Thread: Research?

svca7491 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Research?

Hi Mods,

I am conducting a research project this year at Victoria University, which is investigating the relationships between motivations to use social media and body dissatisfaction and disordered eating (slimness or muscularity). I have received Human Research Ethics Approval from the university ethics committee.

I am just wondering whether it would be appropriate for me to post a thread on the forum asking for participants? I feel as though I would get a range of balanced opinions on this forum, so it would be fantastic if it were appropriate.

I couldn't see anything in the forum rules specifically about whether this would be allowed or not, so I thought I would check with the moderators first before posting.

Many thanks in advance

Sophie

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by svca7491 View Post
    Hi Mods,

I am conducting a research project this year at Victoria University, which is investigating the relationships between motivations to use social media and body dissatisfaction and disordered eating (slimness or muscularity). I have received Human Research Ethics Approval from the university ethics committee.

I am just wondering whether it would be appropriate for me to post a thread on the forum asking for participants? I feel as though I would get a range of balanced opinions on this forum, so it would be fantastic if it were appropriate.

I couldn't see anything in the forum rules specifically about whether this would be allowed or not, so I thought I would check with the moderators first before posting.

Many thanks in advance

Sophie
    Such threads are considered to be spam---the same thing as advertising--- and are deleted; additionally, those who post such threads are usually banned.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Registered User 228peterjohnson's Avatar
    228peterjohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry, some outpost message. Can anybody help me with flatfy.ro ?
    Love to go sports. Traveler, offline manager at https://flatfy.ro/