satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

question re: macro sticky - max

After reading the sticky about calories and macros am I right in thinking all I need to do is hit my target calories for my size/weight/age so long as the min protein and fat is reached?

Is it of no importance which macro fills the void? i.e. I am 197lb so need at least 137g protein and 78g fat, so if it was 300g of carbs that pushed it up to my total calories is this irrelevant or should I be aiming to keep any of them to a max figure?
    Last edited by satchinator; 06-19-2018 at 03:35 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes.

In practice some carb is a good idea although there is no minimum number for this. It helps with performance in the gym for most people. Since you get it abundantly in most foods, you can't avoid it easily even if you wanted to.

So just choose whole foods you like eating to fill the void - simple eh?

satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) satchinator has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes.

In practice some carb is a good idea although there is no minimum number for this. It helps with performance in the gym for most people. Since you get it abundantly in most foods, you can't avoid it easily even if you wanted to.

So just choose whole foods you like eating to fill the void - simple eh?
    Cheers!

I would say it would be a good idea to clarify this on the sticky as the 40/40/20 thing is really force fed to people and it has caused me hours, if not days of hell trying to figure out what I can and can't eat. Basically the stuff related to this dotted around the internet has you believe that if you are in my situation you can't have more than 200g carbs and 40g fat but must have at least 200g protein. Try working out your meals with those figures and it makes you want to give up straight away