Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kr1kit View Post
    I'm truly curious to see how long all the incels ****ting their pants that a character in a video game is a lesbian can make this thread go on for.

50 pages? 100 pages?
    People that disagree with me are incels, nice.

Originally Posted by E-Go View Post
    Are you calling the Asian characters subplot an aberration because it doesnt have anything to do with Joel and Elle? If thats the case, you have no idea if it does or doesn't. Its a subplot that will connect in some way (same villains, the MLF or whatever they are called).

lololololololololololol "I'm wrong here, but I'm right about everything else I was saying, which was entirely the thing I was wrong about."

Also, yes. There is a part of the latest trailer where Elle is caught with someone and you hear someone die

Its funny to me because when we cycle out the old people screaming AGENDA!, we get new ones.
    No I'm not calling Asian character / the subplot an aberration, I explained the aberration bit in my response to the other guy, most definitely pushing it.

Hey I have no problem admitting if I'm wrong somewhere, that's why I didn't clear out my original statement in the post, I just added on to it. I'm not incorrect otherwise.

Agenda pushing is blatant, not just in this game either.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SirFapsAIot View Post
    People that disagree with me are incels, nice.
    No you and the other dorks raging about this issue are incels because you are THIS mad about a character in a FICTIONAL VIDEO GAME being a lesbian. You all think that this game is going to be completely ruined because Ellie isn't straight, do you see how crazy that sounds? What do you think the entire game is going to be Ellie tonguing girls asses non-stop and going off on 20 minute monologues about how white men are the devil? Naughty Dog is a great publisher, the first TLOU was amazing, and this one looks great too... The fact that you disregard that because BUT SHES A LESBIAN! is what you're an incel, not because you disagree with me.

I absolutely hate SJW bullchit, it's to the point where my gf and I have been in countless very heated arguments about social issues to the point of almost breaking up because she's far left and is a very big SJW. And even with all of that, I still DO NOT GIVE A FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARK that Ellie is a lesbian, it means nothing to me. It will not impact the game play one bit, it will not ruin the game for me, so while you're off beating your meat to Sargon of Akkad videos, I'll be enjoying TLOU2

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No you and the other dorks raging about this issue are incels because you are THIS mad about a character in a FICTIONAL VIDEO GAME being a lesbian. You all think that this game is going to be completely ruined because Ellie isn't straight, do you see how crazy that sounds? What do you think the entire game is going to be Ellie tonguing girls asses non-stop and going off on 20 minute monologues about how white men are the devil? Naughty Dog is a great publisher, the first TLOU was amazing, and this one looks great too... The fact that you disregard that because BUT SHES A LESBIAN! is what you're an incel, not because you disagree with me.

I absolutely hate SJW bullchit, it's to the point where my gf and I have been in countless very heated arguments about social issues to the point of almost breaking up because she's far left and is a very big SJW. And even with all of that, I still DO NOT GIVE A FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARK that Ellie is a lesbian, it means nothing to me. It will not impact the game play one bit, it will not ruin the game for me, so while you're off beating your meat to Sargon of Akkad videos, I'll be enjoying TLOU2
    Pics of gf?

SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

First paragraph. There goes that. Also you don't know what incel means.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1589550291

Second paragraph.
    I don't know who Sargon of Akkad is.

I'm literally just calling it what it is, putting the gameplay itself aside, reading the buzz about the game (look up the boy/girl whatever it is that plays the Asian character) and knowing who Druckmann is, it's clear there is agenda pushing and normalization at work. Just calling it what it is and some of you guys are as outraged over that as the people you're mocking for being outraged over this game. lmao
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First paragraph. There goes that. Also you don't know what incel means.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1589550291

Second paragraph.
    I don't know who Sargon of Akkad is.

