Registered User NotSoFitFitness's Avatar
    NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Only Four Abs Show?

Hi, I was just wondering if it is normal to only be able to have four of your abs show. I know that bodyfat percentage has a huge role in ab visibility but as you can see in the pictures I've posted, I'm a pretty skinny guy, would I really need to lose more fat for more abs to show? or am I just one of those guys with only 4 visible abs, pretty sure Arnold only ever had 4 abs showing so maybe its genetic.
    Would love to hear you guys' thoughts and also if you had to guess, what bodyfat % do you think I am? I know its probably hard to judge with these two pictures that might not even be good quality as I'm new to this site and not sure the best way to upload pictures,
    Thanks.

(One last thing I wanted to add was that I'm definitely not focusing on abs don't worry, I KNOW I'm skinny and thats why I've been bulking and will continue bulking for a while)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NotSoFitFitness; 06-21-2018 at 10:32 PM.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    First off, great work so far. Lots of muscle on a relatively small frame.

Yes, it's often genetic, some guys will only ever show 2 or 4 abs. However, it could also be that you simply don't have enough development in the lower abs for them to show. Lower abs are kinda like calves, if you don't have them naturally, they are a beyach to make grow.

I have pictures of myself at 24 where I had an 8 pack...now, I can cut to 10% and still only show a 4 pack...it would look like I genetically only have a 4 pack, but I know better...it's just not a priority of mine.

You have one of those physiques that are hard to estimate bodyfat. I'd say beyween 10-15%, but that's a pretty massive spread. If I was forced to give a number, I'd go with 12%...but really, that's just a safe average.

Anyway...your bodyfat level is excellent, so what do the numbers really matter? I'd keep it in check, while slowly adding more proportionate mass with a modest surplus. You should have an awesome end result IMHO.

NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotSoFitFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Appreciate you taking the time to respond and thanks for the compliments.
    That sounds good continuing to slowly add more proportionate mass, I started off very very skinny so my focus has been adding mass but don’t want to add fat.

Anyways, so the 2 abs Id have to work to grow are my lower ones? It’s just weird cause when I look at my torso it looks like there’s no more room for 2 other visible abs, would they be below my belly button?

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NotSoFitFitness View Post
    Anyways, so the 2 abs Id have to work to grow are my lower ones? It’s just weird cause when I look at my torso it looks like there’s no more room for 2 other visible abs, would they be below my belly button?
    Looks like they are mid belly button (you can almost see them in the pics). If you have the rare 8 pack, those are generally below the belly button.

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The rectus abdominis is one muscle divided by the tendinous intersections.
    The more of these you have the more 'abs' show.

In your first pic the lower section is visible. That would make six sections.

She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Awesome thanks for the information guys!
    If you don’t mind, could you tell me what are some of the best ab exercises for specifically targeting those lower abs?

countswaggula is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NotSoFitFitness View Post
    Awesome thanks for the information guys!
    If you don’t mind, could you tell me what are some of the best ab exercises for specifically targeting those lower abs?
    Leg raises, weighted if they are too easy. Knee raises if they are too difficult.

pkslims is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yo! I'm new here, but it is just genetics bro. If you look at pics of Phil Heath/Ronnie Coleman (both mr. Olympia winners) they only have four abs 😊

waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50) waldoehf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I also like flutter kicks to develop the lower abdominals, really get them burning