Mississauga1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Intro / Question: Why do my arms look big only when flexing?

Hello everyone, finally made an account on this forum after reading articles as a guest for sometime!

I’m 22yrs old, approximately 5’10.5” and weight at 172lbs.

I have been lifting for approximately 1 year now and am mostly happy with the results thus far. My only concern is that my arms look quite impressive when I flex but when at ease they look like noodles.. my forearms included are very thin and I can’t seem to make them appear bigger without flexing.

Before saying that tricep makes 2/3 of your arms, I want to point out that I concentrate on my triceps a lot and they are very defined (again only when flexing) but I can’t grow them.

Should I continue to just eat and bulk? Is this partly genetics? You can clearly see my 4pack when I flex but I still have a lower belly and somewhat visible love handles. My goal was to cut down to 167 then increase from there.

What do you think?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mississauga1 View Post
    Hello everyone, finally made an account on this forum after reading articles as a guest for sometime!

I’m 22yrs old, approximately 5’10.5” and weight at 172lbs.

I have been lifting for approximately 1 year now and am mostly happy with the results thus far. My only concern is that my arms look quite impressive when I flex but when at ease they look like noodles.. my forearms included are very thin and I can’t seem to make them appear bigger without flexing.

Before saying that tricep makes 2/3 of your arms, I want to point out that I concentrate on my triceps a lot and they are very defined (again only when flexing) but I can’t grow them.

Should I continue to just eat and bulk? Is this partly genetics? You can clearly see my 4pack when I flex but I still have a lower belly and somewhat visible love handles. My goal was to cut down to 167 then increase from there.

What do you think?
    Post a couple of pictures. If your body fat is a little high, your arms just wont look cut and will look more flabby. For me, a lower body fat makes arms look bigger due to more muscle definition, flexed or not.

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Post a couple of pictures. If your body fat is a little high, your arms just wont look cut and will look more flabby. For me, a lower body fat makes arms look bigger due to more muscle definition, flexed or not.
    I'm going to do intermitting fasting because I'm looking to shed around 5-6lbs of fat. I posted a picture of my arms to give you an idea. I'm worried that my arms will appear even smaller than they are right now. Also - based on the body shot picture, what do you think my BF% is? I have been guessing around 12-13?

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't waste your time with IF if you only want to drop a few pounds as it's no real benefit. Eat at a small defecit when you are hungry and protein spread out over the day. Keep lifting and making progress.
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

Originally Posted by jeffwebb28 View Post
    Your bicep peak is beautiful.
    Thanks man, I'm trying to get the overall size bigger but it's tough :/