ilNotch is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Operation: Finna lose some weight

Hey, I’m going to start my fat loss blog. A little background. I started lifting on and off in middle school to lose weight. I didn’t have much success until my Sophomore year of high school. Between Jr and Sr year, I got to leanest I’ve ever been (though not abs ripped— probably 15% bf) and I enjoyed the attention from the females and the freedom of being fit. My freshman year of college, I got on Prozac and BALLOONED. I went from 165 to 245 that year. It crushed my self esteem and social life. I’ve slowly lost over the past 9 years, but settled just over 200.
    Current: ~210 lbs. Probably ~25% bf.
    Goals: final body fat 9% by mid september. I figure this is around 170lbs. I want to lose ab 1.5lbs a week.
    Supps: 5-HTP – I’ve been experimenting with dosages of this and it really kills my hunger. I’ll post my dosages some day
    Creatine Monohydrate – 3.5 G daily
    ON Fish Oil – 3 Caps a day
    Calories/ Macros — I’m going to start just counting calories with a protein goal, then go from there. I use my Apple watch to get a minimum active calorie goal. I want to eat 2600 calories with 1,000 active calories burned.

I will type up my workout plan and post it during the day. I will also record my workout tonight during game 7 of the HOU/GS series.
    -Out

Thumbs up

I didn’t post my routine. Will do so tomorrow and calories and total weight.
    Incline Bench press 135x5,5,7
    Barbell Curl 60x12,4,4
    CG bench 115x8,8,8
    Lateral raises SS w/ facepuulls 15x12,12&20x12,25x12
    Squats 135x5,5,5
    Calf raises 30x10, 50x10

Good. Barbell curl has heavy warmup and wore self out. Haven't taken creative. Will tonight. Squats went light on. Been a while. Hams still fatigued. First time doing doggcrapp calf training. Dunno what to think. Did 5 count down, 10 at stretch and explode up. Overall solid WO.

Calories for day were 2585 with a bad 127 g of protein (will get that up— wasn’t the best eating). And activity was good at 1091. I will sometimes add a % of my calories back (my goal is 1k), I will post more of this.

Tues 5/29
    Hiit — sprinted 7 x30 yards with 30 secs rest. It’s hot here in Louisiana 😳

Went over in calories, will make up with today’s cardio.
    2835 Cals, 189 G protein
    Active calories were 1073 per Apple Watch.

Woke up 210.6 lbs. I imagine my starting weight will be around 210 and I’ll have my goals based off that.

May give myself an additional off day, as my whole body is sore. Will still do some liss cardio.
    I will edit the rest of my original post to have goals, macros, routine etc by the end of the night.

Thanks to all who are reading and keeping me accountable 🤙💪

This is a version of Greyskull. I’ve read most of the book. I don’t want to follow it to a T, but I like the general programming. The plus sets are a set to failure (or right before it).

Workout 1A or Monday 1
    Military Press 2x5,5; 1x5+
    High incline DB press 3x10-12
    Chinups 2x6-8
    Yates Row 2x6-8
    Squat 2x3; 1x3+
    Seated Calf Raises 2x10-20 DC method—slow decline, long pause, explode up.

Workout 2A or Wednesday 1
    Incline Barbell Bench Press 2x5, 1x5+
    Barbell Curl 2x10-12, 12+
    Close Grip Bench 2x8;1x8+
    Superset DB lateral raise with rope face pulls – 2x10-12
    Deadlift 1x5+
    Reverse BB Wrist Curls SS with BB wrist curls 2x15-20

Workout 1B or Friday 1
    Chinups 2x6-8
    Yates Row – 2x6-8
    Standing Calf Raises 2x10-20 DC method

Workout 2B or Monday 2
    Squat 2x3; 1x3+
    Seated Calf Raises 2x10-20 DC method

Workout 3A or Wednesday 2
    Chinups 2x6-8
    Yates Row 2x6-8
    Squat 2x3; 1x3+
    Reverse BB Wrist Curls SS with BB wrist curls 2x15-20

Workout 3B or Friday 2
    Standing Calf Raises 2x10-20 DC method
    Superset Hammercurls with rope pushdowns – 2x10-12

Wednesday - 5/30

Cardio - ~1:10 walking on treadmill (700 active cals) will post end of day cals.

