lotusthegoon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Food Poisoning and muscle flatness - how long to recover fully?

so... recently i had food poisoning.

For about 2-4 days straight I pretty much lost immense amounts of water through diarrhea (3-4x a day) and sweating. My appetite was also non existent and anything i'd put into my stomach would make abdominal cramps that led to diarrhea worse. I know for a fact that diarrhea strips your body and muscles of any nutrients, and any incoming food's nutrients is sometimes not even processed.

i'd then wake up the next morning looking absolutely drained. My face had sunken in and my arms literally looked like they lost a good few inches, chest looked small and basically so did everything

As of now it's been 3 days since i've recovered, and i've basically been stuffing my face with carbs, drinking a crap ton of water and sports drinks. But thing is i'm still looking flat, my muscles obviously looked bigger than on the first day back but i've pretty much lost for example the roundness and fullness of my bicep. Strength wise I feel 1-3 reps less than would i could normally do in most exercises.

My question is does food poisoning deplete glycogen levels and any other substances such as creatine in the body? If so then i would understand the flatness situation more as these two factors also contribute to the 'fullness' look on muscles.
    Also how long does it take to FULLY recover from a food poisoning and was there any chance that I lost muscle? (hard to believe in 2-4 days but still)

Cheers

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just continue working out. Stop trying to make things harder. Health/life > "Gym".

p.s don't worry, you haven't lost muscles.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had noro virus last month, which is pretty similar in symptoms, I could barely keep anything down. It took about a week after it went away to feel completely back to normal in the gym. I don’t think it’s muscle loss as just an overall stress on the body that limits your ability to generate force / endurance for lifting.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Most adults will be depleted of glycogen after 48 hours of no intake. What is your weight now compared to before you got sick? Until your weight recovers you will likely continue to lack energy. After your weight recovers give it a few days and you should be better.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I had noro virus last month, which is pretty similar in symptoms, I could barely keep anything down. It took about a week after it went away to feel completely back to normal in the gym. I don’t think it’s muscle loss as just an overall stress on the body that limits your ability to generate force / endurance for lifting.
    Norovirus sucks. I had an infant with it once who lost HALF his weight in diarrhea in one night. It was insane. I agree that it's likely the severe overall stress that takes time to recover from in addition to the dehydration.

RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10) RichardDuchon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    True story

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Most adults will be depleted of glycogen after 48 hours of no intake. What is your weight now compared to before you got sick? Until your weight recovers you will likely continue to lack energy. After your weight recovers give it a few days and you should be better.

Norovirus sucks. I had an infant with it once who lost HALF his weight in diarrhea in one night. It was insane. I agree that it's likely the severe overall stress that takes time to recover from in addition to the dehydration.
    My weight before i got sick was fluctuating around 170 - 172 pounds. Currently as of now it's 169 pounds, so i'd say the lost water weight has nearly fully been replenished. I'm just surprised and confused at the difference getting sick can have on the look of your muscles before and after despite not having lost any muscle, just water.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lotusthegoon View Post
    My weight before i got sick was fluctuating around 170 - 172 pounds. Currently as of now it's 169 pounds, so i'd say the lost water weight has nearly fully been replenished. I'm just surprised and confused at the difference getting sick can have on the look of your muscles before and after despite not having lost any muscle, just water.
    I saw some weird scale fluctuations. I lost 3+ lbs from the 3-4 days I was sick, weight was somewhat stable then had a week of higher scale weight. I’m dieting and tracking pretty accurately but it seemed to cause some scale anomalies that lasted longer than what it took me to feel better.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I saw some weird scale fluctuations. I lost 3+ lbs from the 3-4 days I was sick, weight was somewhat stable then had a week of higher scale weight. I’m dieting and tracking pretty accurately but it seemed to cause some scale anomalies that lasted longer than what it took me to feel better.
    totally. it's like the water you lose and gain from getting sick is different from the water you lose and gain purposely.