Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question Asking Misc for lifting advice (100% srs ) (pics) (newbie)

I need serious help regarding lifting. So far I have tried everything but clearly i'm still doing something wrong, judging by the way my body looks. I have been lifting for roughly 2 years now, granted 1.5 of those I had minimal idea of what I was doing. I'm not blaming my genetics, but I am blaming my minimal knowledge. If any of you could help me figure out how I could work towards my ideal body, then that would be highly appreciated and you'll be repped for life, not that reps really matter eitherway.

My stats:

Bodyweight: 80kg
    Bodyfat: according to calipers 12% but judging by the mirror I would say 18%
    Height: 186cm

Overheadpress: 60kgx1
    Benchpress 60kgx2 ( DYEL )
    Squat 80kgx5 (DYEL x2 )
    Deadlift 120kgx3 ( SAD )
    Barbell Bent Over Row 70kgx3
    Chin ups: BWx3 ( barely )

My body pics: https://imgur.com/a/IOPu4A6

I also was wondering, whether or not its possible to somehow close the gap inbetween my chest since rn the gap is rather huge.
    Also whether or not I am skinny fat or just fat.

My ideal body would be:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=male+...bV2GpSK0fMD1M:

Just copy paste that into google, I have no idea how to embed pics.

My diet is rather ****. I am constnatly stuck between whether or not I should cut or bulk. Right now i'm cutting trying to get a six pack.

My diet consists of rougly 1000-1500calories a day with roughly 60-80grams of protein.

If any of you could give me advice as to how I could achieve my ideal body, and answer my other 2 questions then that would be much appreciated. I know im still doing alot wrong, but thats why I asked the admin to lift my ban so I could seek help out from you bros.

Also mods, please don't remove this thread and put it on Teen misc due to my age. This is a serious thread and I am really seeking out help. Teen misc is about as dead as female misc. So if you must, please put this thread in a different category.

I appreciate the effort/help

Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Andre3000FA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I forgot to mention, if any of you know a good routine that causes a good amount of hyperthrophy in chest and arms ( especially since my arms are insanely DYEL ) then I would like to pick that routine up. Since both seem to be the most lacking parts of my body. Appreciate it.

truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    only difference between your body at that "ideal" body is bf%

you're still just holding quite a bit of bf and by now you should realise thats all down to your nutrition diet and minor cardio (though you can do weighted based circuit stuf)

also not sure how your bench is that close to your standing OHP...seems like you might not even be activating your chest whilst benching.

if you're doing the main big compounds and focusing on getting stronger / linear progression. You don't need advice on what lifts to do. Though you may have questionable form.

Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
    only difference between your body at that "ideal" body is bf%

you're still just holding quite a bit of bf and by now you should realise thats all down to your nutrition diet and minor cardio (though you can do weighted based circuit stuf)

also not sure how your bench is that close to your standing OHP...seems like you might not even be activating your chest whilst benching.

if you're doing the main big compounds and focusing on getting stronger / linear progression. You don't need advice on what lifts to do. Though you may have questionable form.
    Yes for majority of my lifting career I had neglected the bench press and had been focusing mainly on the OHP. Which caused for my OHP to get stronger than my bench, or atleast around the same weight. My OHP form isn't perfect yet as I still tend to sometimes not engage my glutes, or have the bar travel a bit infront of me. I indeed do have alot of trouble activating my chest in any chest exercises, so i'm trying to work on that aswell. Appreciate it man, repped.

nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nm1891 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just lift heavy on your compounds and eat your veggies. Youre a novice at this point so no sense overthinking things. Just be consistent and patient and the results will come. Cut down a bit more so you look decent and go from there.
    S/B/Dā€”185/165/205 (sumo w/ straps)

truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000) truthhurts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Andre3000FA View Post
    Yes for majority of my lifting career I had neglected the bench press and had been focusing mainly on the OHP. Which caused for my OHP to get stronger than my bench, or atleast around the same weight. My OHP form isn't perfect yet as I still tend to sometimes not engage my glutes, or have the bar travel a bit infront of me. I indeed do have alot of trouble activating my chest in any chest exercises, so i'm trying to work on that aswell. Appreciate it man, repped.
    unless you drastically need to be lean...don't obsess on cutting the fat though. Not yet, as you're in early stages of lifting and you'll want to get as much strength and muscle out of your "beginner" gains as you can. Cutting to intensely will interfere with that...sure you can drop cals a little and slowly but surely the bf% will get better. Just don't go over the top with loads of cardio / restrictive diet.