I'm literally just calling it what it is, putting the gameplay itself aside, reading the buzz about the game (look up the boy/girl whatever it is that plays the Asian character) and knowing who Druckmann is, it's clear there is agenda pushing and normalization at work. Just calling it what it is and some of you guys are as outraged over that as the people you're mocking for being outraged over this game. lmao
    Your not calling it what it is though. Your calling it what you think it is. I made this point earlier. You are saying its normalizing it, whereas we are saying its already normal and not a big deal.

In terms of the VA, you could have been more clear on the point you were trying to make. Its a crap point though. Who cares if the VA is a transgender? Who am I to say they can't lead the life they want? These people have always existed in one form or another for pretty much ever, why is it a problem now that they are coming out of the shadows? Its ok for them to have a job, as long as it doesn't involve a camera?
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line
    Love Isn't Always On Time.

E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To be honest, the only difference that the Asian char being a trans is going to make is now butwhowasfeel will have fresh jerk off material
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Your not calling it what it is though. Your calling it what you think it is. I made this point earlier. You are saying its normalizing it, whereas we are saying its already normal and not a big deal.

In terms of the VA, you could have been more clear on the point you were trying to make. Its a crap point though. Who cares if the VA is a transgender? Who am I to say they can't lead the life they want? These people have always existed in one form or another for pretty much ever, why is it a problem now that they are coming out of the shadows? Its ok for them to have a job, as long as it doesn't involve a camera?
    I am calling it how it is, it's not normal and it never has been. Additionally, the endeavor to normalize it in the modern era and years leading up to this current state has unprecedented effort and money behind it. That's where the friction stems from, it's being infused into mainstream media disproportionately with relation to the extreme minority it represents whereas those who make up the majority do not want it in their entertainment and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Alternative literature has existed for a long time and it was proportionate to its consumer base.

I think the voice actor is also the actor they pulled the character mapping from, but I could be wrong on the latter. I don't think any one cares if the voice actor / actor is a transvestite, but look at all the buzz surrounding that fact and then take into consideration the extreme views held by a lot of big names/position holders (i.e. Neil Druckmann) that plague the video game business as a whole and it becomes another piece in finishing that puzzle. People refusing to accept this in their entertainment and telling others they can't be transvestites, or lead the lives they want otherwise, are two completely different matters.

I'll reiterate that the game will probably be just fine and a well written story will unfold very nicely. Whether or not there are political statements throughout the game play remains to be seen.

To be honest, the only difference that the Asian char being a trans is going to make is now butwhowasfeel will have fresh jerk off material
    Unaware on butwhowasfeel's tastes. Would have gone with MadvillainNY instead.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

I am calling it how it is, it's not normal and it never has been. Additionally, the endeavor to normalize it in the modern era and years leading up to this current state has unprecedented effort and money behind it. That's where the friction stems from, it's being infused into mainstream media disproportionately with relation to the extreme minority it represents whereas those who make up the majority do not want it in their entertainment and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Alternative literature has existed for a long time and it was proportionate to its consumer base.
    You state an opinion as if were a fact. Its not. You state that people that dont want it in there media are the majority, and thats blatantly false as well. They might be the loudest, but they are clearly not a majority. Just because we straight people are the majority, it in no way means that everyone of us think the same as you. Over and over a few people (calm, instant, you) make this argument. The majority don't give a fawk at all. If they see something they dont care for, they just ignore it. I dont care for cross dressing anymore, so i avoid rupaul's shows. I dont care that she has shows. Good for her. Theres more than enough room for everyone.

I think the voice actor is also the actor they pulled the character mapping from, but I could be wrong on the latter. I don't think any one cares if the voice actor / actor is a transvestite, but look at all the buzz surrounding that fact and then take into consideration the extreme views held by a lot of big names/position holders (i.e. Neil Druckmann) that plague the video game business as a whole and it becomes another piece in finishing that puzzle. People refusing to accept this in their entertainment and telling others they can't be transvestites, or lead the lives they want otherwise, are two completely different matters.
    What you are saying is tantamount to, you can live your life any way you please as long as it doesn't offend me, which is horesh**. There, again, is literally an unending amount of media. Just avoid what you dont care for, its that simple. If Curt Schilling wanted to make a game based on his right wing nutjob life. Good for him, ill simply skip that one.

