Thread: Bulk or cut

Registered User richardroygrimm's Avatar
    richardroygrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk or cut

So I have been cutting for about 8m with 1m off I can't seem to loss any more weight I'm not sure what to do but I am gaining strength, I'm following the fierce 5 full body pics of my on my profile
    Bench 205 3x5
    Squat 225 3x5
    Front squat 175 3x5
    Roman DL 175 3x8
    My cut is 1700 call day one cheat meal a week on Sunday
    I am 180lb 5f 10in

Let me know what u guys think

dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everyone here will tell you, you are not in a calorie deficit, plain and simple. You can gain strength without being in a calorie surplus, all you need is to eat at maintenance.

How long have you stalled? Your cheat meal could be ruining your weight loss as well

I should say I was 258 I'm now 180 stalled for about 3 weeks

dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50) dannydsan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okay, I would attempt to cut 100-200 calories back for two weeks and see if your weight drops. But it's such a little drop, one cheat day could ruin a whole week so I would be as strict as possible on your calorie consumption when doing this.

So maybe cut out the cheat meal and do about 1600 cals a day ? I also drink alot of diet pop could that be it but diet pop has 0 Cal idk

Are you counting how much you are eating for your cheat meal or do you know how much you are eating on your cheat day? Cutting out your cheat day may be all you need but if you cut out the cheat meal and lower calories by 100-200 a day, I wouldn't see why you wouldn't start losing weight again.

The diet pop is okay and 99% probability that it isn't affecting your weight loss, especially if it has 0 calories.

I count everything that I eat but for my cheat meal I don't count so 1700 with out a cheat meal

PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhantomLancer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you are not losing weight after 2-3 weeks you are not in caloric deficit .You can eat less/add cardio (1hour of walking 250-300kcal burned )/both .Dont cheat meal,it will increase your weekly average .
    (2000kcal x6 + 5000kcal x1)/7 days= 2428 average

Ok no cheat meal and I'll see what happens but , do u think I should keeping cutting or bulkb

Originally Posted by richardroygrimm View Post
    Ok no cheat meal and I'll see what happens but , do u think I should keeping cutting or bulkb
    Are you trying to look leaner or grow muscle? Are you happy with your current look?

What is your waist, hip and neck measurement? Also, could you post pics?

I have pics on my profile and no I would like to be more lean I guess I still look fat in my opinion waist is 32

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey bro, amazing job from 285-180! It is quite impressive. You are already eating such a low amount of calories, and sacrificing your cheat meal could do more harm than good.

I honestly believe you are tracking properly, but your body weight has gotten so low that it requires a lot less to keep losing fat.

I recommend you start incorporating some form of liss cardio (low intensity steady state), to increase your deficit, and continue eating 1,700 + 1 cheat meal. Because I believe you are disciplined enough.

Many people come here and claim they are in a deficit, and it is obvious they aren't, but you, my friend, I believe actually are being sincere.

cliffs
    Add in some cardio
    Don't change your calories
    Don't sacrifice your cheat meal.

Right now, I'm eating Mon-Fri 1,700 calories, and on Sat & Sun, I eat intuitively, IE I don't count anything but I am aware not to just binge like a pig. I've been losing 0.5-1kg a week, every week. I also try and stay mobile and active, to increase the deficit.

I've tried to do 7 day deficits in a row before, but imo it isn't sustainable for long periods of time, from a mental stand-point.

PS, I would normally not recommend this advice. It takes a strong understanding of one's self to succeed with this type of plan.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Thank you I truly appreciate it I am working hard to try to get very lean it just seems like I don't have enough muscle mass so I'm not sure if I should continue to cut or if I should do a bulk I'm leaning towards a bulk but I'm worried that I don't even have abs if I bulk would do me any good