Thread: Newbie

leo3011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi everyone, I just subscribed this forum. I'm a 17-year-old guy from Italy (so sorry for my english) and two weeks ago I started to frequent a gym. My target is to gaining mass beacause I'm very skinny (180 cm x 63 kg). I understood that I've to get a calorific surplus and now I need to set up a training program. My problem is that I suffer of s****osis, anteposed shoulders and winged shoulder blades, so probably I've a light hyperkyphosis. Anyway friday I'm going to see a orthopedist, so I'll be more accurate about the import of these problems.

Can you help me to set up a good training program for me considering that i can go to the gym 4 times a week?

Thank you!

Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100) Lightning315 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Check the Fierce 5 Novice, show it to a good doctor and talk if it is good to do it, learn proper technique(most important!), learn about how to do the program right.

If you are not over 16% bodyfat go on a lean bulk.
    Myfitnesspal is a good app to track calories.

Macros: 1,8-2g protein per kg bodyweight, 1g per kg fat or 25-35% of caloric intake, rest are carbs.
    Go on a bulk - 300-400 calories surplus and when you stop gaining weight increase them with 100-200 calories and etc.

Keep progressive overloading on compound lifts.

Do Fierce 5 till you legitimately stall on compound lifts (if you stall try deload and go again, if you stall again deload+decrease weight by 5-10% and try again, if you stall again change the program) after F5 Novice(probably do it 4-8months) you may go to F5 Intermediate then F5 Advanced or something like Madcow 5x5, after you may go to 531 or sheiko and etc.

Hope I answered your questions, if you have more ask!
    Wish you the best.

ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ASMahwah19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go find the fierce 5 novice routine in 'Workout Programs' section of the forum. Finding this will help you learn your way around the forums as a whole. Run this program exactly, until you are benching and squatting intermediate numbers (Will take months). Eat in a caloric surplus hitting your macros (find and read the stickies in the 'Nutrition' section of this forum to learn more about this).

Thank you.
    I've just seen the orthopedic and he said that I've not serious problems,but he also said that I've to avoid exercises that overload my vertebral column. In the fierce 5 novice routine there are lots of these exercises, so I was thinking that you may help me to replace the exercises whit * beside

Workout A
    Squat 3x5 *
    Bench 3x5
    Pendlay Rows 3x8 *
    Face Pulls 3x10
    Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset *

Workout B
    Front Squat 3x5 *
    Overhead Press 3x5*
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8*
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
    Ab work 2x15/Bicep curls 2x10 Superset (I don’t care what ab work you do)

Do you think that even with different exercises I will gain mass?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That's rather tricky because any time you hold a weight in your hands or support it on your shoulders, your spine is loaded. So how much is too much?

There are very few exceptions - perhaps hip belt squats, leg machines like leg press and leg extension/curl, seated calf raise.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That's rather tricky because any time you hold a weight in your hands or support it on your shoulders, your spine is loaded. So how much is too much?

There are very few exceptions - perhaps hip belt squats, leg machines like leg press and leg extension/curl, seated calf raise.
    I don't know exactly, but the orthopedic said to avoid squat, romanian deadlift and also shoulder press if I'm not wrong

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    might be worth it to find a second opinion, preferably with one the specializes its sports like a sports physio, not sure if you have access to one in your country

s****osis, winged scapula, etc suck but these are not problems that can't be fixed with good physio over the course of a few months.

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    might be worth it to find a second opinion, preferably with one the specializes its sports like a sports physio, not sure if you have access to one in your country

s****osis, winged scapula, etc suck but these are not problems that can't be fixed with good physio over the course of a few months.
    Monday I'm going to see a physiatrist and we'll see what he has to say.
    I was looking for a workout program to fix my problems and I've found this:

Day A

Pull-ups 4x6 (But at the moment I can't do them)
    Bent over row on incline bench 8-6-4
    High pulley row 10-8-6
    Postreior raises on incline bench 30° 12-10-8
    Shrugs 3x10
    Dumbbells curls 4x6
    Leg press 8-6-4

Day B

Bench press 4x6
    Dumbbell flyes on incline bench 45° 10-8-6
    Pullover 3x10
    Arnold press 12-10-8
    Upright rows 5-5-5
    Narrow Bench press 4x6

Is it okay? Maybe there are to many exercises for anterior deltoid and pectorals, what do you think about this?