I do want to atleast give you credit for trying to make a case without sounding like a crazy conspiracy theory jackass like others before you.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    awww yeeeeeeee

another one for my spank bank
    pm me ur pics and ill rep u haha jk no homo lol haha no but srsly pls pm me ur pics haha just glutes and maybe face haha no homo again lol just kidding kinda not rly lol pls send them

sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't care as much for the lesbian **** as others do, but I hope this game is more than being in love, girl dies, Ellie goes on revenge until she kills leader, the end. It would be nice to learn more about the origins of the entire outbreak or something new about the society as its progressing, **** like that. I hate it when zombie stories, like Walking Dead, just end up being about "surviving." Gets boring and repetitive to me.

CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CalmWind has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I lay my head down for the last time and take my final breaths, I will know that I always spoke out for what was right, what was good, and honored my ancestors.

I hope you all fail on your brainwashed "its okay for a man to be feminine and for women to pretend to be men" goals. You're prisoners of your time and culture, and parrot whatever they tell you to parrot.
    Last edited by CalmWind; 10-13-2019 at 07:37 AM.
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me." - Psalm 23

Toxic Masculinity crew.
    Pureblood crew.
    Wholesome crew.

Originally Posted by CalmWind View Post
    When I lay my head down for the last time and take my final breaths, I will know that I always spoke out for what was right, what was good, and honored my ancestors.

I hope you all fail on your brainwashed "its okay for a man to be feminine and for women to pretend to be men" goals. You're prisoners of your time and culture, and parrot whatever they tell you to parrot.
    Lol, welcome back. When i die, ill be remembered for my good deeds and the life or service to others ive lived. Not for fighting for hate and archaic ideals of other peoples places in society or calling homosexuality a defect.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Originally Posted by sickserratus View Post
    I don't care as much for the lesbian **** as others do, but I hope this game is more than being in love, girl dies, Ellie goes on revenge until she kills leader, the end. It would be nice to learn more about the origins of the entire outbreak or something new about the society as its progressing, **** like that. I hate it when zombie stories, like Walking Dead, just end up being about "surviving." Gets boring and repetitive to me.
    Isnt that the same thing?
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

You state an opinion as if were a fact. Its not. You state that people that dont want it in there media are the majority, and thats blatantly false as well. They might be the loudest, but they are clearly not a majority. Just because we straight people are the majority, it in no way means that everyone of us think the same as you. Over and over a few people (calm, instant, you) make this argument. The majority don't give a fawk at all. If they see something they dont care for, they just ignore it. I dont care for cross dressing anymore, so i avoid rupaul's shows. I dont care that she has shows. Good for her. Theres more than enough room for everyone.

What you are saying is tantamount to, you can live your life any way you please as long as it doesn't offend me, which is horesh**. There, again, is literally an unending amount of media. Just avoid what you dont care for, its that simple. If Curt Schilling wanted to make a game based on his right wing nutjob life. Good for him, ill simply skip that one.

I do want to atleast give you credit for trying to make a case without sounding like a crazy conspiracy theory jackass like others before you.
    I'm just stating what I observe to be true, look at Marvel's sales numbers for example. When they started infusing their well established comic books with this stuff the sales declined. No one was asking for it, if they weren't asking for it then no one wants it. That's just one example, take another example in that Ghostbusters all female cast remake, that flopped, the Oceans 11 (or whatever the number was) flopped too. As far as Rupaul's shows, that's fine, but if Rupaul's shows started showing up in the next Halo game, or next Godzilla movie then I'm sure people would take issue with it. Look at the Star Wars franchise and how that hit a major decline. I'm glad that Rupaul has a show, or shows for those who enjoy that stuff, I couldn't care any less about it, but I don't want to see his show, or clips of it in Sci-Fi movie X, in James Bond movie X, etc., nor do the majority of people that make up the fan base for intellectual property X. When there is lots of money being lost and they're still pushing the very same things that caused the loss of revenue and loss on ROI, it's agenda pushing 101.

