neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help creating a diet for weight loss

Little backstory real quick.

I am 26, will be 27 in July 5'11". I was addicted to heroin for 10 years and meth for 3. In July also I will be 2 years sober. When I was all tweaked out at my worst I went from 200lbs (not fit just meh) to 140lbs (skeletor). Two years of being sober and I kind of let myself go. For the last year I have been living off pizza rolls, gas station tornado things, fast food, and other **** that just wasn't healthy at all. Now I weight 248lbs. I believe I am around 30% body fat also.

I live with two roommates that are pretty fit and both stick to strict diets. They helped me get on a bro diet, and while I like it, I want to make sure I am reaching my full potential. I have the full drive to do this hard and heavy, but I just want to perfect it. I am going to sign up for a gym membership this weekend and my roommate is planning on bringing me with him every morning before work. Id say I would like to go to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week, but I am going to push for 5.

My current job I don't really do much. I move some boxes here and there and drive a forklift, but most of the time I am just sitting in the warehouse at my desk with the bay doors open. With the bay doors open I am sweating pretty good the whole day (I live in central Florida).

So here is the diet I am currently on. Now please keep in mind that I have the die hard drive and will power to do this, repetitive meals do not bother me and neither does really bland food.

Breakfast (6am)
    Chug a full bottle of water before meal.
    1/2 cup egg white+ 3 whole eggs scrambles+ pinch of salt and pepper
    1/2 cup of oats made with 1/3 cup of water and pinch of salt - I microwave for 1min so they are still kind of dry and expand in my stomach.
    cup of black coffee - no cream or sugar.

Snack (10am)
    Chug bottle of water
    1 Handful of mixed unsalted nuts

Lunch (12pm) HOME PREPED MEALS FOR WHOLE WEEK
    Chug bottle of water
    1/2 cup cooked jasmin rice
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup of steamed greens (asparagus, Brussel sprouts, green beans)

Snack (3pm)
    Chug bottle of water
    1 Handful of nuts again

Dinner (6pm/7pm)
    chug bottle of water
    This week I made some whole wheat pasta with ground turkey and vodka cream sauce.
    I need a better solid meal for the whole week, I feel like this one isn't well done.

NOTE: I chug water all day at work, I have been drinking a min of 1 gal a day my whole life, but I have ramped it up to 1.5-2 now. Every time I have to pee, I drink a bottle. The water fountain is next to my bathroom at work so I just fill, pee, then repeat all day.

According to the little "My fitness pal" website/app (I put all my weight stuff and that I was going to the gym 3 times a week for an hour each time and that I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week) I need to drop my calories to 1650 a day. This is what they have laid out for me:
    Calories - 1650
    Carbohydrates - 206 g
    Fat - 55g
    Protein - 83 g
    Saturated Fat - 18 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat - 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat - 0 g
    Trans Fat - 0 g
    Cholesterol - 300 mg
    Sodium - 2300 mg
    Potassium - 3500 mg
    Fiber - 38 g
    Sugar - 62 g
    Calories Burned / Week - 1640 Calories
    Workouts / Week - 3 workouts
    Minutes/Workout - 60

My question is - Does this all look right to you? And can you help me with a set meal that I can repeat every weak until I get down to my goal weight of 190 until I can start bulking? I guess like 2 weeks of planned meals and I will just alternate them? I don't make a bunch of money at work but I was able to buy about everything I needed this week for $50ish. Id say $75/week for food max for now.

I just want to be able to write what you guys give me down and eat that continuously.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by neforpubl; 05-24-2018 at 02:59 PM.

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by neforpubl View Post
    Little backstory real quick.

I am 26, will be 27 in July 5'11". I was addicted to heroin for 10 years and meth for 3. In July also I will be 2 years sober. When I was all tweaked out at my worst I went from 200lbs (not fit just meh) to 140lbs (skeletor). Two years of being sober and I kind of let myself go. For the last year I have been living off pizza rolls, gas station tornado things, fast food, and other **** that just wasn't healthy at all. Now I weight 248lbs. I believe I am around 30% body fat also.

I live with two roommates that are pretty fit and both stick to strict diets. They helped me get on a bro diet, and while I like it, I want to make sure I am reaching my full potential. I have the full drive to do this hard and heavy, but I just want to perfect it. I am going to sign up for a gym membership this weekend and my roommate is planning on bringing me with him every morning before work. Id say I would like to go to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week, but I am going to push for 5.

My current job I don't really do much. I move some boxes here and there and drive a forklift, but most of the time I am just sitting in the warehouse at my desk with the bay doors open. With the bay doors open I am sweating pretty good the whole day (I live in central Florida).

So here is the diet I am currently on. Now please keep in mind that I have the die hard drive and will power to do this, repetitive meals do not bother me and neither does really bland food.

Breakfast (6am)
    Chug a full bottle of water before meal.
    1/2 cup egg white+ 3 whole eggs scrambles+ pinch of salt and pepper
    1/2 cup of oats made with 1/3 cup of water and pinch of salt - I microwave for 1min so they are still kind of dry and expand in my stomach.
    cup of black coffee - no cream or sugar.

