Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Christmas miracle: I haven't gotten fatter. Or at least if so it's so little I can't measure it.

My measurements December 2022
    Chest 107.5 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Shoulders 127.25 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    Biceps 37.5 cm
    Thigh 61.5 cm (down 1 cm)
    Waist 89.25 cm
    Neck 41.5 cm
    Weight 89.6 kg (down 0.2 kg)
    Accumeasure 16.25 mm (up 0.25 mm)

I haven't counted calories, but I have had plenty. It seems a winning recipe to start the days with three fried eggs, a little bacon and coffee. That seems to suppress my hunger throughout the day. I needn't have this breakfast immediately after I wake up. And I could sometimes add a protein shake to that morning meal.

I will make more dinners myself henceforth: One thing I have been making a few times this month, which I should make plenty more of, is miracle noodles boiled in tomato sauce for three minutes, with minced meat. Making a pitcher of lemon tea, and then sparkling iced tea, should be a morning routine. Preferably sweetened with stevia.

I think I have found the best breakfast for weight loss. And now I should look for the best dinner (perhaps miracle noodles, but find more), and also best bedtime meal. I'm thinking eating at around eight or half past eight is good, and perhaps oat porridge with margarine and topping mix, plus carrots for the evening meal. And whatever calories there are to spare for other things, such as tomato, beans and original cottage cheese. I should compare those as evening meals, try to have one week with the one, another with the other and see. Perhaps do that twice. Crisp bread with mackerel is also a contender for that evening meal. It's worked fine for me to incorporate lots of protein shakes to my diet so I should continue with that.

Total number of workouts: 9
    Full body: 0
    Lower: 4
    Upper: 5

Could've been better, could've been worse. Even though I'm not working out that often, I still set new PRs. Why?

The reasons listed above in the previous post are still valid except I'm beginning to think havening warmed up has less to say since I haven't warmed up much this month but still I feel I'm doing well in the gym.

Plans for next month?

I feel I'm in a winning streak when it comes to gains. So, I'll keep doing what I am doing. Not logging kcal, trying to get lots of protein, trying to cut without putting a big effort into it. Once I stall in the gym, or get a waist of 90 cm +, then I'll have to frigging cut and do it SERIOUSLY with a scale and keep going on my weekly weight loss thread.

klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) klbbr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Muscle gain? YES! Fat loss? YES! It’s been something as rare as a recomp month. Quite amazing, since Christmas eating is part of this period.

My measurements 20 January 2023
    Chest 108.5 cm (up 1 cm)
    Shoulders 126.5 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Biceps 37.5 cm
    Thigh 61.5 cm
    Waist 88.25 cm (down 1 cm)
    Neck 41.75 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Weight 90.0 kg (up 0.4 mg)
    Accumeasure 13.75 mm (down 2.5 mm)

I think now that what’s holding me back in terms of gains is primarily that I haven’t done cardio for years, so my heart isn’t strong enough for 3x10 pullups. I used to do 10x3 pullups, and now I do like 6x3 pullups, on a good workout. I think also the reason it seems I’m making more progress with lifting like 4-5-6 reps instead of 7-8-9 is that with my poor heart muscle, I can’t effectively get nutrients to the muscles on bigger sets. So, I’m hoping that if I now incorporate cardio in my routine, I’ll finally see real results henceforth.

I haven’t counted calories this month, but I have eaten a lot of protein. Just had shake after shake after shake. And I also almost always start the day with coffee, three fried eggs and twenty grams or less of bacon, often less, I haven’t measured. Bacon is just for flavor. And I often also have a protein shake in the morning. I have felt that my total calorie intake has been high, but apparently it hasn’t. I’m at my gf’s and there’s no potato dinners, and there’s no milk and oats and raisins. Rather I’ve had a lot of low fat Greek yoghurt and müsli, which is almost the same thing, but more protein rich I suppose. I have had perhaps more carrots than usual, at bedtime, and some porridge but not much. And some packs of mackerel and crisp bread. And often leafy green salad to the dinner, instead of starchy veggies. And also grilled chicken with broccoli and a tomato and some parmesan cheese on it, that feels really like a winning recipe: It’s mostly water, the veggies, and the chicken is a good source of protein and fat.

I have for the most part had three meals during a day: Breakfast which may or may not be when I wake up, then dinner (been many dinners with miracle noodles this month, but I feel I overeat afterwards so not sure if that’s had an impact), and evening food around eight or nine. It’s been many days when I’ve had more meals, but I’ve at least had fewer meals than I used to before (months ago, when I just ate all the time pretty much). I also barely have had tea or iced tea this period; usually I drink plenty of that during the day to stave off hunger, but maybe it’s just made me more hungry. I don’t know. I doubt it.

I have been bouldering some, and walking more than usual, but it hasn’t been so many steps (5980 per day thus far this month). Bouldering could perhaps have had a positive effect. Especially on the neck. I haven’t been warmed up entering the gym (only walked some in the biting cold getting there), and I haven’t done my prescription study drugs this period, so I can rule that out of major reasons I’ve had progress last period. With regards to troubleshooting, I don’t think it’s me having higher body fat which makes it easier to set records, since my bodyfat has gone down now and still I set records. I think it’s due to plenty protein and better breathing, and enough workouts. Perhaps also getting my protein in the form of shakes through the day is better than whatever meals with random amount of protein.