Even then, there is one thing that this game franchise has, in that it had the controversial character elements woven into it from the beginning. One thing I can respect is that it was organic and it was that way from the start, so in fairness I think that has to be observed and considered. It still looks to be normalizing something that is in an extreme minority, but it's not guilty of the retcon jobs I mentioned above. This is just calling it what it is and the perspective can be subjective. To some, it's normal in their own individual experience in their respective lives, but to many more, it is not.

On the second point, that's not true at all. How does refusal to accept any particular subject in entertainment, following through by not supporting 'Product X' with money/consumption and moving on to something else that doesn't contain elements I dislike equate to "You can live your life any way you please as long as it doesn't offend me?"

Finally, likewise, I am enjoying the discussing with you. Thanks.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm just stating what I observe to be true, look at Marvel's sales numbers for example. When they started infusing their well established comic books with this stuff the sales declined. No one was asking for it, if they weren't asking for it then no one wants it. That's just one example, take another example in that Ghostbusters all female cast remake, that flopped, the Oceans 11 (or whatever the number was) flopped too. As far as Rupaul's shows, that's fine, but if Rupaul's shows started showing up in the next Halo game, or next Godzilla movie then I'm sure people would take issue with it. Look at the Star Wars franchise and how that hit a major decline. I'm glad that Rupaul has a show, or shows for those who enjoy that stuff, I couldn't care any less about it, but I don't want to see his show, or clips of it in Sci-Fi movie X, in James Bond movie X, etc., nor do the majority of people that make up the fan base for intellectual property X. When there is lots of money being lost and they're still pushing the very same things that caused the loss of revenue and loss on ROI, it's agenda pushing 101.

Even then, there is one thing that this game franchise has, in that it had the controversial character elements woven into it from the beginning. One thing I can respect is that it was organic and it was that way from the start, so in fairness I think that has to be observed and considered. It still looks to be normalizing something that is in an extreme minority, but it's not guilty of the retcon jobs I mentioned above. This is just calling it what it is and the perspective can be subjective. To some, it's normal in their own individual experience in their respective lives, but to many more, it is not.

On the second point, that's not true at all. How does refusal to accept any particular subject in entertainment, following through by not supporting 'Product X' with money/consumption and moving on to something else that doesn't contain elements I dislike equate to "You can live your life any way you please as long as it doesn't offend me?"

Finally, likewise, I am enjoying the discussing with you. Thanks.
    Normalizing something.... Your bigotry seems so effortless and natural.

Marvels idea to make their lead characters minorities was problematic from the start because they discarded the previous characters. If they made Falcon into someone as important as Captain America, it would have been fine. Miles Morales has been fine as spider-man because Peter Parker was still around, just in a separate series. People would point to sales of Jane Foster Thor being less than Thor Odinson, but OG Thor is a legacy character. My biggest problem was that they should have made Jane Fosters (or Falcon, or Riri Williams etc) character as important as Thor, not and Thor. Thats were people pushed back. Why cant we have both? Make Falcon the leader of the Avengers. He doesnt need to be Captain America.
    Here is an article that talks about sales vs diversity. It points out that sales are slower for these lesser known characters, which you would expect. I know who Peter Parker is, I dont know who Miles Morales is. Therefore Im more likely to buy a Peter Parker issue (again, its not that its a diversity. Its that its a different character that I dont know). The other point that it the more diverse characters sell way better in trade form compared to month to month issues (I personally enjoy the trade versions more, I like having the complete story to read compared to waiting for the next part).
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-divers...-single-issue/
    another article that points out the diverse comics sold well compared to the old guard comics.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...s-woes/527127/

Oceans 8, made 300 million on a budget of 70 million. Oceans 11 made 450 on 85. Your point is solid, until you look further. Oceans 12 and 13 made less money than 11. Each movie in the series made less money than the movie before (450 for 11, 362 for 12, 311 for 13, 297 for 8.) 8 actually had the lowest drop off from the previous movie.

