brankers is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink Get fit or die trying

I'm finally starting a journal on here, I've been meaning to for a while now.

Female, 37, 5'4'', 128lbs, 32% bf

Current situation:

On week 10 of Strong Curves (Bootyful Beginnings) and I am totally loving it. I love getting stronger in the gym each week. This is my first structured weightlifting program and I started it March 2018. I am starting to see changes in the mirror. So far I have lost an inch off my waist.

Recently increased cals again - eating 1600 cals a day and getting 120g protein. Not sure how I am eating more (up from 1250 to 1400 to 1600) and seem to be eating at maintenance again because I've weighed in at 128 every day for the last 2 weeks. I'm cool with it though; am trying to put on some muscle. Will likely increase calories some more in due time.

I am getting my wisdom tooth extracted tomorrow and the dentist had told me back during my office visit that the downtime would be 3 weeks (!!!). I will speak to him again tomorrow and hopefully I won't have to miss more than a week of lifting, but if he's adamant about it then oh well.

That's all I can think of for now.

mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom2sethc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi! and welcome!!!

I did Strong Curves previously and really enjoyed it!!

3 weeks? Yikes!!! My son had 3 wisdom teeth extracted and ran 2 days afterwards! 3 weeks seems excessive??

Originally Posted by mom2sethc View Post
    Hi! and welcome!!!

I did Strong Curves previously and really enjoyed it!!

3 weeks? Yikes!!! My son had 3 wisdom teeth extracted and ran 2 days afterwards! 3 weeks seems excessive??
    Hi, thanks

Yeah, I am not sure why it would be so long. I had my extraction rescheduled for 2 weeks from now so I did not get a chance to speak to the dentist about it.

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everyone has their preferences - I hated Strong Curves but probably because I wanted to lift like the big boys. Good luck with the wisdom teeth extraction and minimizing the rest, but enjoy it while you get it
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Everyone has their preferences - I hated Strong Curves but probably because I wanted to lift like the big boys. Good luck with the wisdom teeth extraction and minimizing the rest, but enjoy it while you get it
    Hey, to each their own I feel like I respond really well to it, the way it's structured I guess. I really love it.

Thanks, it's coming up in one week ugh... Trying to get in as many workouts as I can before then

I have been weighing myself every day for the past 3 weeks (ever since my DEXA and getting the new [digital] scale) and I am averaging 128/129lbs, fluctuating between 128 and 130. I'm cool with that. I did notice I gained 1/2 an inch on my waist though. Not sure how I feel about that just yet.

I am also getting stronger in the gym which is an amazing feeling. I have decided that once I finish SC (currently on week 11) I'll repeat it for 3 more rounds but alternate between lower weight/higher reps and higher weight/lower reps each round. So, next round I'll be doing higher weight/lower reps.

Motivation has been pretty good, and it's mentally not easy to know I'll need to take some time off after I get this wisdom tooth yanked out but it's all part of the process so I need to just roll with it. I'll be extra mindful of my diet and try to keep my protein high during the downtime.

All in all, happy with where I am at the moment
    Last edited by brankers; 05-29-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Oh boy.

So this morning I drove myself to the E.R. for what I thought was heat exhaustion/dehydration. I have been to the hospital before for dehydration and I was having a lot of the same symptoms - nausea, headache, weakness, drowsiness, muscle cramps, dizziness, blurred vision, hot flashes. I also felt like I had a UTI (I've had dozens in my lifetime) which I figured was brought on by the dehydration. Well, the blood and urine test came back "perfect" in the words of the doc. Perfect?? Then why was I having all these crazy symptoms? Diagnosis: mild dehydration. I left the E.R really confused.

I had been noticing these symptoms increasing all week, and finally put my finger on what it was. Except it wasn't that. I haven't been able to work out since Monday because I am so weak and dizzy and I didn't want to push myself. For what it's worth I have been taking Quadralean fat burner (non-stimulant) for about 6 weeks or so. I wonder if that has anything to do with this, and if I should cycle off?

Doctor told me I was totally fine and couldn't say why I was experiencing these symptoms. Anyone else ever experience this? It's been really hot in TX and I don't have AC in my garage gym (only 2 fans) - and I have been pushing through the sweat and dizziness during my workouts the last few weeks because I could handle it (or so I thought). My blood shows that my electrolytes are fine.

Yesterday I was supposed to get my wisdom tooth extracted but when I got there the dentist informed me he refused to do it because he didn't have the necessary tools and he had a patient similar to me whose tooth took 4 hours to get out and he didn't want to put me through that. So to make a long story short I got a filling and can resume lifting as normal.

Very excited about that - however - I am definitely feeling better but I am still weak and light-headed a lot of days, especially when I first wake up and it seems to get better during the day. Feels kind of like very low blood pressure. I haven't worked out in over a week now but hopefully today I will. I crave it.

Weight is now averaging 129.

Well I'm feeling right as rain again and have been back to working out consistently. Next week I start round 2 of SC. I've been screwing up on my diet lately, been tracking only loosely and have gained a few pounds but I look like I've gained a lot of fat esp. in my midsection. Not happy with my appearance right now. I'm probably just bloated but either way I'm not happy. My clothes don't fit right when a month ago they looked really great. It's frustrating.

In the gym, however, I am killing it. Setting PRs with every session. I've noticed I can always lift more when I eat a lot the previous day. FUEL!

So I paid for a one-time custom macro consult to get my calories and macros in order. Whatever I was doing or thought I was doing was not working. My waist went up to 28in when it had been 27 and I was not having it. I have been on my custom macros for a little over a week now and it's been going very well. Not feeling deprived and feeling strong in the gym. They are fat-loss macros since I decided I should lose more fat before I start to bulk PLUS it's summer. I'll start my bulk after the summer.

On week 2 round 2 of SC. Loving it.

I finally feel like I have structure in my workouts and diet and that I just need to keep going to see some real changes.

rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rgvmkd is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Did they recommend higher protein lower carbs?

Originally Posted by rgvmkd View Post
    Did they recommend higher protein lower carbs?
    Actually no - my protein was at 120g and she set it to 105g. Carbs are at 130g, fat 45g. So I'd say moderate balance between macros.

I'm not dead! I'm actually doing really well. Halfway through my second round of SC and loving it. I plan on doing at least one if not 2 more rounds. I'm weighing in these days at around 128 lbs. Lost an inch in my waist. I'm going to stay with my fat loss macros just a little bit longer after which I will switch to maintenance cals to see how I do. I am eager to build some muscle as I've leaned out but I do not have as much shape as I'd like. If need be I will go on a slow bulk over the cooler months.

I am struggling with sticking to my cals during that time of the month. My PMS lasts 2 weeks.... 2 weeks of insanely intense cravings and bloat. I also found that I'm very bloated a lot of the time. Could be the types of foods I'm eating. I don't think it's body fat because it comes and goes but it sure FEELS like fat, since when I pinch skin from there (abdominal area), the folds are always very thick.

Took a deload week last week and feel like I'm a little weaker overall this week. Still killing it though.