
    TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100) TroydonAnabolic is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by GlassShoulders View Post
    Update for future shoulder bursitis/tendinitis sufferers.
    It's healed! I couldn't believe it when the doctor told me I was cleared to get back to training!
    But It's my second week now and my shoulders feel faurking great.
    No I didn't undergo any surgeries like my stupid PTs told me, no I didn't take cortisone shots. I just rested and rested.. And rested. For straight 10 weeks.
    All you gotta do is hold on through the frustration and and fight the urge to train until it's 100% healed or it never will.
    SUper late bump, but was just browsing forums and this is one of the few I've seen someone say it healed, as opposed to posts of how to cure it.
    When you say you rested 10 weeks straight, did this involve minimal movement of the arm, did you use the PC, or play console games or anything while resting it. Did you use any band exercises.

I got mild bursitis.
    My physio says rest for 1 week should be enough, and if it does not cure with 2 weeks of pure rest (and not using the bands for strengthening eithr) to go with cortisone.. if you were able to do it without it, I am willing to wait until 10 weeks have passed since the initial injury, before trying to use the gym machines.
    Although, I recall in your previous posts you mentioned you took rest like a month at a time, I am wondering if there was any accumulation of healing over the 8 months from your initial post in Jan and this one in August, if it had not been for the 8 months would it have still healed in 10 weeks of rest. Before you started the 10 weeks of rest did you have less pain than what you started off with in January.