watch a load of youtube vids for bench form. I feel like you likely aren't activating your back whilst benching either, which is a key part of actually getting your body to use the chest. Upper back and lat tightness. Essentially imagine rowing the bar down to your lower nipple area. Whilst keeping your chest as pushed out/pushed towards the cieling as you can and tucking elbows as needed.

You can definitely see your shoulders are developed wayyy more relative to your chest. So you're going to have to work on keeping them back and down whilst benching or they'll just take over.

again youtube how to get better at chin ups. Pretty much just do the reps you can with good form (chest up, back activated, no hunching over at the top, keep body ridged with glutes/abs). Then throw in sets of 8 with slow negatives

Originally Posted by nm1891 View Post
    Just lift heavy on your compounds and eat your veggies. Youre a novice at this point so no sense overthinking things. Just be consistent and patient and the results will come. Cut down a bit more so you look decent and go from there.
    Appreciate it man.

unless you drastically need to be lean...don't obsess on cutting the fat though. Not yet, as you're in early stages of lifting and you'll want to get as much strength and muscle out of your "beginner" gains as you can. Cutting to intensely will interfere with that...sure you can drop cals a little and slowly but surely the bf% will get better. Just don't go over the top with loads of cardio / restrictive diet.

watch a load of youtube vids for bench form. I feel like you likely aren't activating your back whilst benching either, which is a key part of actually getting your body to use the chest. Upper back and lat tightness. Essentially imagine rowing the bar down to your lower nipple area. Whilst keeping your chest as pushed out/pushed towards the cieling as you can and tucking elbows as needed.

You can definitely see your shoulders are developed wayyy more relative to your chest. So you're going to have to work on keeping them back and down whilst benching or they'll just take over.

again youtube how to get better at chin ups. Pretty much just do the reps you can with good form (chest up, back activated, no hunching over at the top, keep body ridged with glutes/abs). Then throw in sets of 8 with slow negatives
    I appreciate it man. I will focus more on my chest, and try to work on my form on both exercises. In that case I will drop my caloric intake to a 500 deficit. Do you perhaps have any workout routines you could recommend to me? Since right now I just go out my way to make my own, which I don't think is the best routine out there.

Really appreciate the effort/advice man. I'll rep you again once I can.

Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Adam16121 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP starting pics:

Goal pic:

Cliffs:
    -Does OP have potential?
    -What should he do?
    I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

Update: Tried the following advice OP gave me, I felt an immense improvement in my muscle recruitment. For the first time ever I felt my entire chest contracting. I don't quite yet feel my lats working during the bench press but i'm working on it. I do however feel my upperback a bit more due to sqeeuzing the soulder blades down and against each other.

Really thankful for the advice man appreciate it.

also, I have made a new workout and was wondering if it's okay.

Upper/Lower split

Upper: Bench press - 5x5 1.5min rest
    DB Chest flies - 3x15 1min rest
    OHP 3x8 - 1.5min rest ( decided to up the rep range, I noticed that my shoulders respond alot more to low reps hence why I decided to up them a bit so my shoulders won't overpower my chest too much.
    Lateral raises - 3x12 1min rest
    Skull crushers - 3x8 1min rest
    Negative chin ups - 4xTill failure 1min rest
    Lat pull downs - 3x6 1.5min rest
    Bicep curls - 4x12 45sec rest
    Face pulls - 3x8 1min rest

Lower: Squat 5x5 - 2min rest
    Barbell hip thrust - 5x5 2min rest
    Deadlift - 1x5

I will change the routine up once in a while once I get stronger on my compound lifts.

Edit: I will also update my lifts every 2 weeks, and share progress pics every 4 weeks. And max out on my lifts every 4 weeks.