Feel free to point out the remakes that actually make alot more money than the originals? Hollywood is obsessed with remakes or unnecessary sequels (A Good Day To Die Hard anyone? Rambo 17 anyone?). Some work, most dont regardless if they become diverse or not. The Magnificent Seven was a remake that bombed. If that movie was released in 2000, we would have ate it up.

You seem to think that the majority of people would disagree with homosexuality. I would counter with thats only true regionally. If I live in an area where Im exposed to this more often, then its normal to me. The same could be said about race. There are parts of this country that a black man cant walk down a street without being leered at or someone saying/doing something that makes them uncomfortable. And maybe thats true for me too. Its normal to me, because of my experience. I can only speak to that. Its abnormal to you because of your experience and you can only speak to that.

Its the refusal to accept line.
    Last edited by E-Go; 10-13-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I still want to know how she got the scar across her eyebrow.

Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    Normalizing something.... Your bigotry seems so effortless and natural.
    Allow me to clarify. Normal is what the majority is and the opposite is not normal, very simple concept. I can say the same about mutations, they are not normal. Just because they occur and exist does not mean they are normal.

Marvels idea to make their lead characters minorities was problematic from the start because they discarded the previous characters. If they made Falcon into someone as important as Captain America, it would have been fine. Miles Morales has been fine as spider-man because Peter Parker was still around, just in a separate series. People would point to sales of Jane Foster Thor being less than Thor Odinson, but OG Thor is a legacy character. My biggest problem was that they should have made Jane Fosters (or Falcon, or Riri Williams etc) character as important as Thor, not and Thor. Thats were people pushed back. Why cant we have both? Make Falcon the leader of the Avengers. He doesnt need to be Captain America.
    Here is an article that talks about sales vs diversity. It points out that sales are slower for these lesser known characters, which you would expect. I know who Peter Parker is, I dont know who Miles Morales is. Therefore Im more likely to buy a Peter Parker issue (again, its not that its a diversity. Its that its a different character that I dont know). The other point that it the more diverse characters sell way better in trade form compared to month to month issues (I personally enjoy the trade versions more, I like having the complete story to read compared to waiting for the next part).
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-divers...-single-issue/
    another article that points out the diverse comics sold well compared to the old guard comics.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...s-woes/527127/

Oceans 8, made 300 million on a budget of 70 million. Oceans 11 made 450 on 85. Your point is solid, until you look further. Oceans 12 and 13 made less money than 11. Each movie in the series made less money than the movie before (450 for 11, 362 for 12, 311 for 13, 297 for 8.) 8 actually had the lowest drop off from the previous movie.

Feel free to point out the remakes that actually make alot more money than the originals? Hollywood is obsessed with remakes or unnecessary sequels (A Good Day To Die Hard anyone? Rambo 17 anyone?). Some work, most dont regardless if they become diverse or not. The Magnificent Seven was a remake that bombed. If that movie was released in 2000, we would have ate it up.

You seem to think that the majority of people would disagree with homosexuality. I would counter with thats only true regionally. If I live in an area where Im exposed to this more often, then its normal to me. The same could be said about race. There are parts of this country that a black man cant walk down a street without being leered at or someone saying/doing something that makes them uncomfortable. And maybe thats true for me too. Its normal to me, because of my experience. I can only speak to that. Its abnormal to you because of your experience and you can only speak to that.

Its the refusal to accept line.
    Marvel's diversity push actually did hurt their sales, (https://thefederalist.com/2017/04/25...#disqus_thread) were there other factors involved? Sure, I'm not opposed to that, but the diversity push made a bad situation worse.

