Philyis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is my summer plan not right for me?

So when school let out in May, I weighed myself and was roughly 190. I told myself that this was the summer I shed my gut, and I have been highly motivated so far.

I have always been pretty active, working out on average 8-10 hours a week (combination of running and lifting). When summer started, I upped that to 15-16 hours a week. I typically run in the mornings and weight lift in the evenings after work. My current work out schedule is as follows
    Monday Pull day (deadlifts, back workouts) and a long run in the morning (Currently building up, this past monday was 6 miles at an 8 minute mile pace.)

Tuesday Push day (Bench, shoulder press) with a short run (2-3 miles at a 7 minute pace)

Wednesday Legs (Squats and such) with a core intense workout in the morning.

Thursday Another pull day (Minus deadlifts), I typically don't run thursday mornings, but I might start rowing.

Friday A ruck in the morning (walking/running with a heavy backpack) along with another push day.

I have been sticking with this pretty consistently, I occasionally will miss a morning run, but in the end I'll still workout 11+ hours a week. My diet has been very consistent too. I have been on a deficit as well as intermittent fasting. I typically eat around 22 ounces of chicken, along with a few cups of some sort of vegetables. (Throughout the day of course). I'll usually have a protein shake, and a handful of peanuts to make sure I'm getting enough fat. (A moderate handful, I know how easy it is to overeat peanuts but I remain pretty conscious about it). I'd say this is around 1500-1800 calories a day, very high in protein, decent in fat, but very low in carbs.

I've been following this consistently for about 3 weeks now, yet I've actually gained 5 pounds. I've started creatine so I think that might be a reason, but I don't feel that much more lean. Of course I do some unhealthy stuff too. Every weekend I go out with my friends, but I stay away from soda and usually just drink gin with club soda (Sounds gross, but it grows on you and is pretty low calorie wise). I also only get ~5.5-6.5 hours of sleep a night. I guess it might be worth mentioning I've been having spouts of depression (Not a cry for help, just some stressful stuff going on that I'll get over in a few weeks).

I guess my question is, does this sound like it would work? My goal was to be down to 180 without losing much muscle by late July. I've definitely gained some muscle and a lot of my lifts have gone up, but I don't think I've lost any fat in the process. I'll be happy to provide any other information that could help you guys help me. Thanks!

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Understand that you're only training properly for 2-3 months here. There's only so much visual progress you're going to make in such a small time frame so dial back on the expectations. Losing 15lbs in like 6 weeks is going to have you losing some muscle, there isn't really a way around that.

What do you squat,bench and deadlift? If you don't know your maxes, give us your working maxes.

With regard to losing weight, you can do all the cardio that you want but end of he day its just going to boil down to if you are in a caloric deficit or not. That weight gain could be due to water though.
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161