firstimefit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Skinny fat and trying to get fit.

Hey, this week I've decided that finally I want to be healthy and maybe get fit at the same time. I'm 24, 170 and last time I weighed myself I was around 65kg, I'm also skinny fat.
    I'm very unfit, and I sit almost whole day on my ass in front of my pc, so this is pretty hard for me. So far I've been doing pushups, body weight squats, plank and leg raises, I also stopped drinking sodas, eating junk and I'm trying to eat healthier. I don't really want to start with the gym because I'm super weak and I feel like I'd have to do what I'm doing for at least a month or two get a bit healthier, get stronger and then go to the gym.
    Am I thinking correctly? Is there anything in particular I should eat/do or should I just burn more calories than I consume. I've never actually tried to get healthy/fit so this is new to me, any input and tips are appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images

ChaseLille is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your going to have to go to the gym to get fit. Push ups and body weight squats can only get you but so far, and everyone has to start somewhere. If you want to lose body fat, calculate your BMR by looking up a BMR calculator.
    Your BMR is how many calories you burn if you were to sit in bed all day and not move at all. Once you have your BMR look up the Harrison Benedict Equation and pick what activity level fits you the best, and multiply by the number it says.
    Once you have the number from there, that will show you how many calories you need to eat a day to maintain your current weight. Subtract 500 calories from that number, and use this number to calculate your macros, It can be 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fat.

Originally Posted by ChaseLille View Post
    Your going to have to go to the gym to get fit. Push ups and body weight squats can only get you but so far, and everyone has to start somewhere. If you want to lose body fat, calculate your BMR by looking up a BMR calculator.
    Your BMR is how many calories you burn if you were to sit in bed all day and not move at all. Once you have your BMR look up the Harrison Benedict Equation and pick what activity level fits you the best, and multiply by the number it says.
    Once you have the number from there, that will show you how many calories you need to eat a day to maintain your current weight. Subtract 500 calories from that number, and use this number to calculate your macros, It can be 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fat.
    I'll definitely do that, thanks.
    Someone suggested me keto diet, is that a good idea in your opinion?

I would not recommend it as I have heard many people say it makes them feel like ****, and they have no energy. Just eat at a 500 calorie deficit and have macros

Originally Posted by ChaseLille View Post
    I would not recommend it as I have heard many people say it makes them feel like ****, and they have no energy. Just eat at a 500 calorie deficit and have macros
    I've read that recomp would be a good idea for me, and according to this calc: katyhearnfit.com/macro-calculator I should be getting
    49.4g FAT
    243.3 CARBS
    119.9 PROTEIN
    with 1898 cal per day

Does this look about right? Every calc I use gives me different stats, getting me a bit confused.

I would probably say 1800 cals, the 50g or fat is good and try to lower the carbs a little closer to 200 and up the protein as much as possible

If I eat less cals/fats/carbs/protein than what I've set up (because I'm not hungry), is it fine or do I have to get as close to the numbers as possible?

I wouldn’t eat less than 1600-1800 because at that point you are just going to risk losing any muscle mass you have right now. Get as close to those macros as physically possible

Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myfitfriend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You’ve made some good choices to get started. Eating a better diet will change your physique the most.

Body weight exercises will only get you so far and you may want to consider joining a gym eventually
    advertising not permitted

Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deman10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol at how complicated ur making things, I'll give you 2 weeks before u quit and go back to regular routine/diet
    Bench: 205

Squat: 275

Deadlift: 325

Weight: 158 LB

Well it's been almost 2 weeks now since I started changing my life style and I don't plan on stopping, but thanks for believing in me

hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57
    Originally Posted by firstimefit View Post
    Hey, this week I've decided that finally I want to be healthy and maybe get fit at the same time. I'm 24, 170 and last time I weighed myself I was around 65kg, I'm also skinny fat.
    I'm very unfit, and I sit almost whole day on my ass in front of my pc, so this is pretty hard for me. So far I've been doing pushups, body weight squats, plank and leg raises, I also stopped drinking sodas, eating junk and I'm trying to eat healthier. I don't really want to start with the gym because I'm super weak and I feel like I'd have to do what I'm doing for at least a month or two get a bit healthier, get stronger and then go to the gym.
    Am I thinking correctly? Is there anything in particular I should eat/do or should I just burn more calories than I consume. I've never actually tried to get healthy/fit so this is new to me, any input and tips are appreciated. Thanks.
    dont listen to any of these people who say body weight exercises can only get you so far..do high volume sets of pushups and eventually add weight by getting a weighted vests, same with pullups and dips just add more weight and volume.. and btw you are taking diet advice from a little kid (chaselille), if you want to get leaner simply adding muscle will not only make you look leaner but will also speed up your metabolism. I truly believe people should work on speeding up there metabolism then just going on these harsh deficit diets..I have some crazy before and after pictures from doing body weight exercises that i can show you..trust me they are effective at building muscle. For people who say bodyweight excercizes can only get you so far are the people who can only do like 20 pushups and then get bored..if you want to see gains you make it a goal to be able to do 100 pushups in one set, with pullups build up to muscle ups, all those calisthenics guys are ripped to the bone and have built there entire physique off of there bodyweight.
    Last edited by hardgainer57; 06-26-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Age is just a number when you know your stuff from a lot of research and when your dad was a bodybuilder and won many competitions. And it is true that body weight excercises can only get you so far, they definitely are better than nothing but results won’t be the same if he were to go to a gym