As far as Ocean's 8 goes, it was still a flop. It did well domestically, and outperformed the weaker of the Ocean's films, but it had the smallest budget. Worldwide, however, the other films outperformed Ocean's 8. The Ocean's 8 budget helped it out in its performance numbers.

The refusal to accept line is the same thing as avoiding what you don't care for which you posted earlier. If I don't care for something, I have obviously not accepted it in my entertainment and have chosen to vote with my money.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

Marvel's diversity push actually did hurt their sales, (https://thefederalist.com/2017/04/25...#disqus_thread) were there other factors involved? Sure, I'm not opposed to that, but the diversity push made a bad situation worse.
    This is a clearly one sided view that again misses a major contributing factors. He cherry picks from
    https://www.cbr.com/no-diversity-did...s-comic-sales/
    without actually reading the article that shows other factors that were just as bad if not worse (releasing 6 #1 comics a month, relaunching series as #1s without changing anything aka just restarting the same series with the same writers). He literally quotes the from the article and leaves off the last sentence in the paragraph.

Originally Posted by cbr
    More broadly, series with "diverse" leads accounted for 40 of the 104 series launched or relaunched post-"Secret Wars," approximately 38.5 percent. Of these 40 series, 15 (37.5 percent) have been canceled, slightly below the 40.4-percent cancellation rate since October 2015. This is not because "diverse" series are being given a pass; the average sales at cancellation for all axed series was 14,342, while it was 13,648 for "diverse" series, a difference entirely attributable to the end of books like "International Iron Man" and "All-New Hawkeye" that were selling fewer than 20,000 copies when their runs ended as planned.
    also

Originally Posted by cbr
    Having dug into the data, it's become clear that diversity is not hurting Marvel. The truth is, Marvel's "diverse" titles actually sell decently. The problem, instead, appears to be a hollowing-out of Marvel's traditional A-List, titles whose sales have dropped by tens of thousands of copies in the past few years. Especially painful has been the collapse of X-Men sales, which once made up Marvel's bread and butter, though the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy lines have also seen a major declines since "Secret Wars." Blaming "diversity" only goes so far when it is series about white men and teams of white men that have been dropping the furthest.

As far as Ocean's 8 goes, it was still a flop. It did well domestically, and outperformed the weaker of the Ocean's films, but it had the smallest budget. Worldwide, however, the other films outperformed Ocean's 8. The Ocean's 8 budget helped it out in its performance numbers.
    If you look at the numbers, this isn't really true. Oceans 8 had a budget of 70 mill (from wikipedia, none of these numbers take in marketing as far as I know, but the marketing budget should be similar and if it isn't, that's a problem.) whereas the other 3 had budgets of 85, 115, 85. The budget wasn't that far different from the first and third installments. Yes, it did weaker over seas ($158 vs $267, $237, $194) that actually goes back to my point that every movie in that series made less and less. Oceans 8 did 15 mill less with a 15 mill less budget. Its not a big of a flop as you've made it out to be. You need another example.

The refusal to accept line is the same thing as avoiding what you don't care for which you posted earlier. If I don't care for something, I have obviously not accepted it in my entertainment and have chosen to vote with my money.
    The way you word it "refusal to accept" makes it sound like you are against it and the people that it represents. Its just worded poorly I guess.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Allow me to clarify. Normal is what the majority is and the opposite is not normal, very simple concept. I can say the same about mutations, they are not normal. Just because they occur and exist does not mean they are normal.
    Again, so effortless and natural. Were you raised by a family who is bigoted against homosexuality?

Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Was as page of this thread deleted?

