Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Happy Gym Story Time

Hey folks,

So I've seen posts where a lot of us talk about how crappy some other gym regulars are, ranging from terrible body odor to not re-racking weights.

I went to the gym today and at one point was doing low cable pull throughs when a guy who was already using two benches for "dips" (we have a station for those...) comes to the cable crossover station where I'm doing the pullthroughs and jumps up to do chinups in my face during my set. I shoulder him while he's doing this and he comes down asking what I'm doing. I asked if he understands the definition of "personal space" and, since it was my last set, just told him to keep a reasonable distance from people during sets. He looked at me like I had just said the weirdest thing he had ever heard, so I went down to do some weighted spread eagle setups, finished off my workout, and went to shower.

My workout was: box jumps followed by bulgarian split squats (front leg elevated for increased rom), then the pull throughs and finally weighted spread eagle situps.

As I'm getting out of the shower I see that tool from before and he is flexing in the mirror in the changeroom, when...

All of a sudden the gym owner comes barging in the changeroom and starts tearing into this guy, saying "I'm sick of your crap. You leave weights all over the place and take up all the benches, how many times have I told you to re-rack the weights?" The guy says "hey calm down" and the owner goes berserk, screaming "I'm tired of telling you this so shut your mouth or I'll cancel your membership!" Now the owner is a really soft spoken nice guy and it was weird to see him like that. Then the owner leaves the changeroom and the guy starts saying "what a bunch of bull" and then I just laughed at him and told him it's all true. The guy leaves the gym, I go give the owner a nod as I drop off my locker key, and I leave the gym with a good pump and a big grin knowing that at least one gym douche was served some justice today.

Hope your workouts were similarly positive today.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Right on..... I like it
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's so funny because...

So I've seen posts where a lot of us talk about how crappy some other gym regulars are, ranging from terrible body odor to not re-racking weights.

I went to the gym today and at one point this guy was doing low cable pull throughs when I...who was already using two benches for "dips" (we have a station for those but I don't care...) go to the cable crossover station where he's doing the pullthroughs and jump up to do chinups in his face during his set. He shoulders me while I'm doing this and I come down asking what he's doing. He asks if I understand the definition of "personal space" and, since it was his last set, just told me to keep a reasonable distance from people during sets. I looked at him like he had just said the weirdest thing I had ever heard, so he went down to do some weighted spread eagle setups, finished off his workout, and went to shower.

As he's getting out of the shower I see that tool from before but I'm too busy with these gainz flexing in the mirror in the changeroom, when...

All of a sudden the gym owner comes barging in the changeroom and starts tearing into me, saying "I'm sick of your crap. You leave weights all over the place and take up all the benches, how many times have I told you to re-rack the weights?" I say "hey calm down" and the owner goes berserk, screaming "I'm tired of telling you this so shut your mouth or I'll cancel your membership!" Now the owner is a really soft spoken nice guy and it was weird to see him like that. Then the owner leaves the changeroom and I start saying "what a bunch of bull" and then he just laughed at me and told me it's all true. I leave the gym, and he goes to give the owner a nod as he dropped off his locker key, and he leaves the gym with a good pump and a big grin.

Hope your workouts were not as negative as mine today.

#feelsbadmane
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

Registered User quicksand jesus's Avatar
    quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He should have bitch slapped the owner .
    COYS!

Cancer sucks!

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I generally train at home or in a gym in the building where I work that has good gear but not many users. So, I don't have a lot of recent gym stories. (I have a lot from years gone by)

Fairly recently, I was out of town and went to train at a local gym. I was doing dumbbell flies. My shoulders actually felt good, and I was getting a deep stretch followed by a good contraction at the top. I could feel the blood coming. Anyways, just after my warmup set, a well built 35 plus year old woman set up between me and the mirror to do good mornings. She too must have been feeling loose because she was getting a deep stretch followed by strong contractions at the top. Somehow, our sets sinc'd up to where I was between sets, mopping my brow, just as she was getting into hers. Those black yoga pants are etched into my memory.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    I generally train at home or in a gym in the building where I work that has good gear but not many users. So, I don't have a lot of recent gym stories. (I have a lot from years gone by)

Fairly recently, I was out of town and went to train at a local gym. I was doing dumbbell flies. My shoulders actually felt good, and I was getting a deep stretch followed by a good contraction at the top. I could feel the blood coming. Anyways, just after my warmup set, a well built 35 plus year old woman set up between me and the mirror to do good mornings. She too must have been feeling loose because she was getting a deep stretch followed by strong contractions at the top. Somehow, our sets sinc'd up to where I was between sets, mopping my brow, just as she was getting into hers. Those black yoga pants are etched into my memory.
    LOL that makes the workout go so well, even though it can be distracting. In summer of 2016 I was in the dumbbell area and what looked to be a fitness competitor female next to me. Very attractive girl, very nicely developed body and she was wearing next to nothing. She would do a set (I can't even remember what she was doing) but after every set she would practice her stage poses in the mirror. That's when it dawned on me why she was mostly naked, she wanted to see every inch of muscle she could. She would have been enough to look at just doing regular exercises, but watching her pose just sent me into a frenzy. I literally changed my workout routine for the day, just so I could stay in the dumbbell area and mire.
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thread needs gifs

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Registered User HanesTshirtBrah's Avatar
    HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HanesTshirtBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    riveting tale, chap
    TEXAS CREW
    ENTJ CREW

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by quicksand jesus View Post
    He should have bitch slapped the owner .
    That would have made a lot of sense, derp. You shouldn't infer that people who are tools in the gym are good at fighting. The guy was completely in the wrong - if you like leaving weights thrown all around the gym, getting in peoples' faces in the gym while they are working out and think this is acceptable behavior it says a lot more about you than the reaction to it.

Originally Posted by HanesTshirtBrah View Post
    riveting tale, chap
    Wrong sub-forum. Negged - go back to Teen Misc.

Registered User quicksand jesus's Avatar
    quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) quicksand jesus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE=Aristotelian;1552207921]That would have made a lot of sense, derp. You shouldn't infer that people who are tools in the gym are good at fighting. The guy was completely in the wrong - if you like leaving weights thrown all around the gym, getting in peoples' faces in the gym while they are working out and think this is acceptable behavior it says a lot more about you than the reaction to it. >

I didn't infer that he was good at fighting. I also didn't think the guy was right either. If the gym owner warned him over and over again he should have simply to the guy his membership is revoked. Problem solved! To come in the locker room being all tough guy and dressing another man down like that... He should have been bitch slapped!
    COYS!

Cancer sucks!