Satori97 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Posing hinders my recovery?

Hi guys, I am just preparing for my first contest and I wonder whether posing for like an hour or two every day can hinder recovery and adaptation response of sore muscles. There is virtually no literature, no studies done on this, or at least I am unable to find anything. I've always been a big believer in not flexing muscles at all during the rest days because that's exactly what they should do - REST, if you cut yourself with a knife, you won't cut yourself with a mini-knife afterward, you will let it heal. My trainer want's me to build up my MMC and posing ability by flexing each muscle group for 10 seconds for 10 sets every day, yet when I trained some of these muscles the day before, flexing them for so long I am afraid will negatively impact their regeneration and thus my gains. Anything welcomed.
    Last edited by Satori97; 06-08-2018 at 02:09 AM. Reason: specification

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolutely not. Pose daily as your trainer advises. Flexing a muscle gets blood into it without causing muscle breakdown. You're creating a concern that doesn't exist.

PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One to two hours of posing every day is way too much in my opinion. Yes you should practice your poses but not for that much. 15-20 min every day or every other day is plenty. These are isometric moves, I doubt there is any muscle breakdown. In moderation it will help your recovery, and help your muscles get more defined. Key work here is "moderation".

Satori97 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you guys so much! Really high-quality replies here on BB.com after all I've heard after the years, I am surprised and happy that I posted this here, really thank you very much, I will do posing but for 25 mins everyday MAX all the muscle groups, once again - thanks

PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PeterStark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Happy to help!

Baseballroids is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol no liturature....Arnold Schwarzenegger! Arnold says: Flexing and tensing your muscles throughout the day—after sets or while sitting at home—helps you get used to feeling and controlling your muscles.