BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How weak is my squat? (form check)

...I finally got around to recording my max squat with hitting parallel, and honestly I feel like I'm just genetically at a disadvantage when to comes to lower body strength, since I barely have calves, let alone quads and anything else lower body related... I say this because my squat has always been less than 175 lbs since last year, and I hadn't seen any real significant improvement since then (strength wise and physique wise)... I'm currently doing a 5x5 program and I'm on my 3rd week (120 lbs today), and I'm beginning to really struggle with maintaining good form...

...I also say I'm just genetically at a disadvantage since most kids at my school gym are easily squatting 135 lbs for sets and are around the 130-140 lbs range, and even maxing out up to 225+ lbs, although they are bigger than me, so they're naturally going to be stronger than me... but I'm almost stronger than literally everybody on the bench press at my school gym, I'm basically lifting close to the same weight that people in the 200+ lbs range are doing surprisingly, I can somehow keep up with them, but I'm no match on lower body strength and they're squatting up to 405+ lbs max...

...The 5x5 program is expecting me to be able to do 240x5 by the 20th of August, which I can't see myself doing to be honest, I've seen little progress in strength so far... I'm getting enough sleep (8-10 hours), and I try to eat a surplus (500+ kcal.), but sometimes I can't... I don't skip workouts, and I stick to the program... I don't understand why I'm not seeing much progress...

Here's the video of my 155 lbs squat, I was 121 lbs when I recorded this...

tl;dr: ...am I supposed to be struggling this much on squats with this weight at my bodyweight/size? ...and what are my sticking points on squat?
    Last edited by BlueSpades; 06-22-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    As of April 2019...

Height: 5"9 / 175 cm
    Weight: 129 lbs / 59 kg

Bench: 255 lbs / 116 kg
    Squat: 195 lbs / 89 kg
    Deadlift: 315 lbs / 143 kg
    Overhead Press: 125 lbs / 57 kg

panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) panji03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're leaning forward. The bar path should be straight the whole time, not shifting forward to the balls of your feet or back to your heels. The center of balance should be in the middle of your foot. I think you should lower the weight and fix up on your form or else you'll hurt your back when you were squatting 155. Idk but it seems you are squatting too narrow too.

This video by alan thrall helped me fix up my squat form : htt ps://youtube.com/watch?v=ZeqEWLvtZJw&t=296s
    wrestling is fun

Squat 275lb/ Bench 170lb/ Deadlift 315lb / 147 lbs BW

ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100) ManosMyName is not very well liked. (-100)
    I am not an expert but when you started your pace was kinda fast looked to me , try to do it with control and start with weight that you can handle easy. the reason is if you learn a good form then you can slowly increase the weight i think

BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tend to set my footing just outside my hips, but I'll widen my stance a bit more and see if that helps... Also, the reason why I'm leaning forward too much isn't mainly because of my stance, but my weak glutes I believe which is my sticking point on squat... I just wanted someone who knows what their talking about to tell me what my sticking points are and why I'm not seeing as much progress as I was hoping for...
    As of April 2019...

jasonmilk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Few tips
    -try hopping in place naturally a few times and stop; that's the width you want to keep at (around there)
    -Squeeze your glutes and your feet will naturally point out to it's optimal angle
    -Push your knees out towards the direction your feet are going
    -open up the groin in order to protect your knees
    -Your knees are too forward so your weight shifts so try sitting back a bit more / hip hinging first
    -in order to get the feel of a proper squat, do goblet squats. they teach you all of those things naturally

Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol at ur bench being greater than squat
    Bench: 205

Squat: 275

Deadlift: 325

Weight: 158 LB

Originally Posted by Deman10 View Post
    Lol at ur bench being greater than squat
    Lmao you think I don't know that?
    ... That's why I'm trying to get my squat up, since I didn't do squats back then as much as I did bench, I didn't know better to do anything else back then.
    As of April 2019...

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are some fundamental issues technique-wise.

You have no control over your core/hips, you immediately fold into lumbar flexion. It's evident from the get go at 45 lbs, that's not what a squat is supposed to look like - you're folding down, raising your back and then finally extending your legs. You're supposed to sink down and bounce up as one tight unit. Watch videos on youtube and practice without weights.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UnderRated700 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your form & technique isn't very good, I suggest you start over again with the bar or even with your bodyweight only, and make sure you get your form correct before adding weight.
    This is a mistake many people do and get injured very quickly. Do yourself a favor and take a step back, you'll thank yourself later seeing how much it helped you progress.