There were 16 pages, and I had a post on it. now that whole page and my post are gone.
    *Dallas Cowboys Crew*
    *Eats Pizza Crust Crew*
    *Eats the Booty Crew*
    *HTC Certified*
    *Rawdog Crew* *Vasectomy Crew*
    *From Fat to Dad Bod, still trying to improve Crew*
    *Always Picks 4 Crew*

Fukin mall cop neg police of piss

This is a clearly one sided view that again misses a major contributing factors. He cherry picks from
    https://www.cbr.com/no-diversity-did...s-comic-sales/
    without actually reading the article that shows other factors that were just as bad if not worse (releasing 6 #1 comics a month, relaunching series as #1s without changing anything aka just restarting the same series with the same writers). He literally quotes the from the article and leaves off the last sentence in the paragraph.

also

If you look at the numbers, this isn't really true. Oceans 8 had a budget of 70 mill (from wikipedia, none of these numbers take in marketing as far as I know, but the marketing budget should be similar and if it isn't, that's a problem.) whereas the other 3 had budgets of 85, 115, 85. The budget wasn't that far different from the first and third installments. Yes, it did weaker over seas ($158 vs $267, $237, $194) that actually goes back to my point that every movie in that series made less and less. Oceans 8 did 15 mill less with a 15 mill less budget. Its not a big of a flop as you've made it out to be. You need another example.

The way you word it "refusal to accept" makes it sound like you are against it and the people that it represents. Its just worded poorly I guess.
    Huh, interesting. After looking into the Marvel thing a little more it looks like their real problem was pandering outside of their core audience while alienating them.

As far as Ocean's 8, it's not a massive flop, but it was still poor. I'll stick with Ghostbusters 2016 then.

Refusal to accept is the same thing as not supporting the product, or story elements, or whatever it is. Going back to the Curt Schilling example, not supporting it is because you do not accept it for yourself and you don't want to spend your money on it which can be misconstrued as you are against it and the people it represents, but they've got as much of a case as any one else does. What I'm getting at, is there is nothing wrong with completely rejecting something that doesn't conform to what you like, that is your right as an individual with free will. For a hypothetical, if you refuse to buy a game because every one in the game is a straight, white male, or black, or Indian, or Asian, or whatever and that is the only reason, there's nothing wrong with that, you have the right to make that decision. In the same thought, those who will not buy this game for one reason, or another, are not wrong for it. We can politely go back and forth, but ultimately, I think this topic becomes moot after a certain point, people are never going to agree on everything. However, civil discourse is always good because though it, there is the opportunity to pick up new perspectives, I actually really thought that Marvel's sales woes stemmed directly from their diversity push.

Again, so effortless and natural. Were you raised by a family who is bigoted against homosexuality?
    You don't know what words mean. Have a great day.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

You don't know what words mean. Have a great day.
    I'll take that as a yes.

I'll take that as a yes.
    Ignorance is bliss, so go right ahead.
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The game looks decent. I probably won't get it as I rage quit Last Of Us 1 pretty early in the game. I was enjoying it, but those damn clickers were annoying the fukk out of me. I ended up uninstalling.

Originally Posted by xoyr View Post
    The game looks decent. I probably won't get it as I rage quit Last Of Us 1 pretty early in the game. I was enjoying it, but those damn clickers were annoying the fukk out of me. I ended up uninstalling.
    Turn down difficulty? Really shame to miss out on the best game ever made.

xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xoyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Turn down difficulty? Really shame to miss out on the best game ever made.
    I'll probably do that. It was just one of those impulsive decisions when I was already fed up.
    Currently installing World War Z, should be installed within an hour or so. Will give that a good bash and then try Last Of Us again.

Not yet.... BUT SOOOOOOOOOON
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is going to be great ego I can’t wAit wooooo!
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xoyr View Post

Play on easy. I'm going through a quick play of the game, both to get into the hype and also show my girl the game.... The game still punishes you a little bit even on easy, but its far more forgiving from my original Hard playthrough.

Uncharted is super easy on the explorer mode though .... I wish TLOU had an explorer mode so more people can experience the story.
    Sig line can't be a novel