DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)

Bayesian Bodybuilding - 3 CNS Fatigue Myths - Article + Science

Hi all,

I personally found this article, by Baysian Bodybuilding's own Menno Henselmans, very insightful.
    So, I thought you might want to read this article as well!

Link:
    https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/cns-fatigue/

Summary:

Myth 1: The higher the exercise intensity, the more CNS fatigue you induce
    Myth 2: The more compounded the exercise, the more CNS fatigue it causes
    Myth 3: CNS fatigue takes longer to recover from than muscular fatigue
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bumping for the masses.

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    science/10

good info

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, it's been posted. I was very pleased to see this article because I always suspected that "CNS fatigue" was nonsense. I could not relate it to my own training at all except in the very acute sense where sometimes failing hard in one lift would also affect an unrelated lift - but only for the duration of that session.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes, it's been posted. I was very pleased to see this article because I always suspected that "CNS fatigue" was nonsense. I could not relate it to my own training at all except in the very acute sense where sometimes failing hard in one lift would also affect an unrelated lift - but only for the duration of that session.
    Ah really? My bad!

But, same here. I'm a huge proponent of failure training (for hypertrophy that is) because I believe it really "foolproofs" training.
    A lot of people misjudge their "RPE" so to speak, and if I'm having a bad day, I'll will admit that I do it too.
    Note: High volume + failure is not my cup of tea, I personally like low volume but high intensity work.

Missing a lift affecting an unrelated lift would be more "general tiredness" if you ask me.
    You put a lot of energy into trying to get lift 1, so you'd automatically have less energy for lift 2/