ArikSh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight loss plateau and some general advice

hello,

Hey, I am 21 years old guy, currently on a cut and would like to start a lean bulk at 10%
    I am 5"5, 138 punds (62.6 kg), my waist is about 29-29.5 inches, I estimate that I am around 13-14 body fat percentage.

My TDEE according to some calculators is about 1900 calories. for the past month and a half I lost about 2 kilos by eating:
    1400-1500 calories
    about 130-140 gr of protein (35-40%)
    80 gr of carbs(23%)
    60 gr of fats(38%)
    with some small changes each day.
    I track everything, do 3 days of weight lifting and 3 of light cardio per week. It worked gread with intermittent fasting and even got to raise my gym weights , but lately I encountered several problems:

1) I hit a weight loss plateau in the last week and a half
    2) I become hungry more then before even with IF
    3) I feel weeker - more tired then general and also gym performence dropped badly this week.

I did a refeed last week which gave my gym performence a very minor boost but nothing else.I wanted to hear your opinion on whether to drop calories/ change macros/ stop cutting ( I wanted to get to 10% before lean bulking but I am a small guy and afraid I will lose too much- but don't want to get fat after my bulk)

I will add some pictures for reference.

Any opinion will help me alot!
    Thanks
    Attached Images

dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinesh690 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my opinion, unless you want to be super lean for a holiday you have coming up, you should start lean bulking (+200 calories above TDEE)

But if you decide to keep cutting:
    1) Water weight fluctuates a lot, if you are plateau'ing for another week +, then drop calories by 200 or increase the amount of cardio you do.
    2) Hunger is normal as you get deeper into your cut. Have food with more volume & cal/g to tackle hunger.
    3) You are always going to feel weaker as your glycogen stores are depleted but if it's significantly weaker, I'd recommend a pre-workout/caffeine & maybe increasing carbs prior to working out.

Originally Posted by dinesh690 View Post
    In my opinion, unless you want to be super lean for a holiday you have coming up, you should start lean bulking (+200 calories above TDEE)

But if you decide to keep cutting:
    1) Water weight fluctuates a lot, if you are plateau'ing for another week +, then drop calories by 200 or increase the amount of cardio you do.
    2) Hunger is normal as you get deeper into your cut. Have food with more volume & cal/g to tackle hunger.
    3) You are always going to feel weaker as your glycogen stores are depleted but if it's significantly weaker, I'd recommend a pre-workout/caffeine & maybe increasing carbs prior to working out.
    Thanks alot! I think I will start a lean bulk because I am pretty small and cut for the next summer.
    Do you recommend any macro split and duration of bulk?

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not going to tell you what to do but, a plateau lasts for 3 weeks.

If that happens, you have to drop calories / increase activity.

The hunger & feeling weaker are usual. Less energy in the body & less glycogen in the muscle = feeling week & hungry.

EXTRA:

At your age / weight / height..

EAT A BURGER MAN!
    No but seriously, bulk. You're damn skinny even for your height.
    Last edited by DutchTeamUltra; 06-22-2018 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Extra
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I’m being honest I think your ready to start bulking. You don’t really have much to cut down to anymore.

It’s time to start increasing calories and focus on progressive overload
    advertising not permitted

Thank you all guys!
    To be honest I was 19-20% bf 2-3 months ago and it really bothered me so I cut and don't want to get to this state again, so I will lean bulk with 200 calories above TDEE.

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ArikSh View Post
    Thank you all guys!
    To be honest I was 19-20% bf 2-3 months ago and it really bothered me so I cut and don't want to get to this state again, so I will lean bulk with 200 calories above TDEE.
    I'd make it 300, "theoretical difference" is 900 to 1200 grams of gain per month. But let's take into account some external factors and unforseen activity, 300 calorie surplus wil net you 1 kg a month which is nice.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.