Snack (10am)
    Chug bottle of water
    1 Handful of mixed unsalted nuts

Lunch (12pm) HOME PREPED MEALS FOR WHOLE WEEK
    Chug bottle of water
    1/2 cup cooked jasmin rice
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup of steamed greens (asparagus, Brussel sprouts, green beans)

Snack (3pm)
    Chug bottle of water
    1 Handful of nuts again

Dinner (6pm/7pm)
    chug bottle of water
    This week I made some whole wheat pasta with ground turkey and vodka cream sauce.
    I need a better solid meal for the whole week, I feel like this one isn't well done.

NOTE: I chug water all day at work, I have been drinking a min of 1 gal a day my whole life, but I have ramped it up to 1.5-2 now. Every time I have to pee, I drink a bottle. The water fountain is next to my bathroom at work so I just fill, pee, then repeat all day.

According to the little "My fitness pal" website/app (I put all my weight stuff and that I was going to the gym 3 times a week for an hour each time and that I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week) I need to drop my calories to 1650 a day. This is what they have laid out for me:
    Calories - 1650
    Carbohydrates - 206 g
    Fat - 55g
    Protein - 83 g
    Saturated Fat - 18 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat - 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat - 0 g
    Trans Fat - 0 g
    Cholesterol - 300 mg
    Sodium - 2300 mg
    Potassium - 3500 mg
    Fiber - 38 g
    Sugar - 62 g
    Calories Burned / Week - 1640 Calories
    Workouts / Week - 3 workouts
    Minutes/Workout - 60

My question is - Does this all look right to you? And can you help me with a set meal that I can repeat every weak until I get down to my goal weight of 190 until I can start bulking? I guess like 2 weeks of planned meals and I will just alternate them? I don't make a bunch of money at work but I was able to buy about everything I needed this week for $50ish. Id say $75/week for food max for now.

I just want to be able to write what you guys give me down and eat that continuously.

Thank you in advance!
    Myfitnesspal calculations are pretty unreliable.

Your maintenance is roughly 15 x bodyweight in pounds.
    Most people create a 20% deficit from that to lose weight.
    Weigh yourself every day, compare weekly averages to check weightloss.
    (By the way, you're better off not tracking "calories burned" from workouts, that just an estimate, go by the scales)

Up your proteins, 83 is too low. You need 0.82 grams per LB of bodyweight.
    Get fats at 20% of daily caloric intake minimum.
    Make the rest up with protein/carbs/fats however you like.

Chance that people will set up a diet for you is about 0 here.
    Read the stickies and figure that part out for yourself.
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree. Your calories and macros are too low. You could add 80g or protein and 20g of fat (which is an extra 500 calories) and be in a much healthier, successful and sustainable place to diet.

As for meal plans. You have to figure out how you like to eat, size of meals, ease of preparation, taste, frequency and come up with your own plan. A lot of people hate meal plans on this site but I think they’re great for people starting to make an overhaul to their habits. Come up with a couple of different options for each meal and at least 1 or 2 backup meals, for times where you aren’t prepared for whatever reason. Maybe even ones that can be kept in your car in case you forget your lunch. Learning to deal good enough when things don’t go to plan is essential if you don’t want to go totally off course when you come to an obstacle.

Good luck with your positive changes. Taking care of yourself is the most rewarding thing you can do.

neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neforpubl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you. I will work on it today and get something planned out for me.

DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000) DutchTeamUltra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you. I will work on it today and get something planned out for me.
    You've got this man, and if you take care of yourself and work things like your diet out by yourself.
    The people here will gladly help you!
    - Slow progress, is progress.
    - Losing fat is a marathon, not a race.
    - Take care of your body, you've only got one.
    - Progressive overload + good form.

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on being sober for almost 2 years. Keep it up!
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on your sobriety! Keep it up! I stopped drinking 2 years ago and its definitely been a huge part of my overall fitness success that I've had so far.

That being said, there is no reason to list out a bunch of foods that you ate on 1 particular day because we all know that you wont eat the same thing every day, its totally unrealistic and not sustainable long term. Instead, think in terms of calories and macro targets, then eat whatever the heck you want that fits into those target numbers. Don't think in terms of "clean" or "dirty" foods either, its all just food with different macro contents. Choose the foods that fit your targets and you will be successful; of course the best way to see success is to stick to nutrient dense whole foods as much as possible.

A male who weighs 248 lbs should EASILY be able to cut on 2300-2500 calories (I did). But you have to be meticulous about weighing your food with a food scale down to the gram (don't use measuring cups or spoons), that way you know exactly how much you're eating. No guestimations for you until you get really good at tracking calories with a scale first, because you will be wrong. Most people that have been overeating for any length of time have no idea what real portion sizes are supposed to look like (*hint* they are NOT restaurant size portions).

Read these 2 threads, then come back if you have more questions. Good luck!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=129523333

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Congrats on your sobriety! Keep it up! I stopped drinking 2 years ago and its definitely been a huge part of my overall fitness success that I've had so far.