Total number of workouts: 13
    Lower: 7
    Upper: 6

Two of the upper body workouts have been half assed ones at bouldering places. But I’ve bouldered afterwards, so it’s likely been good. And I’ve bouldered on days without workout as well. Maybe four times total this period, four or five.

Personal records? Plenty. I’m not gonna list them. Set many personal records on compound lifts and such, with regards to volume, 1RM and max weight.

Plans for the next month? Keep doing what I’m doing now, plus add cardio. I think with a month or two of cardio I could see real gains in pullups and other heavy lifts, finally breaking that plateauish state I’ve been in for years. Surely, I have got personal reasons and such, but my I should definitely lift heavier, having lifted for years.

Gains, sweet gains!

My measurements 20 February 2023
    Chest 107.75 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Shoulders 126.5 cm
    Biceps 37.75 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Thigh 61.75 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Waist 88.25 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Neck 41.5 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    Weight 91.4 kg (up 1.4 mg)
    Accumeasure 14 mm (up 0.25 mm)

I've set many personal records this month as well, and my 1RM keeps rising in ALL my lifts. Well except pullups, but that stands to reason since my body weight is going up. With regards to the measurements, I don't have a pump in my upper body today, since it's a couple days since I worked out.

I haven't tracked calories, and have only eaten trying to cut, but there was a full week in the capital when I didn't have protein powder, and kept stuffing myself with other souces of protein, low fat greek yogurt, grilled chicken, things like that, in large amounts, to be sure I got enough, and likely I overshot my TDEE quite some that week. I've been at gfs and relatives, and not had high carb dinners of potatoes and such, none of them, and no milk and oats and raisins (this is likely important for nutrition, to rather have low carb meals). It's likely that my neck has gotten smaller this month since I haven't bouldered, and bouldering seems to kit those muscles my regular routine barely does. I should look into whether the pendaly row or such could be performed different than I currently do, in order to get some more neck muscles. I've set a limit for myself: If I exceed 90 cm in waist, then I most def gotta cut proper and thorougly, back to 84 cm or below.

It's fun working out now that I set so many records. What's it down to? I actually think it's as simple as enough protein, often enough exercise, and enough cardio to make my heart strong enough for major lifts. Better breathing before and during lifts. I don't think it's primarily to do with an excess of total kcal since I gained muscle also last month, when I lost fat. And last month I also kept setting new personal records. My cardio vascular fitness has been awful, and still is. So, I think keep doing those HIIT sessions on the dynabike after lifting will do good for my heart. Maybe also protein in the form of shakes has contributed positively, since I then get "many meals" of at least 20 grams of protein. I've had plenty shakes this month. Also in the capital I kept drinking ready made (damn expensive) protein shakes.

Total number of workouts: 14
    Upper: 7

I would've had one extra upper body workout if it weren't for straining my left shoulder early in the session that day. My right shoulder is again somewhat inflamed due to touchpad use and perhaps also instagram scrolling. So, I can't do barbell press: I usually opt for dumbbell press anycase, but I should really give the shoulder enough rest so barbell press would be fine.

The coming month?

I think I should have my breakfast earlier in the day. My three eggs, bacon and coffee and protein shake. I should have it earlier because if I wait until I am hungry, I end up having more than the said breakfast. I should also have grilled chicken in the fridge, ready for the microwave, along with ready made miracle noodles in tomato sauce, which also can be in the fridge. I will keep a steady course towards the same gains as I've had last month, and try not to run out of protein powder. I should also try incorporating some days with cardio only, that is going to the gym just to run / do stairmaster / row / dynabike. I should try doing that at least once a week.
    Last edited by klbbr; 03-27-2023 at 04:46 AM.

Ain't been the best month: Stretched muscle + travelling without access to gym.

My measurements 21 March 2023
    Chest 107 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Shoulders 127.75 cm (up 1.25 cm)
    Biceps 38 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Thigh 62 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Waist 89.75 cm (up 1.5 cm)
    Neck 42 cm (up 0.5 cm)
    Weight 92.1 kg (up 0.7 kg)
    Accumeasure 15.5 mm (up 1.5 mm)

So, last period I stretched my muscles in my left shoulder (or rather area on upper back, behind left shoulder) when doing a seated military press where I pressed also with my legs. Shouldn't have done so. And though this small injury got better, I pushed myself in the gym in this period, and it flared up. So, when I was to travel for a birthday I, and didn't have access to a gym, I thought I'd give my shoulder some rest, and I haven't really got going with the gym routine again yet. I also thought it'd be good to have a rest-week because it feels like I have been pushing myself quite hard in the gym lately.

Now in the latter part of this period, I haven't set records whenever I lift, and small wonder, since I have taken time off. I think cardio still is key to my progress, and also that I now focus on getting plenty protein, and drink many shakes. I'm still not tracking calories. I am thinking if I'm in defecit I cut, if I'm in a surplus I gain muscle, but now that it's been time off the gym that surplus will rather turn into fat.

Total number of workouts: 8
    Full body: 1
    Upper: 3

One of the upper body workouts was only using gym-bands at an airport.

Goals for the coming month? Try to get more gym-time again. Do cardio each time. Eat miracle noodles more often. If I gain fat, exceed 90 cm waist, then I NEED to cut, and will begin with weekly cut logs, with weight and waist measurements.

At least I haven't gained fat.

