pablo2018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi need some advice

Hi there I have been out of the gym for 5-6 years I am now 36 due to family life The last 5 -6 I have not trained!
    I been training from the age of 15 till I was 30 I have missed the gym so much I have been thinking of starting going back to get in shape and lift free weights like I did back in the day just one thing is I feel like I will suffer with what people think as I will not be able to lift weights like I did plus put on a bit of fat and lost my mass!
    I am 5.6 and 12 stone
    My target is to bulk up to get muscle mass don’t wanna add to my fat tho!
    Any tips of what exercises are best to start back and dieting?
    I will train on my own I did have training buddy back in the day but now it’s just me just hoping I don’t suffer with anxiety as I will feel uncomfortable in a new gym with new people and starting from scratch

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Although not anywhere as good as a real buddy, unlike when you were 15 there are training apps. Take a look at StrongLifts 5*5 free phone app (Google it)

For diet and fat loss have a look at https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

Enjoy...

Edit there are great people in gyms and also a lot of idiots. So don't worry what other people in the gym think! Don't be self conscious.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by pablo2018 View Post
    Hi there I have been out of the gym for 5-6 years I am now 36 due to family life The last 5 -6 I have not trained!
    I been training from the age of 15 till I was 30 I have missed the gym so much I have been thinking of starting going back to get in shape and lift free weights like I did back in the day just one thing is I feel like I will suffer with what people think as I will not be able to lift weights like I did plus put on a bit of fat and lost my mass!
    I am 5.6 and 12 stone
    My target is to bulk up to get muscle mass don’t wanna add to my fat tho!
    Any tips of what exercises are best to start back and dieting?
    I will train on my own I did have training buddy back in the day but now it’s just me just hoping I don’t suffer with anxiety as I will feel uncomfortable in a new gym with new people and starting from scratch
    Don't worry about what other people think. They should be more worried about what YOU think!

Now, get going!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

nc2211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Don't worry about what other people think. They should be more worried about what YOU think!

Now, get going!
    ^^ that is good advice! Also, as you’ve been out of fitness routine for a while, make sure you start slow and steady. Many people try and get too much done quickly thinking they’ll see progress within a couple of weeks, load up the weights and get injured, then lose any motivation they had.

Take a look at the stickies, read them through, ask questions and then get going. Focus on flexibility and mobility, Build up your cv and stamina, and then start hitting the weights. Also, don’t neglect your core and glutes!

Now get going! :-)

pablo2018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheers I will give it a go 😀

hillary2018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do you really want to waste your time thinking of what other people think about you? You shouldn't care at all. It is your life and your body!

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If what you did from age 15-30 worked, then why change it. Just start slow and be consistent.

And most people in the gym will not give two s**ts what you are doing.

Go for it.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123