Wednesday - 5/30
    3065 - calories 1200 Active. 185 protein.

Went over in calories yesterday, got extremely hungry while in bed and just couldnt sleep without eating.

Additional Diet Principles:
    Just some diet stuff. I'm going to add calories back for active calories above 1000. Im going to add back at a rate of 75% of the overage though. This allows me some adjustment if I eat a little extra. If i need I will adjust it back to one third or one half.

also, I do 12:12 intermittent fasting. I will try to adjust it back to 8:16, though i like to train after work (sometimes to midnight or later).

Thursday 5/31

AM weight 208.6 (-1.4)

lifted and did some slow cardio - 1424 active calories (=318 overage cals)

calories 3342 with 173 protein.
    Weight Lifting - routine 3A

Military Press - 115x5, 4, 4 - may deload on this one, but didnt have much food prior to lifting and the gym doesnt have a solid way to perform these (no standard mil press setup and the squat rack doesn angle well. May just switch to standing and go back down to 100lbs.
    Incline DB presses (high incline) - 12x35; 12x35 --- going to shoot for 38x10x2 next time using wrist weights
    chins weight 208X3,2 - ok form, will keep doing but need to add some negatives or drop into some assisted ones.
    Reverse bb wrist curl SS bb wrist curl - 30x15,15&30x15,15
    Deadlifts - 3x185, 3x235 -- working on getting form back. had no belt this time. will move to 5 rep sets soon.
    Overall B+ workout.

Friday June 1
    208.8 (-1.2)
    Kinda took a mental break. Oh well will get back on track today. 317 active cals and 4137 calories. Have to move forward. No use on trying to change yesterday.

Thanks for anyone who reads and keeps me motivated.

Sat June 2 weight 210.0 (-0)

Hey guys I fell off shortly, then I picked back up. Been pretty steady with working out. I’m just going to pickup here and maybe edit this post with a summary of the past

Wed JUNE 20

AM weight 209.2. Haven’t lost much weight but have leaned out and added creatine.

Cardio 1 hr walking on treadmill.

Calories 3007 protein 271g

Activity 1387

I’ve started just adding calories back over 1000 to my food. My calories goal is still 2600. So today was right on track.

JohnCarger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hmmm you can follow ;0

Mon AM weight

209.2 lbs

June 25 - Monday
    Did plenty of cardio. Finished with ab 1500 active cals and ate ab 2300 cals.
    Worked out. It’s my Friday 1 routine

Standing military press - one of my gyms is poorly setup for seated press. The squat racks suck for bringing in the upright bench, so I just do them standing
    120x5PR,5PR, 4 ... I may shoot for 122.t if I do standing again. I love micro plates.
    High incline bench - I do past 45
    40x10, 12.. going up on these. (Goal is 10-12)
    Chin ups 210bwx4,3 I hit 5 last week, but going up. awespme to see myself reaping something I could never do.. I do. A burnout set afterwards with rope pull down 100x12
    Yates row 125x8,8... gotta make a baby bump up with micro plates
    Seated calf raises 60x10,10 doggcrapp method... slow negative and 10 sec hold at bottom. Lights soleus on fire. Plus an added drop set of 10 reps of 35lbs to light the, on fire surely.
    Overall 8.0/10.

I’m a little frustrated with weight but I’ll post measurements and pictures tomorrow. I promise. I’ve gained muscle and it has off set my weight (with creatine too). I gotta stick to it and get on a steady numbers dropping diet.

Thanks for support! I must stay consistent updating.

Tue and wed took off lifting.

Tu26
    2905 cals
    AC 1099
    207.6 lbs

Wed27
    Protein is weak 96g
    AC 1099
    210.8 lbs

I reset my Apple Watch data and calorie readings are much lower. I’ve still hit my goals but I may adjust. And yes I need to get the comparison pictures up.

