Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pec injury (pic included)

Good morning,

I have not been on this website in years.

I was training a couple weeks ago when I developed this strain that turned into an area of swelling in my chest. It looks like a marble is under my skin when i raise my arm (see picture). Attempting any upper body exercise no matter how light and I am talking LIGHT, makes my pec spasm. I have not been stupid enough to try anything heavier because this makes it feel like it is tearing.

I go to see my GP today for his opinion, but I was interested in some feedback from the weightlifting community. There is no bruising present nor is there any gaps or divots in my chest when I flex. I went to a chiropractor for a quick walk in opinion and he said there was a possibility it could be a knot. I appreciate any advice or opinions.

Thanks,
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rdoogz89; 05-23-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My guess is your rom on bench press was crap and eventually you went too low with too heavy of a weight and it caused a strain.

So seeing a doctor is important but in the future be sure to practice full rom.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rdoogz89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    My guess is your rom on bench press was crap and eventually you went too low with too heavy of a weight and it caused a strain.

So seeing a doctor is important but in the future be sure to practice full rom.
    LOL, no not at all buddy. Thanks for that input, it was condescending and not helpful. I've attached some pics from a USAPL meet I did back in the day SO yea.... My bench numbers are not mind blowing, but knowing about ROM or technique is not my problem. I have been doing this for a long time.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rdoogz89; 05-23-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You asked for input. I gave you input. How else does a muscle get torn or strained? Don't get so defensive. I can't tell you much of anything over the internet, so a doctor is your best bet.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    You asked for input. I gave you input. How else does a muscle get torn or strained? Don't get so defensive. I can't tell you much of anything over the internet, so a doctor is your best bet.
    You can get tears and strains from simple muscle fatigue, even if your form is impeccable. You offer input by telling me I was probably lifting "crap" ROM. I am sorry, but I am not going to be grateful for that gem.

I did see my GP this afternoon and it is a partially torn pec unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Rdoogz89 View Post
    You can get tears and strains from simple muscle fatigue, even if your form is impeccable. You offer input by telling me I was probably lifting "crap" ROM. I am sorry, but I am not going to be grateful for that gem.

Good luck man. I wish you the best.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably a muscle belly tear in your pec.

Follow the Starr rehab protocal to stop scar tissue from forming.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...strains-tears/
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Did he give you an idea on recovery? Going to see a PT? Non-surgical or surgical?

Also, in defense of Junsulakai... A decent amount of pec injury threads eventually are revealed as "well, I tried to PR and...."

Interesting you had a partial tear without bruising.
    MISC Blood Drive (MOD REPS): https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

Start: B-175/S-185/D-185/OHP-95
    Current:B-335/S-365/D-365/OHP-215
    Goals: B-365/S-405/D-495/OHP-225

Originally Posted by PeaceWithin View Post
    Did he give you an idea on recovery? Going to see a PT? Non-surgical or surgical?

Also, in defense of Junsulakai... A decent amount of pec injury threads eventually are revealed as "well, I tried to PR and...."

Interesting you had a partial tear without bruising.
    Referral to an ortho, but the general timeframe was 6 weeks at minimum. Since I seem to have lost such minimal range of motion and not feeling pain outside putting weight on it, surgical candidacy was not discussed. Also it should be noted that I would not even consider it unless it was a drastic case. My second child was born this year and I cannot afford crazy med bills.

The starr method seems to be an intriguing program. I would like to see what others recommend, Id even consider a pay program if the price was reasonable and it was shown to be effective.

If people are interested in a story for how it happened. I am not quite sure, it was strained from doing a heavy volume day and I had backed off it for a week. My buddy needed help working on his car and I am pretty sure trying breaking loose a rusty bolt did my pec in. The lump and swelling showed up shortly after.

PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PeaceWithin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Referral to an ortho, but the general timeframe was 6 weeks at minimum. Since I seem to have lost such minimal range of motion and not feeling pain outside putting weight on it, surgical candidacy was not discussed. Also it should be noted that I would not even consider it unless it was a drastic case. My second child was born this year and I cannot afford crazy med bills.

The starr method seems to be an intriguing program. I would like to see what others recommend, Id even consider a pay program if the price was reasonable and it was shown to be effective.

If people are interested in a story for how it happened. I am not quite sure, it was strained from doing a heavy volume day and I had backed off it for a week. My buddy needed help working on his car and I am pretty sure trying breaking loose a rusty bolt did my pec in. The lump and swelling showed up shortly after.
    Glad to hear you won't need surgery. I'm not knowledgeable enough to contribute to the recovery discussion, but I know there are a few brahs here who have had bad pec tears and recovered well.

It's funny how any little thing can be what does you in. No problems at the gym for a year plus, but tweaked my back so hard I had to skip work and working out for five days. How did I do it? Picked up my 30lb toddler. Lmao.
    MISC Blood Drive (MOD REPS): https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

Start: B-175/S-185/D-185/OHP-95
    Current:B-335/S-365/D-365/OHP-215
    Goals: B-365/S-405/D-495/OHP-225

Originally Posted by PeaceWithin View Post
    Glad to hear you won't need surgery. I'm not knowledgeable enough to contribute to the recovery discussion, but I know there are a few brahs here who have had bad pec tears and recovered well.

It's funny how any little thing can be what does you in. No problems at the gym for a year plus, but tweaked my back so hard I had to skip work and working out for five days. How did I do it? Picked up my 30lb toddler. Lmao.
    That is always how it goes. I have a buddy that was out of commission for months after he aggravated a disk issue picking up towel.