adeco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting down, but people keep saying I look skinny. Am I that skinny?

Hey guys!

I've been cutting for summer and have finally reached a point where I want to stay for a few weeks before bulking up again. Unfortunately, I keep getting mixed opinions from friends and family. Specifically from 2 guys which says I look skinny and should put on a few pounds. Now ofc, I've never claimed to be big, but I haven't seen myself as skinny either. I'm starting a lean bulk really soon, but it's really demotivating getting these comments from people, so I'm asking for your honest opinion, am I that skinny?

I do admit that with clothes on, I look kind of skinny, but with clothes off, I feel fine. It's so frustrating when you have worked so hard for something and all you get back is ****.
    Attached Images

Also, these guys that say this are holding onto at least 25-35 more kilos than they should. They workout and have larger arms than me, but lift less, so It's really annoying.

I try to avoid t-shirts as much as I can, because I look really weak relaxed when my arms are just laying down.

pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pogioli4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you look plenty cut enough to start bulking whenever you want to. I'd go ahead and get on.
    The important thing is to focus on what you want to look like though, not what other people think. It's not their body.
    40: 4.3s
    400m: 50.4s
    800m: 1:58.2s

Pro-Tip: always double check for errors when you post on forums.

Originally Posted by pogioli4 View Post
    you look plenty cut enough to start bulking whenever you want to. I'd go ahead and get on.
    The important thing is to focus on what you want to look like though, not what other people think. It's not their body.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and try to adapt the attitude!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by adeco View Post
    Hey guys!

I've been cutting for summer and have finally reached a point where I want to stay for a few weeks before bulking up again. Unfortunately, I keep getting mixed opinions from friends and family. Specifically from 2 guys which says I look skinny and should put on a few pounds. Now ofc, I've never claimed to be big, but I haven't seen myself as skinny either. I'm starting a lean bulk really soon, but it's really demotivating getting these comments from people, so I'm asking for your honest opinion, am I that skinny?

I do admit that with clothes on, I look kind of skinny, but with clothes off, I feel fine. It's so frustrating when you have worked so hard for something and all you get back is ****.
    Other than your legs, you look okay.

It's your physique; if you always try to please others, you're going to have a hard life.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There is a saying that natural bodybuilders can be either big, or cut, not both.

Of course you haven’t reached the peak of either yet, but you get the point.

As a guy who gained to 170 and cut to 150, all while retaining about the same LBM, I can tell you, the reaction is the same for everyone...it doesn’t matter to them how you look naked, what they see is you in clothes. A well muscled frame at 19% body fat looks “big” to people...the same LBM at 10% looks skinny, and since you lose weight in your face, people often ask if you are, or have recently been, sick.

I experienced it myself, and have read a ton of posts on this forum where other people say the same.

But ultimately, you do what you do for yourself...so screw em all (except your SO).

Tangent: Check out Men’s Apt. 9 T-shirts at Kohls. They are athletic fit for slim guys. Don’t go too “tight”, but they form fit, are snug and short in the sleeves, and show that you have a muscular build even when lean...without looking like your trying too hard to show people.

blumg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, i love your physique. That's kind of what i want to go for, that lean, cut look.
    what're your stats right now currently?

tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000) tanksoldier is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are part of other people’s world, a part they don’t control.

When you change, their world changes and they don’t like that.

Also, when you are fit and cut it emphasizes how unfit and overweight they are.

Be who you want to be, don’t worry about their attempts to control their world and rationalize their lack of fitness.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by adeco View Post
    . It's so frustrating when you have worked so hard for something and all you get back is ****.

My sniveling meter just hit 47000. You said you had mixed opinions, and two people said you should gain/look skinny. Somehow you turned that into "all I get back is crap"

You have a problem, and that problem is you. You are looking for other people to give you self worth. When we become adults that self value comes primarily from within. If you move yourself around on the whims and opinions of others you are laying your foundation on shifting sands. What's worse you can easily be manipulated to give up on your principles because you don't habe them clearly defined.

Its good you are asking for unbiased opinions here, but you need to set your own goals. Maybe sit down one day and write them down, along with your core values, and your objectives.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    those are real skinny legs and your shoulders arent too great . . . you do look like a skinny guy who just works abs and arms.

Nothing some squats, cleans, and OHPs can fix

username23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm right there with you. Insane that when I was at 20% body fat all I got were compliments from people that I'm buff, people would seek advice from me and family members would touch my arms at parties and ask me to flex. In reality with my shirt off I looked fat as **** and pudgy. Now I am 10 percent, veins popping through my arms and visible six pack. I like how I look with my shirt off but now days everyone is telling me I'm losing so much weight and that I'm skinny. I used to get bothered by it but now I just tell them " oh yeah, I wanted to get more trim and light, it makes feel great".

People who do not live this life style and dont analyze body composition like we do simply do not have the eye fir identifying which is actually fit and who's not. I'm in my late 30s now and I've settled to the conclusion I like being lean and light instead of thick and feeling like crap but gaining compliments. It's not about what others think, I just really love putting on pants that fit and not feeling like the buttons are hanging on for dear life.

At least when at the gym I get compliments. The same person actually that asked me how I got so fit while at the gym saw me a couple months later and asked why I was losing so much weight...I was exactly the same though.

MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MadFrogger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think you look pretty good. Not bad muscle at all. Look super healthy. You could defs start bulking now

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by username23 View Post
    I'm right there with you. Insane that when I was at 20% body fat all I got were compliments from people that I'm buff, people would seek advice from me and family members would touch my arms at parties and ask me to flex. In reality with my shirt off I looked fat as **** and pudgy. Now I am 10 percent, veins popping through my arms and visible six pack. I like how I look with my shirt off but now days everyone is telling me I'm losing so much weight and that I'm skinny. I used to get bothered by it but now I just tell them " oh yeah, I wanted to get more trim and light, it makes feel great".

People who do not live this life style and dont analyze body composition like we do simply do not have the eye fir identifying which is actually fit and who's not. I'm in my late 30s now and I've settled to the conclusion I like being lean and light instead of thick and feeling like crap but gaining compliments. It's not about what others think, I just really love putting on pants that fit and not feeling like the buttons are hanging on for dear life.

At least when at the gym I get compliments. The same person actually that asked me how I got so fit while at the gym saw me a couple months later and asked why I was losing so much weight...I was exactly the same though.
    You're bumping a thread from two years ago. You realize that right?
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100) Daliceo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by nitefeatherz View Post
    You're bumping a thread from two years ago. You realize that right?
    Lmfaoooooo