My measurements 20 April 2023
    Chest 107.5 cm (up 0.5 cm)
    Shoulders 127.75 cm
    Biceps 38.25 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Thigh 62.25 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Waist 89.75 cm
    Neck 42.25 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Weight 91.3 kg (down 0.8 kg)
    Accumeasure 16.5 mm (up 1 mm)

I used to set record after record, each time I'd gym. But the last few months it hasn't been such. Likely cause I haven't gymmed often enough. Like gymming once a week, is barely enough to maintain gains. I am still trying to get a high protein diet, drinking two-to-three shakes per day, and always eating eggs for breakfast.

I also try to get cardio, but the cardio I'm aiming for is merely a four minute tabata on a croasstrainer. Ain't much cardio, that. In the previous months I did a little step machine and running on threadmill, and likely that did me good.

My neck has grown, and that's likely cuz I've for the first time in years have done some barbell shrugs, for my traps and neck. I'm just following the fierce five upper/lower, but now I'm throughing in some shrugs to get some neck gains. Thus far I've only had two sessions with shrugs.

Lower: 5
    Upper: 4

The fat caliper is less reliable than the waist measurement. I measured right away again, and got fifteen-point-five, namely the same as last month, but to keep things consistent I'm running with my first measurements. Next month my goal is to get some gym time, likely I won't get four sessions a week, but I am aiming for gym time. And hopefully get some more cardio than I do right now (only crosstrainer 4 minute sessions), and not gain fat.

This month I also tried wegovy (legally prescribed) but missed when I took the first shot, so I only got like half the 0,25 mg dose. Maybe it's had an effect making me more tired, the drug. I dunno. I have been somewhat more tired afterwards, but it may be a conincidence. Likely in the month to come I'll try at least one shot with wegovy, perhaps more. I'm trying to get to below 84 cm waist. And now that I'm not breaking record after record, it's a good time to diet. Though I think more workouts per week, plus perhaps better cardio, would be enough that I'd break record after record.

Lost some fat, hurray!

My measurements 20 May 2023
    Chest 107.25 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    Shoulders 127 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Biceps 38 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    Thigh 62.75 cm (up 0.5 cm)
    Waist 88.75 cm (down 1 cm)
    Neck 42.25 cm
    Weight 90.3 kg (down 1 kg)
    Accumeasure 14.5 mm (down 2 mm)

I've been using wegovy. I initially thought it caused some fatigue (even though eating at a calorie surplus), but it might be the fatigue came from rough cardio consecutive days. I only took a half of the minimum dose anyhow (described in previous post). Any case, then I took a break, and started again, and after the ninth day wegovy 0.25 mg (a day after the second injection) I didn't have any fatigue or excess brain fog more. Which is good. And it feels like my hunger is less, so it's easier to stick to budget. I rarely eat out of hunger now, so I should be able to cut, if I just put in some effort. It's been mainly social eating which has impeded me.

Total number of workouts: 12
    Lower: 6

Why not more workouts? I have been busy with gf. So I haven't lacked workouts due to not having energy or such. I am not setting personal records every time I hit the gym now. For that I think I'll need calorie surplus and gym 4x per week. But it's soooo good to finally start losing some weight.

I don't track calories, but I start the day with three fried eggs, a little bacon and usually a protein shake. Then at least another protein shake later in the day. It's supposed to be 20 grams per shake, but I am generous when I scoop so it's likely more 25-28 grams per shake or something.

I've had a session with a personal trainer, and got some great advice on how to do dumbbell press and also the obvious which I hadn't thought about: namely that I now squat so heavy that I shouldn't be using running shoes anymore. Either use some flat shoes or buy squat shoes, or squat barefoot (but without a mat under my feet, mats can add instability).

I am still deep breathing before and during lifts, but maybe I haven't been as good at it. Regardless, it feels like my cardiovascular fitness has increased, cardio that used to give me a high HR now doesn't, at least to that extent it used to. So, I am getting fitter. I have on average maybe done 7-9 cardio sessions a month the last four months. It used to be zero.

I've been continuing with barbell shrugs. When I measured my neck I was in doubt whether it should've been 0.25 cm more than I put down. Likely I'll see neck gains in the time to come. Partially also because reverse dumbbell flies (after a tweak from the personal trainer, having pronated grip distally) now hits my traps. My goal for the next month is to lose fat. Which likely will be hard, because I'll be travelling (without access to gym), and there'll be parties, and social eating, and I'll have no wegovy. But I'll try!

Lost some more fat, hurray!

My measurements 20 June 2023
    Chest 107.5 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Shoulders 127.25 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Biceps 38 cm
    Thigh 61.75 cm (down 1 cm)
    Waist 88.25 cm (down 0.5 cm)
    Neck 41.5 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Weight 89.7 kg (down 0.6 kg)
    Accumeasure 12.75 mm (down 1.75 mm)

I'm still using wegovy. I don't have much fatigue from it now, neither cognitive nor physical. I have been at 0.25 mg the whole period. I don't count calories, I don't have much omph or willpower, but I manage to get a decent amount of workouts done. It's primarily social stuff that's preventing me from hitting the gym. The wegovy isn't in the way. There's been some social eating with cake on the birthday of gf, but mostly it's been low carb and I'm eating three eggs in the morning, and drinking at least one often two or three shakes a day.

Cardio sessions: 13

I am not setting personal records every time I hit the gym now. For that I think I'll need calorie surplus and gym 4x per week. But it's good to keep the weight loss rolling, even though it's barely anything, it's going in the right direction. I am working out my neck now, with barbell shrugs and isometric exercises. I think they work. I look more swole in pictures.

