McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Current body fat percentage questions

So this is my last week of cutting (first ever cut, almost 5 months and a half). I've been on a pretty aggressive cut mostly because I was fat/really round and didn't like the way I looked.. I know, I should've taken it easier. I'm happy about it though, I was able to keep most muscle mass. The only problem that I find annoying are my love handles, but I've always had them since I was a kid so I don't care anymore at this point.
    I have a few questions:
    1) Can anyone tell me what my current body fat percentage is? Kinda hard figuring it out from online pictures.
    2) I sorta want to bulk now to put on some mass and because I really like hitting the gym in general, but I'm really afraid to put fat back and look like before once again. Should I just maintain my weight now or slowly start bulking on a 200/250 calories surplus (maybe 1-2 pounds a month). Would the latter minimize fat gain?
    3) Do you think that I should take it easy in the beginning (after I officially finish my cut), as in eat at maintenance for about 2/3 weeks and then add 200/250 calories (if I do decide to bulk)? I read that if you jump right from deficit to surplus you're gonna gain a lot of fat back on.
    Thanks!

Stats: Male / 18 / 1.77m (maybe 1.75m, haven't checked in a while)
    Before (if anyone's interested) - about 88 KG
    Now - about 67 KG (weighted myself in the morning and I was 65 though, no water/food)
    Attached Images

anonymous
    eat at maintenance for a while

jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At 18 you should work to put muscles on. Start eating surplus 150-200 cals per day and hit the weights hard. You had excessive fat in the past so now you need to be a little bit cautious. Read the stickies if you did not do it yet and hit your daily macros as recommended. Be patient for 4-6 weeks and then reevaluate.
    Good luck!!

Originally Posted by McsGone View Post
    So this is my last week of cutting (first ever cut, almost 5 months and a half). I've been on a pretty aggressive cut mostly because I was fat/really round and didn't like the way I looked.. I know, I should've taken it easier. I'm happy about it though, I was able to keep most muscle mass. The only problem that I find annoying are my love handles, but I've always had them since I was a kid so I don't care anymore at this point.
    I have a few questions:
    1) Can anyone tell me what my current body fat percentage is? Kinda hard figuring it out from online pictures.
    2) I sorta want to bulk now to put on some mass and because I really like hitting the gym in general, but I'm really afraid to put fat back and look like before once again. Should I just maintain my weight now or slowly start bulking on a 200/250 calories surplus (maybe 1-2 pounds a month). Would the latter minimize fat gain?
    3) Do you think that I should take it easy in the beginning (after I officially finish my cut), as in eat at maintenance for about 2/3 weeks and then add 200/250 calories (if I do decide to bulk)? I read that if you jump right from deficit to surplus you're gonna gain a lot of fat back on.
    Thanks!

Stats: Male / 18 / 1.77m (maybe 1.75m, haven't checked in a while)
    Before (if anyone's interested) - about 88 KG
    Now - about 67 KG (weighted myself in the morning and I was 65 though, no water/food)

Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000) Celstick is just really nice. (+1000)
    First off - congrats on your progress! Night and day difference in appearance. Now is the time to be VERY CAREFUL when introducing more calories. I suggest eating @ maintenance for at least 1 week before transitioning to any surplus. I personally hate cardio so that is the first thing I reduce when transitioning cut -> bulk, before touching calories. But to each their own.

Your goal should be to eat the amount of calories necessary to consistently increase your lifts - while not gaining more than 2 lbs per month. Any more than that will be almost exclusively fat.

McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McsGone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you all for the advices! I was planning on slowly ramping up my calories over the span of 2 weeks, maybe 3, until I reach maintenance so I can get used to eating normally again and get my metabolism accustomed. Then I will most likely stay at maintenance for the rest of the summer and start a slow bulk (200 calories surplus, 1-2 lbs a month as you suggested) in September. One last thing, I feel really tired now at the end of the cut, if I take 1-2 weeks off the gym to cool down and recover energy, while obviously eating at maintenance, will it be alright or would I put fat back? What I'm asking is whether those 2 weeks off the gym are gonna harm my cutting results. Thanks!

PKollet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by McsGone View Post
    Thank you all for the advices! I was planning on slowly ramping up my calories over the span of 2 weeks, maybe 3, until I reach maintenance so I can get used to eating normally again and get my metabolism accustomed. Then I will most likely stay at maintenance for the rest of the summer and start a slow bulk (200 calories surplus, 1-2 lbs a month as you suggested) in September. One last thing, I feel really tired now at the end of the cut, if I take 1-2 weeks off the gym to cool down and recover energy, while obviously eating at maintenance, will it be alright or would I put fat back? What I'm asking is whether those 2 weeks off the gym are gonna harm my cutting results. Thanks!
    I think you'd need to recalculate what your maintenance would actually be without the exercises in order to not put some weight back or "harm" your cutting results.