WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100) WapanCakes is not very well liked. (-100)

How low is too low for the Barbell Row?

Currently @ 70 lbs for my Barbell row for 5x5. The exercise isn't hard for me but trying to get a hang of proper form is the difficult part.

I have short arms and everytime I try to row, I have to place the barbell on top of 45 lb plates. When I try to get into position, I unlock my knees where it is a few inches higher than the deadlift position, though the shins don't quite make contact with the bar. Is going too low an issue for rowing? If I raise my position higher, I find it impossible to properly grab the bar.

Also, would trying to deadlift the bar just to grab the barbell be a bad idea for rows? I have seen some online vids where people do a "deadrow". I found myself having to do this for a set or two. If this is a bad idea, should I just stack more 45 lb plates for the barbell in order for me to reach it?

LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LoneWolfHero89 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Technically, you want to have your back as close to 90 degrees (or parallel to the floor) as possible. Think of seated rows, but reverse the movement into a standing position. If you really want to target the middle trapezius, rhomboids, infraspinatus, posterior deltoids, and the lats, the most optimal way of doing so is to have the back as parallel to the floor as you can. Provided your hamstring flexibility allows you to do so without rounding the lower back. Build enough flexibility so that you won't need to raise the bar on top of additional plates and watch your back grow and thicken over time. Cheers