I should do more sessions with a personal trainer after the holiday. I have stopped squatting with running shoes (about time) after the previous session, and I'd likely get good tips on more of my exercises if I just book time.

In the coming month there'll be a lot of summer holiday travels and a music festival, so ain't that much access or time to gym, but will try to get in AT LEAST two workouts a week, aiming for more. I'll bring gymbands with my when I travel, and aim to cut a kilogram of fat per week. If I succeed I'll be 85.7 kg at next weigh-in, something I doubt, but I'll try!

Despite holiday travels, I’ve lost some more fat. Hurray!

My measurements 20 July 2023
    Chest 106.5 cm (down 1 cm)
    Shoulders 127. 5 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Biceps 37.5 cm (down 0.5 cm)
    Thigh 61.5 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    Waist 87.75 cm (down 0.5 cm)
    Neck 42 cm (up 0.5 cm)
    Weight 88.6 kg (down 1.1 kg)
    Accumeasure 11.75 mm (down 1 mm)

It’s been a holiday month, with limited gym access, and limited time for “hotel gymming” when travelling with people. So, all in all I’m pleased with the results. Especially that I’ve lost a little fat. I’ve been on and off wegovy due to travels without a fridge, but in the coming month I’ll be on half a milligram maybe increasing to a whole milligram before the month is over. That’ll likely do it for feeling of satiety. Only time I’ve really felt satiety from it was right after the first half milligram. Even though I’ve travelled I’ve managed to get plenty of protein, from ready-made shakes, puddings, and the usual egg and bacon breakfast, plus I’ve brought with me protein powder for travels. Doesn’t help that much when I haven’t got enough workouts, but when being on a kcal deficit it’s extra important to have enough proteins in the diet, so … better do than don’t.

Upper: 5
    Cardio sessions: 8

I’m looking forward being done with dieting, so I can clean bulk again. I think I’ll go beyond my goal (84 cm waist) and then have some leeway when I start clean bulking. Now that I’m on a deficit and rarely working out, I’m not setting new gym records any more, except that my dumbbell chest press is going rather good. It seems before I had the session with the personal trainer, I didn’t hit my pecs. Now I hit my pecs, so … finally I get some pec growth, and it feels like I am getting stronger each time, though I haven’t checked how many kilos I lift, whether there’s progression there.

I’ve only worked out my neck twice this period, so I’m a bit surprised my neck measurement has gone up. But I did a little neck exercises yesterday, so maybe it’s got a slight pump. The isometric neck exercises are great, along with the shrugs. I also use flat shoes for EVERYTHING at the gym now, only exception is if I am to run on a treadmill. It feels better with flat shoes, feels less wobbly. I am still aiming to cut a kilogram of fat per week. I’ll try to up the carrot intake, but likely it ain’t until the period after next that I’m getting close to reaching my goal.

Yes, finally, frigging finally. Cutting with success!

My measurements 20 August 2023
    Chest 105.5 cm (down 1 cm)
    Shoulders 124. 5 cm (down 3 cm)
    Biceps 36.25 cm (down 1.25 cm)
    Thigh 58.25 cm (down 3.25 cm)
    Waist 83.75 cm (down 4 cm)
    Neck 41.25 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Weight 84.5 kg (down 4.1 kg)
    Accumeasure 8.75 mm (down 3 mm)

I'm now on wegovy one milligram, and that works. I'm not counting calories, and I don't know my macros, other that I try to eat a lot of protein, starting each day still with three fried eggs and a little bacon, plus a shake which has almost thrity grams protein, if I'd guess. And I often have one or two more shakes during the day, especially if I gym. I have tried to cut for like three years now, which has stalled my progress, because I've failed and instead of cutting often just ate at about maintenance. Anyway, now I'm as lean as I want to be. And I'm going to continue to cut just to the point where I go from lean to gauntish (80 cm waist), so that I have some leeway when I start bulking again. Bulking will be beautiful, then the muscle gains will come.

It's cause of depression I haven't managed to cut. I used to have enormously high self-motivation, but with that gone I didn't manage. It hasn't returned yet.

Even though I'm a a calorie deficit I still have good energy in the gym, and I think it's because I now have trained regularly (often 4x per week), and also of likely because of wegovy, since I don't feel hungry at all.

Cardio sessions: 9

Looking forward to next month. Maybe I've reached my goal then, of eighty centimeter waist. It's been fun cutting now.

Yay, progress! Cut even more!

I've had some personal trainer sessions, and whoa that was great. My cable crossover, squat and incline dumbbell presses and other exercises have been lacking form, and if I incorporate everything he talked about, they'll be pretty good.

My measurements 20 September 2023
    Chest 105.5 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Shoulders 122.75 cm (down 1.75 cm)
    Biceps 36 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    Thigh 56.75 cm (down 1.5 cm)
    Waist 82.75 cm (down 1 cm)
    Neck 40.5 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Weight 81.7 kg (down 2.8 kg)
    Accumeasure 8 mm (down 0.75 mm)

Kinda sad. This is what depression does. In 2019 I was going strong, but I got hit with some life-problems and gained fat. And for 1-2-3-4 years I've been working out trying to cut and failing (i.e. pretty much eating at maintenance). In a way you could say it's four waster workout years, as I haven't consistently been getting enough macronutrients for growth. If I'm to point at one good thing, it's that in these four years I've at least got better form and technique, but not much more. It's not breaking free from depression which has made me able to cut, but just wegovy. At the time of writing I'm at 1.7 mg per week, and it seems I need keep increasing the dose for it to work. It thought 1 mg did the trick, but after two weeks on it I had to increase. Might be the same for 1.7 mg.

