View Poll Results: Have you been propositioned via Direct Message?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I am female and have been propositioned for sexting on DM

6 35.29%
  • Yes - I am male and have been propositioned for sexting.

1 5.88%
  • No - I am female & have never been propositioned.

6 35.29%
  • No - I am male & have never been propositioned.

4 23.53%
  • I have successfully fended off someone who wanted to sext via the DM option.

3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) busymomfitmom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lightbulb Ladies- SAY NO. Get that respect!

Hi Ladies! (And gentlemen too - it does happen to you too.

I don't know about you- but I think we need to empower ourselves to stand together and not allow guys or gals to sext us via DMs.

I know. I know. The attention is fun. Compliments are nice. But let's be serious. If they are not sincere - we don't need it. It's fake. It's a lie. It's exploiting and objectifying us as women or men for that matter - a bodyspace friend told me about what he gets via DM. . It is also VERY easy to go down that slippery slope - suddenly feeling like you shared your deepest thoughts - only to feel betrayed.

So - what have you done that has worked to fend off a "sexting predator"?

I'll start:
    A member sent me a DM - he was very complimentary (of course) - and shortly thereafter it led to increasingly sexual comments and trying to push into sexting. I stood my ground with "no". He kept up with how much he likes me *eye roll* and how he wants to visit. I told him logistically it made no sense. So you'll visit - what once? You need to find someone who is convenient to you. There's no way this will work. What on earth do you like about me? We just met! We barely know the basics about one another. You need to forget about wanting me. What kind of quality relationship would this be?

Hopefully you get the point!

And so on and so forth. He tried again and again. Over three days. I kept saying no. Finally he stopped. I blocked him. (I know I could have done that sooner- but frankly I was curious. How resilient is this guy? Could he be sincere?)

Ladies - empower yourself - respect yourself - SAY NO - especially if you're just not that into them - or your gut tells you so. If you're into it - fine - but if you want to empower yourself - well, think about the above examples to test the waters.
    Last edited by busymomfitmom; 06-12-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As a rule I don't respond to DM on any platform unless I know the person IRL.
    Squat - 205 lbs/Deadlift - 275 lbs/Bench - 112.5 lbs/OHP - 80 lbs