mackytung06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Slow progress in Intermittent Fasting?

Hi guys! Frequent visitor here but I rarely post. Anyway, I've been on Intermittent Fasting for about a month already, and I have a few questions to you pros out there.

But first, some basic info about me

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 146lbs
    Body Fat 9.5%-10% (the inBody seems to be inaccurate but around that)
    Muscle Mass: 34.7kg
    Macros on working days are: 280c 160p 80f= 2500cal. Non-working days are 150c 160p 80f= 1980cal.
    TDEE: Based on iifym.com is 2100

Questions.

1.) I decided to do IF to get my BF% down to 9, but it's been a month and progress has been slooow. I mean, I'm definitely more lean now. But I was expecting better results. Is this normal? If not, what has to be changed?

2.) Is it possible to gain some muscle while losing body fat on IF? I'm actually happy with my current muscle mass. But maybe a taaad more would be great. If so, what am I doing wrong with my IF or my current macros?

3.) (Kinda relates to #2) Since I'm on a surplus of about 400cal, does this mean that I would gain weight despite me being on IF? I was always under the impression that as long as the surplus isn't too much, I should still expect some fat loss.

Thanks for all your inputs!

PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If provides 0 benefits over 3-4 meals spread since you wake up till you go to bed and IF dont have any magic capability's to burn fat if you are in caloric surplus over 24 hours .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l272mz5j0zE

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If your average calorie intake is above your TDEE, you will not lose net bodyfat regardless of IF or not.

Your chances of recomping are probably lower on IF since you are missing opportunities for muscle protein synthesis.

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not a "real" IF user, but I train fasted & don't eat breakfast directly after.
    Here's my view;

1. See the answer @ question 3.

2. Nope. You either build muscle OR lose fat, unless you are VERY overweight or a complete beginner.

3. When I first read this I thought you were kidding.
    But yes. Even if your maintenance calories would be, say, 3000 and you would cram 3500 calories into one meal (purely theoretical).
    You would still put on fat. Losing fat is about eating less calories than you actually use throughout the day, which is impossible if you are in a surplus.
    So, you either take maintenance -20% and do a proper cut, or you keep doing this and know you're bulking. That's it.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mjothvitnir will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Facepalm. People need to stop believing all these fake youtuber's and broscience blogs.
    IF is a meal frequency protocol, nothing more, nothing less.

1] The leaner you are, the harder it is to loose the last bits of fat.
    2] Not unless your a newbie to training.
    3] Surplus = weight gain, no matter what eating protocol you use.

I'm the same as DTU, I train fasted and eat several hours after working out, not because it's optimal, but because it fits my lifestyle and I prefer it, I love the hungry/primal feeling whilst training.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're in a calorie surplus how do expect to lose fat? IF should just be called the "Skipping Breakfast Diet". It does nothing except allowing more calories later in the day. Your weekly calorie intake will determine fatloss\fat gain.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigFatFatty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Drop the intermittent fasting... Again JUST MY OPINION... But your trying to build a bodybuilders physique yes? Do you see pro bodybuilders (granted we are normal joes) doing IF?

No.. Because its not the best way of eating for being a beefy lean greek god...

I tried IF, it sucked balls... I got MUCH better results simply eating a whole foods diet spread out through the day.

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BigFatFatty View Post
    Drop the intermittent fasting... Again JUST MY OPINION... But your trying to build a bodybuilders physique yes? Do you see pro bodybuilders (granted we are normal joes) doing IF?

No.. Because its not the best way of eating for being a beefy lean greek god...

I tried IF, it sucked balls... I got MUCH better results simply eating a whole foods diet spread out through the day.
    Honestly, that's your mileage. Fasting in the morning works great for me, because it makes it easier to combine work+masters & fitness/health.
    As long as OP knows it's not some kind of fatloss-voodoo-magic and actually does it because he prefers it, there's nothing wrong with it.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does it increase your growth hormones. Hep burn fat.
    Is like any other diet. I tried If for some months, didn't burn more calories then my diet to cut. I was eating the same reduced calories. Wanted to see if there was any other benefit, can't tell. Maybe has to be done for a longer period. I tried it for around 4/5 months.