Total number of workouts: 11
    Lower: 5
    Cardio sessions: 4

The lack of cardio sessions isn't due to lack of energy, but rather it's due to lack of time. I'm needed in the house, and then I cut the workout short, which means dropping cardio usually. On the bright side, yesterday I saw that my gym had reopened the saunas, so that'll be an extra incentive to do cardio, since I only shower if I've done a sweaty cardio session. I should also do cardio for further cutting. I am aiming for 80 cm waist, and that's maybe a couple months away. My face still looks somewhat fat from some angles, but it's waaaaaay better just getting below 84. If I'm consistent with cardio and getting enough protein and not too many calories, I could reach the goal of 80 cm waist in a couple months, though I doubt I'll make it.

Next month. Try to get cardio, try to just WALK more, try to get sensible meals, and dodge cakes. First cake to dodge will be tomorrow, as I'm invited to a party. And there'll be a fortnight in continental Europe, and there won't be much access to gym equipment then, so hoping I won't lose too much strength!

Cutting! But with a price of muscle loss!

My measurements 22 October 2023
    Chest 104.25 cm (down 1.25 cm)
    Shoulders 123.5 cm (up 0.75 cm)
    Biceps 35.25 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Thigh 55.25 cm (down 1.5 cm)
    Waist 81.5 cm (down 1.25 cm)
    Neck 40.5 cm
    Weight 80.1 kg (down 1.6 kg)
    Accumeasure 6.75 mm (down 1.25 mm)

I have been travelling fourteen days this month, with no access to a gym, and only gymbands to use, and they were rarely used due to time-constrain. So, all the while I have been cutting, I'm on 1.7 mg wegovy now—steady dose since 2nd of September—and digestion is slowed down, that works, and that appetite is reduced. Especially the appetite for something sweet. So, I haven't felt the need to up the dose to the max of 2.4 yet. But without access to a gym much of what I lose is muscle. So, I'm hoping in the following month I'll be DONE with cutting, and can begin to bulk.

Cardio sessions: 3

I have only done three cardio sessions this month, but there were lots of walking on holiday, and a little bit of running, being stuck in line at the airport. I actually noticed when running that I'm most def in better cardio shape now than in January: I've got excess energy, I don't get tired or short of breath as easily. Also when I'm at the gym I usually do HIIT on a crosstrainer, and now I can set it at the hardest setting and try to go for it, but my heart rate doesn't shoot up like it used to. Now it's hard to reach the highest heart rate zone on the crosstrainer. That's progress!

My lifts are pretty much stagnant. Some I lift less on, but I had anticipated that I'd lose even more strength than I have. My breakfasts are still the same, three eggs, bacon and a shake and coffee, and I get quite a lot of protein during the day, in the form of shakes on protein rich dinners. But on my fortnight of travels I didn't have ANY shakes and ate fairly little. No protein shakes was due to not wanting flatulence, and it's likely reason for some of the muscle loss. I am lean now, but not super lean. I have just reached the point where it's uncomfortable to sit on a wooden chair with no padding, cuz my glutes don't have much natural padding. Likewise lying down on a thin yoga mat for long ain't good, cause of little natural padding.

Next month I'll try to WALK MORE, and EAT LESS and succeed with reaching my target of eighty centimeters waist. Cuz after that I can bulk.

Cutting is done, bulking will begin!

On the fifth of November I was done with the last wegovy week. The Sunday preceeding I had taken the last dose, and that was at one point seven mg, I never needed exceed that to succeed. On the fifth of November I was 79.75 cm waist, weighed 77.8 kg and the fat caliper showed 5.5 millimeter. I never tracked calories when cutting, just aimed for much, much protein and eating at a deficit. In the weeks hence I just ate and worked out without thinking specifically about cutting or bulking.

My measurements 21 November 2023
    Chest 106.25 cm (up 2 cm)
    Shoulders 123.25 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    Biceps 35.5 cm (up 0.25 cm)
    Thigh 54.5 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Waist 80.75 cm (down 0.75 cm)
    Neck 40.25 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    Weight 79.5 kg (down 0.6 kg)
    Accumeasure 5 mm (down 1.75 mm)

So, I have been eating not to cut or bulk half of this month. And my waist has first decreased the first half of the month, and incrased the latter half. But the fat caliper has gone down all through. I think the fat caliper is a less accurate measure than the waist.

It's been exam period this month, but I still have managed to get 4x workouts every single week. I even think I got some DOMS on my written exam, which may have affected the results. Lol. Worth it. Finally I have some consistency in my workouts. Now that I have consistency I have also felt the need for my first deload workout. I should have done such earlier in my lifting as well, but one time gotta be the first.

Total number of workouts: 18
    Lower: 9
    Upper: 9
    Of which were deload: 1

My cardio sessions are getting better. So much better that it's hard to get a high heart rate on the crosstrainer, so I've begun doing HIIT incline threadmill instead.

My lifts have still been stagnant this month, even though I have likely got more calories in the latter part of the month. But that's fine.

Next month? Bulk! And I'll try creatine. My gf is vegetarian, and I suspect I haven't got enough creatine since I have less meat than before meeting her.

