maximo727 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Am I taking the right supplements?

Hi, so I am a 15 year old boy, and I’m sort of new to working out. My friend told me a little bit about taking supplements for working out, he told me to take pre-workout to get you ready for working out, amino acids to drink while working out so I won’t get sore the next day, and whey protein after the workout to rebuild my muscles. Now, I have ADHD so I’m kind of worried about certain pre-workouts so I currently take G-Fuel, but I feel like it’s not working, can anyone help me out because I don’t know if I am taking the right supplements, what pre-workout I should take, if I should be taking more supplements, or take less, please help!!!

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by maximo727 View Post
    Hi, so I am a 15 year old boy, and I’m sort of new to working out. My friend told me a little bit about taking supplements for working out, he told me to take pre-workout to get you ready for working out, amino acids to drink while working out so I won’t get sore the next day, and whey protein after the workout to rebuild my muscles. Now, I have ADHD so I’m kind of worried about certain pre-workouts so I currently take G-Fuel, but I feel like it’s not working, can anyone help me out because I don’t know if I am taking the right supplements, what pre-workout I should take, if I should be taking more supplements, or take less, please help!!!
    Dude, you do not need these supplements at al!
    At your age, just focus on eating enough healthy and nutritious foods!

Eat enough protein & (healthy) fats, maybe take a multivitamin & omega 3, that's all.
    Train hard, sleep enough and profit.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DutchTeamUltra View Post
    THIS

Eat enough protein & (healthy) fats, maybe take a multivitamin & omega 3, that's all.
    BUT NOT THIS

food is king OP, don't be bothering with supplements, especially where you have a diagnosed medical condition.

eat everything. you'll get your nutrients (fat, protein, carbs + vits & minerals) from whole food sources.
    Strong & Unstable

Ok so why don’t you think it’s right to take supplements, i get the pre-workout but why not the amino acids and whey protein, isn’t those the unharmful ones and they help your muscles repair? And thanks for the advice i’m gonna go to the the store and pick up those vitams in a bit

But also what sort of vitams do you suggest because you said not to take the ones above so which ones are key?

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post
    THIS

BUT NOT THIS

food is king OP, don't be bothering with supplements, especially where you have a diagnosed medical condition.

eat everything. you'll get your nutrients (fat, protein, carbs + vits & minerals) from whole food sources.
    Point taken, let me rephrase!

If ANY supplement you could take would benefit you NOW, at your age, height & weight.
    It WOULD BE those. But, you indeed do not need them.

Ok so why don’t you think it’s right to take supplements, i get the pre-workout but why not the amino acids and whey protein, isn’t those the unharmful ones and they help your muscles repair? And thanks for the advice i’m gonna go to the the store and pick up those vitams in a bit
    Protein from whole foods > protein from supplements any way.
    Amino acids are way overrated, I wouldn't even advice them to advanced guys at all.

As said, just eat healthy & enough mate!

I have a question, a lot of people my age take pre workout because they say it gets there hormones pumping and gives them a boost of energy for a few hours, and when i’m at the gym i always feel pumped but i always take pre workout, would it be different without preworkout

faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    as i said, food is king. you'll get all of the protein you need from chicken, meat, fish, tofu, milk etc., as well as a raft of other micronutrients that are absent in whey.

BCAAs are a complete waste of time altogether, regardless of your age.
    Strong & Unstable

I have a question, a lot of people my age take pre workout because they say it gets there hormones pumping and gives them a boost of energy for a few hours, and when i’m at the gym i always feel pumped but i always take pre workout, would it be different without preworkout
    pre-workouts don't get your hormones pumping, they give you a energy used to push you through your workout, however at your age and with a diagnosed medical condition, I wouldn't be taking high-stim products such as pre-workouts. I definitely wouldn't be taking anything high stim without running them by your dr to make sure there's no interaction with any medication you might be taking.

take away point from this thread - forget supplements and focus on your diet - meat, fish, chicken, tofu (if veggie) and plenty of vegetables. keep hydrated, get plenty of sleep and you'll be making all kiiiindza gainz maaayne
    Strong & Unstable

Thank you so much, I will take this into serious consideration, I just wanna leave off on one question, both of you said to take vitamins, what kinda vitamins should I take, like I will pick up teen multivitamins, but is there anything else you suggest?

Thank you so much, I will take this into serious consideration, I just wanna leave off on one question, both of you said to take vitamins, what kinda vitamins should I take, like I will pick up teen multivitamins, but is there anything else you suggest?
    i haven't said to take vitamins, i've said to eat a varied diet and get your vitamins from that.

you can request blood tests from your GP if you feel you're deficient in certain vitamins and he/she can advise on what to take but as i've said, if you have a diagnosed condition and are taking medication, run everything past your GP or pharmacist to make sure there's no interactions.
    Strong & Unstable

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The right supplements at 15....would be to supplement your Steak with Potatoes.

Seriously...outside of a Flinstone vitamin, just eat!
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gets hormones pumping? lol

Coffee also gives energy. At 15, you should not need stimulants to get to the gym.

If you are working 50, 60 hours a week...have two kids, less sleep than disireable...then year stimulants have their place I guess.
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No supplements for you, lad.

You don't need anything to get ready, you wouldn't benefit from amino acids, and whole foods (including chocolate milk) can provide more than enough protein for recovery...so you shouldn't miss the supplements you won't be taking, anyway.

Diet, Routine, and Rest are what matters.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll add one other thing. You're mistaking powdered food for being superior to non-powdered food. It's all just food. You don't need magic, muscle fertilizer, protein powder or pre-workout and certainly not 3 amino acids.

Eat food and meet your macros. Stop listening to teenagers that don't know what they're talking about. If you have questions, come to a place with expertise, not kids that heard something from a dude at the GNC.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Registered User Thomaswilson101's Avatar
    Thomaswilson101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All the above comments are right. Eat whole foods and get heaps of sleep.
    I use to think supplements are what you need but they only supplement a balanced diet and you don't need them.

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, at 15 the best thing I can recommend to you is to eat EVERYTHING in sight.

Get those calories in.

Supplements are not required. JUST EAT!
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!