MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thoughts on this video? Maintaining weight after weight loss calories lower?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyNgvMYb7iQ

Ignore the IF part..

Curious about the first part.. Any research to back this?

Cheers,

MT
    Instagram: Mos_Toorani

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MosToorani View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyNgvMYb7iQ

Ignore the IF part..

Curious about the first part.. Any research to back this?

Cheers,

MT

After someone loses weight, they have to eat less calories in order to maintain that new, lower body weight.

Someone who has lost a lot of weight has very likely lost considerable muscle mass as well, causing his metabolism to slow.

People who previously were used to stuffing their pie holes with food, but now have to track every bite, now feel more 'hungry.'

Seems pretty common-sense-logical to me.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing new.

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Most people who use a loss of weight (not looking at the fitness community, because most of us track intake in a way), haven't taken the time to form new habits. You'd be amazed how many people say things such as "I can't wait to finish this diet so I can eat the way I normally do."
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000) MosToorani is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Maybe I misunderstood the first part of the video.

I was under the impression what he was referring to was... Someone who lost quite a bit of weight .. say from 200 lbs to 160 lbs would need less calories to maintain that 160 lbs than someone who is already at 160 lbs and maintaining that less..

Hypothetical scenario in my head is ..

Subject A, lost the weight, needs 2000 calories to maintain that weight at 160 lbs.
    Subject B, maintains his current 160 lbs (haven't lost any weight) by eating 2,200 calories..

Keeping activity levels of the two subjects approximately the same.

I guess since there is no reference to activity and muscle mass... then yeah .. above scenario makes sense..

Wasn't that what the video was referring to?

Cheers,

MT
    Instagram: Mos_Toorani

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MosToorani View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood the first part of the video.

I was under the impression what he was referring to was... Someone who lost quite a bit of weight .. say from 200 lbs to 160 lbs would need less calories to maintain that 160 lbs than someone who is already at 160 lbs and maintaining that less..

Hypothetical scenario in my head is ..

Subject A, lost the weight, needs 2000 calories to maintain that weight at 160 lbs.
    Subject B, maintains his current 160 lbs (haven't lost any weight) by eating 2,200 calories..

Keeping activity levels of the two subjects approximately the same.

I guess since there is no reference to activity and muscle mass... then yeah .. above scenario makes sense..

Wasn't that what the video was referring to?

Cheers,

MT
    Yes that is what the video is suggesting. It would be pretty hard to quantify, but I think there has been some metabolic ward testing done. Metabolism falls on a bell curve like everything else, some people have slightly slower metabolisms. That aside, food intake and activity are still the primary driving factor and a couple hundred cals/day difference in TDEE is not going to cause someone to gain 100lbs, that is them simply reverting to previous eating habits.