sryan79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lifting frequency and Muay Thai

I have been off Muay Thai for a few months. While off I have been doing an ABA 3x5 program 3 times a week. I have been adding weight consistently and am still making progress even today.

A
    Squat
    Bench
    Bent over row

B
    Squat
    Over head press
    Deadlift 1x5

I am back at Muay Thai this week and am obviously noting more fatigue. Should I move to lifting twice a week or keep pushing 3 times per week since I am still progressing? Fighting is my main goal but I noticed a real lack of strength prior to the break I took from Muay Thai.

Thanks.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    try to continue doing 3 but maybe try different days (to work better with your Muai Thai). Going to twice a week would be fine. If you do maybe add a short (20minute) special workout to work on a specific weak point (grip, feet/ankles, triceps, whatever)

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Since becoming better in Muay Thai is your goal, twice a week is plenty. That leaves you three days of Muay Thai training, two strength days, and 1-2 days off a week.

sryan79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks folks. I think I might move to twice a week and add a lighter day as suggested above. I am still adding weight to my lifts but I am pretty wasted after my lifting session that lands inbetween technical Muay Thai sessions.