Not strength gains, despite lots of calories (steady intake, and high protein) and regular workout (perfect schedule).

So... early this year I was crushing it in the gym, setting new personal records pretty much every time. So what's the difference between then and now?

Then // now:

BREATHING
    "Because I now have a new habit of BREATHING DEEP, also called belly breathing or diaphragmatic breathing. I now do this BEFORE, DURING and also some after sets" // don't have any breathing habits now, but I should!

REGULAR WORKOUTS
    Then I wasn't getting done a perfect four out of four workouts EACH WEEK // now I'm doing 4x workouts every week. So ... I think maybe I'm overexerting myself, because it's been after workouts where I have PUSHED IT (lower body 3rd December, upper 4th and 7th December) that I have had a setback. So I'm thinking I should be better at leaving reps in the tank and being happy with a moderately better workout even though I've got extra energy.

DELOAD
    I had deloads before in the form of NOT GOING TO THE GYM, and they were never intentionally deloads only that life came in the way of gymming // whereas now I've actually had my first deload week, it was the first week of this period. So ... maybe I should take it more careful after my deload. I think so.

NUTRITION
    Then I wasn't logging and sometimes eating to cut // now I'm logging and I'm on a steady surplus, gaining a little of fat (I'm fine with it) and eating massive. I also try to get a banana at the gym to be sure to get enough carbs I didn't do that before. But I am eating fairly low carb now, so I could try to have greek yogurt and oats/musli before workouts.

CARDIO (better now)
    I did cardio back when I had gains // I do cardio now also, and I don't overdo it

WARMUP (better now)
    I have the same or more of warmup now, so it's not lack of warmup which makes me not gain strength. I often do specific warmups now, i.e. light warmup sets of squats or dumbbell presses

MEDICINE FOR CONCENTRATION
    I did some of that then but not that much // right now maybe my nervous system is a bit exhausted (still) after an exam period. All I can do then is wait and see whether this improves. But having taken such on gym days I really don't lift much better.

CONCLUSION:
    *) Breathe more before, during and after. Real diaphragm breathing.
    *) Don't push it in the gym if I've got extra energy, my problem is going too hard. Leave reps in tank. It's been extra abs and squats sets when I've been overexcerted, so I could consider different abs workout than pulley crunches.
    *) Deloads are my friend. On Christmas eve my plan is to take an easy one-set deload workout with gymbands, likewise first Christmas day.
    *) Just to experiment with more carbs, try to have greek yogurt and musli or oats every day before workouts. I do have a low carb philosophy but maybe my body wants more carbs before workout, I don't know. I don't think it but whatever I'll try.

Elsewise: continuing as before!

My measurements 20 December 2023
    Chest 108 cm (up 1.75 cm)
    Shoulders 126.75 cm (up 3.5 cm)
    Biceps 37.5 cm (up 2 cm)
    Thigh 58 cm (up 3.5 cm)
    Waist 83.75 cm (up 3 cm)
    Neck 42.5 cm (up 2.25 cm)
    Weight 86.5 kg (up 7 kg)
    Accumeasure 6 mm (up 1 mm)

It's funny that I haven't had strength gains. I started loosening up, eating more, already last period. And this period I've consistently eaten at a surplus AND I'M ENHANCED with creatine since November 20th, i.e. the whole period.

The 1st week I started out (morning 21st November):
    weighing 79.5 kg
    waist 80.75 cm
    fat caliper 5 mm.

The 1st week ended (morning, Sunday 26 November):
    81.3 kg (up 1.8 kg)
    80.5 cm (down 0.25 cm)
    5.5 mm (up 0.5 mm)
    By the end of this week I had eaten whatever I fancied, as long as I logged it. The logging seems to be a bit lacking, but I'm guessing around 3100 kcal a day.

The 2nd week ended (Sunday 3 December):
    82.5 kg (up 1.2 kg)
    82.5 cm (up 2 cm)
    6.25 mm (up 0.75 mm)
    3750 kcal on average.

The 3rd week ended (10 December):
    85.2 kg (up 2.7 kg, perhaps some pump from bouldering yesterday)
    83.0 cm (up 0.5 cm)
    5.75 mm (down 0.5 mm)
    3747 kcal on average.

The 4th week ended (17 December):
    87.1 kg (up 1.9 kg)
    83.75 cm (up 0.75 cm)
    6 mm (up 0.25 mm)
    3735 kcal on average.

I'm not sure how fast people are supposed to gain water and glycogen from creatine, but I know that the first weeks it's usually quite some. It's hard to get the calories right. I likely have overeaten these first weeks, likely I would have had the same strength gains (pretty much none) with less food. But then again, maybe if my breathing was better I'd see strength gains with my current level of overeating. I know it's supposed to take a while until creatine kicks in, so ... I guess it's been semi-waster to eat this much, but whatever. It make it easier to troubleshoot why I am not gaining strength. It isn't lack of food, anyhow. I'm just continuing with a 3600 kcal budget, and the budget bursts some days.

Total number of workouts: 16
    Lower: 8
    Upper: 8
    Of which were deload: 4
    Cardio sessions: 12

Perfect schedule, and I've also worked out the neck for times per week. Shrugs twice, and isometric twice.

So, the following month I will tinker with everything mentioned above, which would highly likely give me non-enhanced gains, and then I've got creatine on top, so I'm hoping for a good month. Hoping that my body is getting enough rest, and also hoping to avoid some "xmas flu". There will be much overeating during xmas.
    Last edited by klbbr; 12-26-2023 at 08:12 AM.

