kevins123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Trainer's Opinions Needed

First and foremost, I am not a trainer. I am a strongman competitor that works a 9-5 job.

However, I wanted to understand and get some incite on what the journey is like to be a trainer. I ask because training a client is different than doing a low energy day job. What could be understood and applied from trainers to improve people's every day lives?

My analogy to my life is why do I trainer strongman...

-I wanted the ability to feel strong and not get into a situation where I felt that I lost control, "strength is never a weakness". Therefore weightlifting was a great option and strongman looked like you had to be a little nuts to lift a boulder to shoulder height.

-I get up in the morning because I want to look back 6 months ago and be like, 'Wow, that was all I was lifting', but look forward at what everyone else is doing and see what I could reach.

-The lack of gyms with proper equipment is holding me back. Unfortunately, it is hard to find a gym when travelling or know what equipment the gyms do carry.

-The community is moving me forward. In particular, my friends all compete in it as well and there is always someone ready to cheer you on, a spot, or some pointers.

-There is unfortunately, not many contests for this. There is two main organizations and each hold 1 contest in each state each year. Therefore in my state, there is only two contests each year and that can make it hard without travelling at least several hours to the other contests.

-What got you into training clients?
    -Why do you get up in the morning?
    -What is holding you back in the industry from growing or being the best trainer you can be?
    -What (or who) is helping you move forward?
    -What is wrong with the industry (does not have to be practical, but ideal what would the perfect fitness industry look like)?

I wanted to give some examples, but does anyone feel like putting themselves out there so explain what it really means to you?