A4Destruction is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb It's time for a change [my introduction]

Hello to the bodybuilding community,

First let me introduce myself, I'm a 15 year old teen living in Kuwait and I'm currently overweight/slightly obese. I am obviously way out of shape, and the sad thing is I lost weight before already but I've managed to get fat again and add more kilos.

I'm new to lifting and trying new diets so I have a questions and I would appreciate an answer, one of them being should I lift weights during losing weight and will a diet such as a keto diet be appropriate, I've seen it work on my friends and I'm interested in trying it out.

Weight: 108kg/around 240lbs
    Height: 184cm/6'0
    BMI: 31.2

I also have a big problem with man boobs, like they are honestly huge, and I'm wondering how do I get rid of them and if I lose weight will there be extra skin? I really want to avoid this from happening.

Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by A4Destruction View Post
    Hello to the bodybuilding community,

First let me introduce myself, I'm a 15 year old teen living in Kuwait and I'm currently overweight/slightly obese. I am obviously way out of shape, and the sad thing is I lost weight before already but I've managed to get fat again and add more kilos.

I'm new to lifting and trying new diets so I have a questions and I would appreciate an answer, one of them being should I lift weights during losing weight and will a diet such as a keto diet be appropriate, I've seen it work on my friends and I'm interested in trying it out.

Weight: 108kg/around 240lbs
    Height: 184cm/6'0
    BMI: 31.2

I also have a big problem with man boobs, like they are honestly huge, and I'm wondering how do I get rid of them and if I lose weight will there be extra skin? I really want to avoid this from happening.
    First, congratulations on wanting to change yourself.

Second, the only way to get rid of "man boobs" is to lose body fat.

Building muscle while losing fat - I am convinced that its possible, many people believe its not possible and that you should lose extra fat before lifting and then start the bulk/caloric surplus.

Protein intake is crucial to not lose muscle, but you definitely won't lose muscle if you workout, some people go on a 4 week water fast and don't lose muscle.

Anyway, lifting + cutting is still better than just cutting. But don't forget about protein, also, eat high quality foods because you don't want to deplete your body of important nutrients, just eat less.

Thats pretty much it and good luck.
    1989 - 2011

waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aim for about 1 gram of protein per pound you weigh. That way, you will ensure you are getting enough protein. As far as the fat, just stick with a moderate caloric deficit and keep pushing yourself in the gym. Consistency is KEY.

francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10) francobertoli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just eat and eat, and sleep! sleeping is key

And I just went up to 114kg, fml. Is it just caloric deficit that'll do the trick or should I go extreme like cutting carbs and going keto, or maybe both?

Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100) Tholos is not very well liked. (-100)
    6kg in 8 days.......

1989 - 2011

And I just went up to 114kg, fml. Is it just caloric deficit that'll do the trick or should I go extreme like cutting carbs and going keto, or maybe both?
    But on a serious note, brah what have you been eating these last 8 days for heaven's cake.. um.. sake?

Yes, its 100% about caloric deficit.

just eat and eat, and sleep! sleeping is key
    You didn't actually listen to this advice, right?
    1989 - 2011

Well I'm not gonna bull**** myself, my eating habits are god damn terrible. After reading the replies and advice in this post I thought to myself oh **** it i'm only 108 it won't go up. I was wrong, and until I weighed myself today I went back and posted the update reply.

I can't turn 16 and still be in this state.

I really appreciate the reply, tholos.

Well I'm not gonna bull**** myself, my eating habits are god damn terrible. After reading the replies and advice in this post I thought to myself oh **** it i'm only 108 it won't go up. I was wrong, and until I weighed myself today I went back and posted the update reply.

I can't turn 16 and still be in this state.

I really appreciate the reply, tholos.
    You need to develop discipline before its too late. At least to some degree.

If you cut out all the tasty junk foods you will eventually relapse and binge eat for days/weeks. So take it slowly, first reduce the amount of food you are eating, if you used to eat 5 cookies, eat 3 instead, if you used to drink 1 liter of cola, drink 0.5 instead... (I'm just giving an example)

Your main goal should be to get into exercising, watch motivational transformation vids on YouTube.
    1989 - 2011

waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tracking calories really isn't that hard. Just keep at it, and it will become second nature to you. As others have said, ease into it and go from there. Processed junk foods often contain ridiculous amounts of calories - I would start cutting the majority of those out of your diet slowly.