trapcity195 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Trap pain after benching

So I used to bench with bad form (pushing with shoulders and not packing shoulders). After a few years I realised but now my front delts are much bigger than my chest as you'd expect. So now I have to make an effort and really focus on packing my shoulder blades to stop my delts from taking over... However recently I felt a pinch in my left upper trap next to my shoulder blade) which I had to get accupuncture to get ris of. Now every time I pack my shoulders back and press I get a tight pulling pain running up my trap as soon as I finish the movement and 'unpack' my shoulders... Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    my guess is because you have been benching wrong for a while which caused your traps muscles to pull/tighten more on one side than this other and your body/muscles adapted being this way. when training with bad form our body tend to use the wrong muscles and sometimes rely one or more muscles on one side or both side of the body to do most of the work in order to compensate for the mistakes we're doing. your traps is having that pinching feeling when you are trying to correct your posture/form for your lift and probably aggravated something in the area. also keep in mind that we actually have 2 major CNS(central nervous system) regions on our body, the one that controls our arms and upper torso muscles is right on the back of our neck, the cns region that controls our lower body movement is all over our lumbar spine. one of worst case scenario when not properly maintaining your body can lead to trouble. having muscle tightness for a long time and ignoring it can cause your spine to misalign over time and then you'll have to see a chiropractor to help get your spine alignment good again. try to foam roll your upper back and get a massage roller stick to see if it'll help relieve some of the tension for your neck. then just take it easy with upper body work for a week before trying to increase weight. if you haven't taken a deload week for a while, then use this chance to let your body take a week off from gym so it can recover. good luck.

trapcity195 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hi!

Thank you for the great details above - very helpful!

I'll give this a try so thank you!

CarlieKriske is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should lose your body muscles by playing badminton or table tennis. It will make your body normal then, you can start exercise with balanced exercises.