It's never good to write a summary more than a month late, but here's an attempt.

My measurements 21 January 2024
    Chest 109.75 cm (up 1.75 cm)
    Shoulders 130.5 cm (up 3.75 cm)
    Biceps 31.5 cm (up 1 cm)
    Thigh 60.25 cm (up 2.25 cm)
    Waist 86 cm (up 2.25 cm)
    Neck 43.75 cm (up 1.25 cm)
    Weight 90.8 kg (up 4.3 kg)
    Accumeasure 6.5 mm (up 0.5 mm)

Total number of workouts: 18
    Lower: 9
    Of which were deload: 2

At the end of this period I started setting some records in volume. Chest, thighs etc. This was because I switched around my workout strategy to higher reps.

To begin with this month I made less progress in the gym than just a kcal surplus should engender. I was wondering whether my breahting technique should get better, or what was up really. Why wasn't I making more progress in the gym.

I feel that if I should run another creatine cycle, I should first BE IN A GOOD ROLL so that I am already making progress, instead of coming from a cut and not having succeeded in gaining back my strength yet (not gotten it back to precut levels).

I thought for a while that just eating more carbs could be the trick to get me more energy, but I tried, I tried big time, and it didn't work. So, I can role out that carbs is a magic key for me. That said, I think it's prudent to bring a banana or two when the sessions last more than an hour in the gym.

I am asking myself whether nervous system fatigue could be why I perform so poorly. And that threadmill runs where I get good and sweaty could be healthy for my gains. Likewise less stress in my personal life. I really think those could be key to performing better. It wouldn't surprise me if such factors were as important as good sleep. Whatever other recreatioal things to make me feel more calm and relaxed generally speaking would likely also do good. Such as taking a sauna.

I also take creatine every third and half day, and I wondered whether the timing between creatine and gymming mattered, but concluded that it didn't. It didn't matter at all. I didn't get any better sessions the closer I were to creatine ingestion. That said, if I were to take another creatine cycle, I would rather take it every third day to try to suppress side effects such as hair loss, and also get some heavier blockers than oral fin, or start oral fin at the very beginning.

Time and time again in my log, I see that I have eaten carbs. Lots of granola, bananas, oats, whatever, and it didn't work. It didn't give me energy. But I see that stress with a side chick not wanting to see me again and such, that likely has had a negative impact on workout performace.

On the 10th of January, I was wondering whether my introduction of pin squats and barbell calf raises could be taxing my nervious system. What I ATTEMPTED with twice weekly pin squats and barbell calf raises was training my nervious system to handle heavy loads, but maybe it was too much. If I introduce these again at a later time, I think once weekly would be better than twice.

On the 11th of January I switched stragegy from low rep high weight, like five reps or something but heavy, to high rep, lower weight. It seems that creatine enhancement hasn't given me that much edge in handling heavier loads with few reps, but it surely works wonders when it comes to making me handle many reps (turning up my rep range to 8-12). It has been hard with such a weight range earlier.

On the 11th of January I also denounced this thought that I just needed to wait for creatine to "kick in". I think I am struggling with eneergy cause I am dysthymic.

14th of January, I am switching to high reps for all my exercises (8-12 range).

15th of January, I am writing I think I need to DELOAD MY NERVIOUS SYSTEM over a longer period, working out with higher reps and also doing threadmill cardio. Doing this to make gains again in the gym. Sauna and 4x a week light crosstrainer cardio haven't helped my. Rather I should run.

16th of January. I get big time compliments on my thights. I'm "Mr. Thigh". Very nice. She also said "That's what a man is supposed to look like", just generally, I think I had a good BMI.

Aiming for 3600 kcal, but holidays ... Sometimes overshooting, wasn't logged well:

FOOD AND BODY (kcal-weekly avg, morning weight, waist and fat caliper):
    The 5th week ended (24 December): Inaccurate kcal logging, xmas without bathroom scale, 85.0 cm/6.25 mm
    The 6th week ended (31 December): Inaccurate kcal logging, 88.8 kg, 84.75 cm/6.25 mm
    The 7th week ended (7 January): 4624 kcal, 91.0 kg, 85.5 cm/5.75 mm
    The 8th week ended (14 January): 4397 kcal, 90.3 kg, 85.75 cm/6.25 mm

I take the photos and measurements Sunday morning, but my calorie calulator spits out data for Monday morning to Sunday evening, so with that caveat the numbers above are correct.

Next month the plan was to bulk more.
    Last edited by klbbr; 02-28-2024 at 04:39 AM.

I have made good gains the last month.

Also I have been getting slightly fatter, but not as much as the waist measurements would imply. I can still see my sixpack when I flex it, so I think the increase in waist is partially because I consume some five thousand calories per day, so my intestines are fuller than they otherwise would have been. I also think my waist has increased due to creatine adding water and glycogen weight (increased from the beginning of creatine, not recently), and also my waist could increase due to stronger abs and a little more fat. I am overshooting on intention, to get as much gains as I can.

