squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) squashinit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Shoulder Pain and a Beginner Routine

Hi guys. I've been out of the gym for 2 years, but recently decided to begin the Fierce 5 routine. The problem is my right shoulder. I get pain in it whenever I do any kind of pressing exercise, no matter how light the weight is or how strict my form is. I think its my rotator cuff but am not sure. When I last lifted I was in high school, and didn't focus much on building a balanced physique. (Didn't adequately train rear delts or rhomboids in relation to how much I benched.) Now the question is will I be able to get back to pain free pressing if I forego it for the first few months and put that time towards building up my back and rear delts?

If anybody has had a similar experience please let me know how it went and what you did.

Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitness0101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by squashinit View Post
    Hi guys. I've been out of the gym for 2 years, but recently decided to begin the Fierce 5 routine. The problem is my right shoulder. I get pain in it whenever I do any kind of pressing exercise, no matter how light the weight is or how strict my form is. I think its my rotator cuff but am not sure. When I last lifted I was in high school, and didn't focus much on building a balanced physique. (Didn't adequately train rear delts or rhomboids in relation to how much I benched.) Now the question is will I be able to get back to pain free pressing if I forego it for the first few months and put that time towards building up my back and rear delts?

If anybody has had a similar experience please let me know how it went and what you did.
    Sounds like you tore your rotator cuff.

In which case, the only solution is rest - for up to a year.
    Even then, it will likely give more problems for 10 years or more, with 3 to 5 years or longer of some pain or numbness.

I recommend to see a physical therapist. Even just a session or two at 50 to 100 per hour could be very worth it.

Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alan21 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have had something similar happen to me. I was OHP with weak form. I was sore the next day than the next day. It got to a point where I thought I pinched a nerve in my neck. I had pain in the shoulder and shooting down my arm. It isn't fixed but I have been slowly getting more answers to fix it. A physical therapist could show you some stuff to stretch it or easy the pain. If you want to keep lifting you need to get seen and get the ball rolling. I injured myself in November and still trying to get an answer on how to fix the issue.