osadaj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Tired of being fat, so here’s my fat loss log

I’ve always been fat, not overly so but still, enough to be called plump, chubby, etc. for as long as I can remember. I never remembered a time in my life when I was considered skinny, and while I did manage (with a lot of effort) to maintain my weight in the ideal range for some years, I never felt good enough in my own skin to tell myself, hey, I look great.

However, an unhealthy former workplace (too much drama, unsatisfying work) made me stress eat and I would finish half a 1kg buttercream cake in one sitting. I’m Asian, so I’m not all that tall and you can guess where my waistline went. With the help of some martial arts classes, I got fit, but the cardio isn’t making me shed much of the fat.

I know I’ve been ignoring my weight problem for too long. The wake up call came when I met a friend some weeks ago and she asked if I gained weight. Wasn’t the nicest thing to say but it was good feedback. Then I realized my dad has been nicknaming me “pig” when talking about me to other family members. Urgh (yes, Asian parents aren’t kind with their words).

I’m “big-boned”, so I don’t have a small frame and I guess that in a way let me hide some of the pudge and not look too bad. But lately I’ve been finding myself sucking in my guts when I am outdoors and I feel embarrassed sitting down as there is no way to hide the muffin top.

Now that I’ve switched jobs and am in a much happier place, I’ve decided to take charge of my health again and really work on it to lose the weight - for good.

I’ve signed up for a gym, gotten a personal trainer, and a bodybuilding.com fitness program to guide me along. The plan is to get the trainer to tell me how to do those exercises in the program and whether I’m doing them right. Then I’ll go on my own after a few lessons.

This is my fat loss log and I hope that the journey, which won’t be an easy one, will be rewarding.

Current weight: 72.8kgs
    Body fat: 39%

Goal weight: It doesn’t matter what it says on the scale as long as I look hot, it can say 120kgs for all I care if it’s muscle and not fat.
    Body fat: 25%

It’s quite a ways to go but I hope to be at or near my goal body fat % by this time next year!

osadaj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Quick first log:

First lesson with PT today and while I was able to do my martial arts classes easily, my PT put me through hell. I never felt that I worked so hard while working out before. It’s a good session and I feel like I really burned some calories.

Also bought some whey protein and am planning to drink one serving post-workout. I plan to hit the gym again on Thursday, and will do a minimum of 3 gym days a week.

My only worry about whey is that I’m slightly lactose intolerant. So I guess it really depends on how it goes whether my body can take the whey or not. I’m really keen on building muscle mass so as to be able to burn more calories in the long run.

While looking like She-Hulk isn’t something I’m going for, I think that will not be a worry for a long time yet. The most challenging days of sticking to this plan are still ahead!

GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by osadaj View Post
    Quick first log:
    The most challenging days of sticking to this plan are still ahead!
    That's the truth! The hard part doesn't really start until week six or seven!
    What did the water say to the boat?

Nothing, it just waved. :)