Th 6.28
    210.4lbs will post w/o shortly

Thursday 6.28
    210.4 morning weight

Dead now. Worked my ass off today in the gym (and outside). Not sustainable but ok every now and Again.
    Active calories 2132 ... I said I reset the data and it was reading lower. I think it may have Adjusting the readings again. My lifting was lower than normal, but pm cardio killed it. I ordered a polar chest heart rate monitor.
    I originally reset the data because I had some bad strength training workouts. Turns out apples heart rate sensors are not accurate when lifting for upper body. My solution, wear it on my ankle. So now it’s accurately reading my heart rate when lifting (through for convience I bought the chest HR monitor)
    Calories consumed: 2930... great consider No all the activity. I’m not crazy hungry either. I should see a nice dip in weight soon and get it to a real steady decline.

Thanks for reading!
    Cardio walked 20 mins pre lifting in morning and 60 post

I did my Mon 2 workout ( I must rename them. I just workout when I feel ready).

Incline barbell bench 150x5,5, ... moving up to 152.5
    Barbell curl 65x10,10,10 ...gonna shoot for three elevens
    CG bench 120x10,10,9 .. gonna go up
    Lateral raises SS with face pulls 20sx13...13x50; 20sx13....50x13

Ran outta time and planned on doing HiiT (which I’ve put off, so no squats). I plan on phasing legs back in more often. I did a good bit of squatting a few years ago and got to 325x5,5,5 before. I do enjoy outdoor hiit, which I will be keeping up with in the future.
    Overall 7/10

HiiT sprints
    35 yards x 8 with 30 seconds between.

Awesome day.

6.29 - the summer is flying by.
    Am weight 207.4!
    Calories 2857 protein 165g
    Active move calories per Apple Watch 1642... net -385 (2600 calories goal and 1000 active goal).

Pre w/o 30 mins walking

Strength training
    Standing mil press 122.5x5,5,3 PR
    High incline dB press 40x12,12
    Chins bw x3,3,2 .. gotta try 6 on first set
    Yates row 125x8,12 easy... I didn’t do pull down burnout set... may do that after Yates
    Deads 135x5,225x5, 315x3. Adding some weight back in there. Good stuff. My double oh grip sucks, gotta work on that (idc if I use straps).
    Forearm B.B. ss 30x15,45x8 (I don’t remember. They’re forearms. I hardly ever use them).
    Overall 8/10

Did a pm liss cardio session. 2.5 Miles in an hour watching the movie “thirty minutes of less.” Anyone seen it or the Netflix doc “evil genius”? It is supposedly a dark comedy loosely based on the Brian Wells idea (bomb bank robbery). It wasn’t amazing, but had some good laughs. Danny McBride is the man.

Thanks for reading. Even if you don’t post you’re supporting me. I’m getting consistent and going to get my pics and measurements up. I just don’t want to look like a bleached skinned Chewbacca. Pictures will help you fOllow me and realize I’m not just a government probe or something used to track your activity on these forums (ha like I’m that interesting). But seriously post up so we can be accountability partners. You keep me eating right and working out, I’ll keep you off drugs (or whatever else you need[sarcasm/dumb aa reference]).

I may even need to go get my bf professionally tested (though I’m sure the misc geniuses are more accurate ..heh). I wonder if they do this in my ****ty state.

Notch out.

zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) zach2ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good job man keep it up

GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ilNotch View Post
    Deads 135x5,225x5, 315x3. Adding some weight back in there. Good stuff. My double oh grip sucks, gotta work on that (idc if I use straps).

You ever try hook grip before?
    It takes a lot of pressure from your forearms, but it feels awkward the first few times you try it.
    Look it up, you might like it.
    What did the water say to the boat?

Nothing, it just waved. :)

Originally Posted by GirthRogers View Post
    You ever try hook grip before?
    It takes a lot of pressure from your forearms, but it feels awkward the first few times you try it.
    Look it up, you might like it.
    Thanks for the advice. Im familiar, but I havent tried it. Next DL session.