That being said, there is no reason to list out a bunch of foods that you ate on 1 particular day because we all know that you wont eat the same thing every day, its totally unrealistic and not sustainable long term. Instead, think in terms of calories and macro targets, then eat whatever the heck you want that fits into those target numbers. Don't think in terms of "clean" or "dirty" foods either, its all just food with different macro contents. Choose the foods that fit your targets and you will be successful; of course the best way to see success is to stick to nutrient dense whole foods as much as possible.

A male who weighs 248 lbs should EASILY be able to cut on 2300-2500 calories (I did). But you have to be meticulous about weighing your food with a food scale down to the gram (don't use measuring cups or spoons), that way you know exactly how much you're eating. No guestimations for you until you get really good at tracking calories with a scale first, because you will be wrong. Most people that have been overeating for any length of time have no idea what real portion sizes are supposed to look like (*hint* they are NOT restaurant size portions).

Read these 2 threads, then come back if you have more questions. Good luck!
    Alright I added up everything I eat (and yeah I actually am eating the same stuff everyday right now, just to get some self control going, which I am doing awesome already at) and I am at my calorie goal.

Carbs - 32% 138.40g
    Fat - 28% 51.74g
    Protein - 40% 166.79g

Total Calories - 1664

My goal was 1600-1700

Is that acceptable?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright I added up everything I eat (and yeah I actually am eating the same stuff everyday right now, just to get some self control going, which I am doing awesome already at) and I am at my calorie goal.

Carbs - 32% 138.40g
    Fat - 28% 51.74g
    Protein - 40% 166.79g

Total Calories - 1664

My goal was 1600-1700

Is that acceptable?
    Can I ask why you're cutting on 1600-1700 calories? You've already been told above by Okayest and Dutch that its too low for you, and now I'm telling you. Typically low calories like that are not sustainable (you want to aim for a 1-2 lb per week loss). When someone goes into a deficit of over 1000 calories a day you pose the risk of losing a lot of muscle mass as well as hormone and other basic body functions, and it can very likely lead to binging and diet failure at some point.

Your body has minimum requirements. Your protein is too low, you need 173g minimum. Your fats are too low, you need 100g minimum. That's minimum 1592 calories without eating a single carb. Add in 150g of carbs and you get 2192 total calories. That should be your minimum target (you can drop the calories/macros as your weight drops).
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Can I ask why you're cutting on 1600-1700 calories? You've already been told above by Okayest and Dutch that its too low for you, and now I'm telling you. Typically low calories like that are not sustainable (you want to aim for a 1-2 lb per week loss). When someone goes into a deficit of over 1000 calories a day you pose the risk of losing a lot of muscle mass as well as hormone and other basic body functions, and it can very likely lead to binging and diet failure at some point.

Your body has minimum requirements. Your protein is too low, you need 173g minimum. Your fats are too low, you need 100g minimum. That's minimum 1592 calories without eating a single carb. Add in 150g of carbs and you get 2192 total calories. That should be your minimum target (you can drop the calories/macros as your weight drops).
    Alrighty, Ill adjust them. I just feel like im eating too much. Im never hungry anymore. Every time I eat my meals I am legit stuffed.

Maybe I should add a shake in sometime during the day?

Alrighty, Ill adjust them. I just feel like im eating too much. Im never hungry anymore. Every time I eat my meals I am legit stuffed.

Maybe you should start weighing every single thing you eat down to the gram. A 248 lb guy should never be stuffed on 1700 calories, you should be starving eating that low. If you're not currently losing at least 2 lbs per week you are nowhere close to 1700 calories.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Since you aren’t weighing your food you might be taking in much more than 1700 calories. That’s the problem with handfuls, cups and variable portions (like a chicken breast). Or the relative blandness and lower calorie density of your new food choices vs your old food choices are keeping you filling full, which is great while it lasts.

A shake would be a good way to bump up protein for A cheaper price than meat or fresh dairy.

Alright ill go pick up a scale tonight.

BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100)
    This may be helpful...

MyFitnessPal.com

jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jb_alphamale has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    He mentioned already he' using MFP.

Originally Posted by BonkMar View Post
    This may be helpful...

MyFitnessPal.com

BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100) BonkMar is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jb_alphamale View Post
    He mentioned already he' using MFP.
    Oops.

Well, that's all he needs then.

Alright after playing around tonight Inwas able to plan out a full weeks plan with acceptable macros. Could be a little better, but this keeps everything affordable and giving me 3 full meals plus a 10am and 2;30pm 1 scoop shake (golden standard)

Protein - 195g
    Fat - 114g
    Carbs - 102g
    Puts me between 2200 and 2300 cals.

That look good?

Alright after playing around tonight Inwas able to plan out a full weeks plan with acceptable macros. Could be a little better, but this keeps everything affordable and giving me 3 full meals plus a 10am and 2;30pm 1 scoop shake (golden standard)

Protein - 195g
    Fat - 114g
    Carbs - 102g
    Puts me between 2200 and 2300 cals.

That look good?
    You're on the right track, now its up to you to police your own intake and track everything accurately.

Got a scale today and I tweaked it even more. Made my meals even more fulfilling and change the macros a little.

200g - Protein
    125g - Fat
    75g - Carbs

Now i get to eat two cheese burgers during dinner too lol