My measurements 20 February 2024
    Chest 111.0 cm (up 1.25 cm)
    Shoulders 132 cm (up 1.5 cm)
    Biceps 40 cm (up 1.25 cm)
    Thigh 62.25 cm (up 2 cm)
    Waist 89.25 cm (up 3.25 cm)
    Neck 43.75 cm
    Weight 95.7 kg (up 4.9 kg)
    Accumeasure 7.5 mm (up 1 mm)

Late last period I drew my blood (16 January), and early this period I got the results. They showed that I had hypocalcemia. It wasn't to any alarming degree, but I started high-dose vitamin D and taking five hundred milligrams of calcium daily and a multi vitamin. My vitamin d was also lower than usual, and the doctor who analyzed the sample suspected hypocalcemia could be due to lower vitamin d than before. He was likely right, because when I later drew my blood (31 January) my calcium had risen.

In this period when I was hypocalcemic I had some heart issues. I don't know if the heart issues were cased by low calcium, but they went away after calcium rose. The problems were speeding heart after light cardio. This happened repeatedly. Therefore I didn't dare to do heavy cardio with running. Perhaps such cardio would have been good for my gains, because such cardio calms the nervous system and makes it easier to perform better. But staying safe I steered clear of it. When I had done light cardio, such as just a halfassed crosstrainer tabata workout, my heart could go up to 202 bpm and stay there, and 229 bpm another time and stay there a little while. This happened a little while AFTER light cardio where the heart would typically go to just 170.

In the period when I was hypocalcemic I also had some twitches when I extended my limbs fully. This also went away when the calcium rose (I noted the 28th of January that there were less twitching, and drew a sample a few days later where it had rose).

If I were to do another creatine cycle, I would preemptively begin taking a multi vitamin. Also I'd make sure I was on fairly high-dose vitamin d. Maybe 80 mcg.

Not long after I got the blood sample saying my calcium had risen, I stopped taking calcium supplementation. I get plenty, plenty from greek yogurt anyhow, and it was likely vitamin d which was the bottle neck, and it's not healthy to get too much calcium.

My hair has changed. The first time I noticed any frontal thinning was 12 January. That's 53 days, or almost eight weeks after I started creatine. I knew creatine could enhance DHT but I haven't taken finasteride, and I regret it. This change with regards to hair strands becoming more fragile and twisted and fewer of them has continued. On 27 January I begun topical finasteride, namely tricofin 0,025 % ca 1 ml on my scalp (I prioritize the temples and the hair below that and on top. And not that many days later, namely 2 February, I began 1 mg oral finasteride. I had some problems getting an erection which I journaled, but they largely went away, and at the time of writing my libido and erection are better than before I started this (better now that I am on creatine and fin than when I was using nothing). For a while Initially I ascribed thinning hair to lack of calcium, but the hair thinning has just continued after my calcium has risen, so I don't believe in that much now.

I have really been crushing it in the gym though. I started with high repetitions, and it seems being enhanced with creatine makes it MUCH EASIER for me to pull through both long workouts and workouts where the load is heavier. It seems though that creatine enhancement doesn't give equally much when it comes to just lifting a few heavy reps. Like it doesn't feels like it does as much for my nervous system as it does for my metabolic system. My workouts are usually just shy of two hours now, and they used to be about one hour before creatine. I have set volume records in pretty much everything. Also 1RM records and other records.

There has only been a few workouts, perhaps two or three total, where I have felt that creatine energy surge through. Elsewise I haven't. I also have debunked my hypothesis that just loading up with carbs would give me that energy. It hasn't. It seems cardio where I sweat and better mental health are keys to more gym energy. That is also related to how gf is. My sleep throughout has been okay. Not super, but okay.

I also note to myself that it's important to listen to my body even though I'm creatine enhanced. That I should hold back instead of going ALL IN, and also it would have been wise to deload once in a while but I haven't and that's fine.

Not doing pin squats and barbell calf raises have likely done good. It seems my tiredness is less pronounced after I stopped them. There were sessions before where I would not have that much energy for the last exercises.

Total number of workouts: 17
    Lower: 8
    Of which were deload: 0

Aiming for at least 3600 kcal. But when I noticed that I could eat more and not gain that much fat, I just adjusted the kcal upwards. I think the reason for adjusting upwards was the miniscule difference between the eight week and ninth week in weight and fat. Or perhaps it was even earlier. From the sixth week to the seventh. I don't know. All I know is that I aim for MORE THAN 3600 kcal and lately I have aimed for around five thousand calories. I have needed pepcidduo for the last weeks to prevent the feeling of puking when going to bed.

FOOD AND BODY (kcal-weekly avg, morning weight, waist and fat caliper):
    The 9th week ended (21 January): 4540 kcal, 90.8 kg, 86cm/6.5mm
    The 10th week ended (28 January): 5076 kcal, 92.4 kg, 86.25cm/6.5mm
    The 11th week ended (4 February): 5053 kcal, 92.9 kg, 87.5cm/6.25mm
    The 12th week ended (11 February): 5314 kcal, hadn't access to scale (two days later 94.2kg, maybe some of it pump I added), 89.75cm/7.25mm
    The 13th week ended (18 February): 5234 kcal, 94.2 kg, 88cm/7.75mm

I take the photos and measurements Sunday morning, but my calorie calculator spits out data for Monday morning to Sunday evening, so with that caveat the numbers above are correct.

Next month the plan is to bulk more. I will try to squeeze out good workouts, even though my nervous system calls for a deload week or two. I will just keep this going about three more weeks, and then think about doing a deload week, before I get back to the usual workouts again.

I'm doing a hair transplant in summer, so my plan is to wait with cutting at least 2-3 months after the hair transplant. So, I'll keep bulking through summer, but then I'll have deload weeks every once in a while.