CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Why does soy make me feel so messed up?

Years ago I was eating bread that had lots of soy in it on a daily basis. Once per week I'd also have stir fry with soy sauce and sushi with soy sauce.

I slowly developed mild gyno and I started to frequently feel sick, anxious and a bit depressed tbh. Testicular pain at times too.

I went to multiple doctors for blood tests, even had my test levels done. Nothing out of the ordinary. Had an allergy test which included soy, the only thing that showed up as an allergy was dairy which I had already eliminated from my diet because it was contributing to acne.

So long story short I experimented with eliminating things from my diet which included garlic (stir fry) and fish (sushi).

Then one week I was unable to buy that specific soy bread and I had a different one. My side effects subsided a little bit, so I blamed gluten, but I soon found out that sushi and stir fry.

Fast forward a bit and I'm studying exercise science, at a seminar and a physician who works with athlete athletes says he doesn't recommend soy to his clients or those he works with. I explained my side effects (even though I said it was my mate who experienced them, not me) and he said those sides are common but often barely noticeable, he also said my mate (me) was lucky not to experience complete impotence at that point.

Now I'm well aware soy is lsnt bad as the studies say, so I'm curious as to why it would make me (and apparently some others) feel this way?

Help hugely appreciated thankyou

Edit: this isn't some anti-soy post, most people I know seem to be fine with it or not experience sides to the same extent, I just want to know what could be causing it.
    Reps on sight: MMC and vexidi

Reps on recharge or when I remember: legendofzelbrah, MikeHawkBiggums, yevgheniy

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dietary soy intake does not impact hormones to any noticeable level. Dietary soy does not contribute to gynecomastia. Anything else is simply placebo.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CUZZY is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Dietary soy intake does not impact hormones to any noticeable level. Dietary soy does not contribute to gynecomastia. Anything else is simply placebo.
    All those symptoms were just placebo despite the process of elimination making them subside and reintroduction making them come back? Right.

Im 100% certain it's soy that causes it, I just want to know why.
    Reps on sight: MMC and vexidi

Reps on recharge or when I remember: legendofzelbrah, MikeHawkBiggums, yevgheniy

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CUZZY View Post
    All those symptoms were just placebo despite the process of elimination making them subside and reintroduction making them come back? Right.

It's definitely the soy.

In the sense that the soy is providing the placebo effect.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CUZZY View Post

It's not the soy, the consumption of soy causing estrogen like effects is constantly perpetuated by the media. Unless you're consuming astronomical amounts of it, I wouldn't pin how you're feeling on it.